So.... can anyone explain why this shoud be illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree to allowing adults to abuse all the drugs all they want. As long as they agree to get sterilized first. Druggies cannot raise children, And the responsible people of this country should not be forced to clean up their messes. Fair enough?

not really...

an adult (21 years old) could use drugs in his early twenties
or even until his late 20's
and then decide to stop
get married
and raise a family

if he/she has been sterilized he/she no longer has that option.

I would go along with something along the lines of;

if you use drugs
and screw up your life
don't come crawling to us to clean up the mess

however
we can now bring up people who "screwed up theri lives" withOUT drugs...

I know a guy
went mountain climbing (perfectly legal though VERY DANGEROUS)
has a fall
and is now paralyzed

we (tax payers) are now paying for his life.

so....what's the dif?

I certainly agree withyou that I do NOT wantto pay for the mess a drug attict might create out of his life due to drugs...

and I ALSO don't want to pay for the lives of people who chose to ddo angerous but legal acts and then made a mess of their lives

Well...it should be illegal for people that aren't granted the same rights as adults. But nevertheless, weed shouldn't be illegal...it is less harmful than alcohol.

Using that logic assault and battery should be legal because it's less harmful than murder.

Uh no, if thing A is OK then thing B ought to be OK if it's less harmful.

So really it would be, cigarettes are legal, therefore ice cream should be.

A, in this case, has proven to be not very OK.

Children.

In high school it was ten times easier to get pot than alcohol, while I could get pot at school. If one person didn't have it, I knew there were five others I could get it from.
To get beer you either had to wait outside the grocery store waiting for someone who would buy it for it, hoping it didn't caught. Every once in awhie I could get my brother's friend to buy it for me.
If you want it harder for children to get, you make it legal and put an age limit on it. And you have someone like a iquir store sale it, not some guy who doesn't give shit how old they are.

I'd agree to allowing adults to abuse all the drugs all they want. As long as they agree to get sterilized first. Druggies cannot raise children, And the responsible people of this country should not be forced to clean up their messes. Fair enough?

caffeine is more addicting than pot, and withdrawls much harsher.

hate to tell ya but pot ain't illegal because someone decided it was harmful.

You should really do some research.

For one, the study they did I think it was the 60's or 70's which some how proved it caused brain damage was pretty much one big fuck up. They sufficated the monkey's over a period of time, killing their brains, which then led to their death. No one except in the case of accident has died from overdosing off of pot, or even from such diseases like lung cancer.

For one, the study they did I think it was the 60's or 70's which some how proved it caused brain damage was pretty much one big fuck up. They sufficated the monkey's over a period of time, killing their brains, which then led to their death. No one except in the case of accident has died from overdosing off of pot, or even from such diseases like lung cancer.

Did you even read what I posted ?

No :lol:
I missed the ain't part! Sorry!:lol:

No :lol:
I missed the ain't part! Sorry!:lol:

bong hits will mess up your short term memory. :eusa_whistle:

But to respond to what you really said.:lol:

You notice how the " War on Drugs" started during the vietnam war? I watched one documentary that made a good point on the subject. Nixon couldn't arrest the hippies for protesting in most cases, but he could arrest them for drug use.

If controlled in the same manner as tobacco, alcohol, and other legal drugs... why can't it be legal? It is less harmful than tobacco... less addictive... and trust me when I say; Alcoholics are a lot worse for society than potheads.

Last edited:
My best friend's a meth addict...he has lost this wife, kids, job and home...and he still uses.

We've been friends for twenty years.

It started with pot, then powdered coke, then meth...then dealing meth to pay for his habit...then prison...meth again....back to prison...rehab and then he got it back together for a few years...met a great woman, had a great kid...more meth (maybe he was doing it all along)...another arrest...he lost everything...now he's dealing again and talks about 'ending it all' nearly every time I talk to him.

After watching what it's done to him over 20 years, I wouldn't wish a drug addiction on my worst enemy.

There is no withdrawal from THC.

THC is not physically addictive.

Repeated clinical trials have shown this.

My best friend's a meth addict...he has lost this wife, kids, job and home...and he still uses.

It started with pot, then powdered coke, then meth...then dealing meth to pay for his habit...then prison...meth again....back to prison...rehab and then he got it back together for a few years...met a great woman, had a great kid...more meth (maybe he was doing it all along)...another arrest...he lost everything...now he's dealing again and talks about 'ending it all' nearly every time I talk to him.

After watching what it's done to him over 20 years, I wouldn't wish a drug addiction on my worst enemy.

YOur best friend probably had other issues that caused his meth issues, most people who smoke pot do not smoke meth. The stigma that was placed on pot has more to do with people continuing on to use other drugs.

☭proletarian☭;2031889 said:

There is no withdrawal from THC.

THC is not physically addictive.

Repeated clinical trials have shown this.

I know this.

People's solution to the very real problem of drug use seems to be to want to make the problem worse. No society has functioned well where drugs were widely available.
My solution is to give every addict the best treatment we can the first time. The second time results in a quick trial and execution. Dealers just get a quick trial and execution.
This worked well for the Chinese after the revolution.

YOur best friend probably had other issues that caused his meth issues, most people who smoke pot do not smoke meth. The stigma that was placed on pot has more to do with people continuing on to use other drugs.

That has not been the case in my experience.

Of the pot smokers I know (and knew), all but ONE did not go on to a "harder" drug...usually meth.

Four went to prison, two (married) lost their 3 kids to the state, one was raped, one was found murdered in the woods, one died in a drug induced heart attack at 31 years old, one burned himself up trying to cook up some meth (didn't die but horribly scarred), and the others are still using.

All of them started with just pot.

Only two, the married couple, have quit and stayed quit...so far.

They are trying to help my best friend but he has to be willing to help himself.

I think the statistics on quitting meth without relapse is like 3%.

EDIT - I remembered another who got married and quit without hitting rock bottom...she's been drug free for 10 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back