So at what level will judicial disobediance begin. I opt for Federal myself.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BR-549, Apr 8, 2005.

1. BR-549

BR-549 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The Supremes' are going to make or concur with a lower court decision so egregiously abhorent to common sense and western cultural sensability ( gay marriage, abolishing a states right to execute criminals: adults this time, perhaps a ruling limiting some form of free speech to "protect" a certain group) that the President will have no recourse save to ignore their decision and refuse to enforce it.. Just as Jackson did in response to a decision by the Marshall Court in the 1820's.. It is GOING TO HAPPEN... I think it will occur first on the Federal level and then cascade to the State, County, and Municipal level.. It is more than time for this.. A democratic society cannot be held prisoner by a dictatorial court system.... It would be preferable for this to occur in the near future so as to effect future Supreme Court nominations..

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    You think GW has the balls?

3. BR-549

BR-549 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    so unless the decision were politically advantageous.. But if public opinion, and his handlers, were so motivated he might.. I personally wish that W would behave a little more like a Texan and a little less like his Kennebunkport father. Wishful thinking, but hey he's a lame duck and won't have to face voters again so I say GO FOR IT!!!

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    That's what I keep thinking---no problem with invading Iraq but he can't handle a border issue ?--Hell, he's gonna retire. I figure he owes somebody.