So at what level will judicial disobediance begin. I opt for Federal myself.

BR-549

Nov 5, 2004
The Supremes' are going to make or concur with a lower court decision so egregiously abhorent to common sense and western cultural sensability ( gay marriage, abolishing a states right to execute criminals: adults this time, perhaps a ruling limiting some form of free speech to "protect" a certain group) that the President will have no recourse save to ignore their decision and refuse to enforce it.. Just as Jackson did in response to a decision by the Marshall Court in the 1820's.. It is GOING TO HAPPEN... I think it will occur first on the Federal level and then cascade to the State, County, and Municipal level.. It is more than time for this.. A democratic society cannot be held prisoner by a dictatorial court system.... It would be preferable for this to occur in the near future so as to effect future Supreme Court nominations..

BR-549 said:
The Supremes' are going to make or concur with a lower court decision so egregiously abhorent to common sense and western cultural sensability ( gay marriage, abolishing a states right to execute criminals: adults this time, perhaps a ruling limiting some form of free speech to "protect" a certain group) that the President will have no recourse save to ignore their decision and refuse to enforce it.. Just as Jackson did in response to a decision by the Marshall Court in the 1820's.. It is GOING TO HAPPEN... I think it will occur first on the Federal level and then cascade to the State, County, and Municipal level.. It is more than time for this.. A democratic society cannot be held prisoner by a dictatorial court system.... It would be preferable for this to occur in the near future so as to effect future Supreme Court nominations..

You think GW has the balls?

so unless the decision were politically advantageous.. But if public opinion, and his handlers, were so motivated he might.. I personally wish that W would behave a little more like a Texan and a little less like his Kennebunkport father. Wishful thinking, but hey he's a lame duck and won't have to face voters again so I say GO FOR IT!!!

BR-549 said:
so unless the decision were politically advantageous.. But if public opinion, and his handlers, were so motivated he might.. I personally wish that W would behave a little more like a Texan and a little less like his Kennebunkport father. Wishful thinking, but hey he's a lame duck and won't have to face voters again so I say GO FOR IT!!!

That's what I keep thinking---no problem with invading Iraq but he can't handle a border issue ?--Hell, he's gonna retire. I figure he owes somebody.

Forum List

Back