So am I the only liberal here?

What's your affiliation... (choose all that apply)

• Total voters

jAZ

Jan 13, 2006
I'm new... I've not seen another liberal so far. I'm just curious if there are others.

Post here if you are a Dem or a liberal.

Attack away if you are not. :funnyface

Well, here's my attack. :2guns:

And no, you aren't the only Liberal here. There are a few Liberals, a couple that might be considered Centrists, and a couple of the less extreme Libertarians that are regulars. Most of us, obviously, are more Conservative and more Republican.

Welcome to the board, and hold on to your tinfoil hat. :tng:

jAZ said:
I'm new... I've not seen another liberal so far. I'm just curious if there are others.

there are quite a few....welcome

jAZ said:

opps neither...I am a registered American Independent...ultra conservative...and there are many Dems in here they just are sleeping or don't quite know what it is you are saying...dunno...then again I did give ya + rep for a good try...see we are very fair in the conservative movement..... :poke:

Jimmyeatworld said:

And no, you aren't the only Liberal here. There are a few Liberals, a couple that might be considered Centrists, and a couple of the less extreme Libertarians that are regulars. Most of us, obviously, are more Conservative and more Republican.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm not sure if I will survive, but mostly just because it's exhausting to be the lone dissenting voice in a chorus of boos.

I'm looking for a discussion board that has a fairly even representation of both sides. The DU and Freeper boards are good for organizing and sharing information among like minds, but they are boring. I prefer a back-and-forth disucssion, but 11-1 isn't my idea of fun either.

jAZ said:
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm not sure if I will survive, but mostly just because it's exhausting to be the lone dissenting voice in a chorus of boos.

I'm looking for a discussion board that has a fairly even representation of both sides. The DU and Freeper boards are good for organizing and sharing information among like minds, but they are boring. I prefer a back-and-forth disucssion, but 11-1 isn't my idea of fun either.

Invite a friend to help you

jAZ said:
Good to hear. I might last a little longer if there are.

all depends on how you like to discuss things.....there are some pretty convicted scary smart people here on both sides of the aisle....

jAZ said:
Thanks for the welcome.

Well, you won't be alone, though you may be alone in discussing things with some manner of reason. Naked Emporer wasn't too bad, but I haven't seen him around in awhile. Frankly, I like differing opinions. As someone put it in another thread, we don't want an echo chamber.

By the way, just for the record, I didn't see anything in the poll that really described me. I guess the closest would be "Republican that reserves the right to vote outside the party". But, for the poll, I'll just pick Moral Conservative.

Gee... I had a poll thread asking the same question here, very recently in fact, and it got closed.

One interesting result that I wouldn't expect possible.

Hobit voted that he/she is a moral conservative and a Libertarian all the way. Aren't those generally opposing views?

jAZ said:

Hobit voted that he/she is a moral conservative and a Libertarian all the way. Aren't those generally opposing views?

Are you trying to size up the crowd or what? Who cares what titles people use. Just wing it---if you feel picked on and don't like it you might be in the wrong place.

Jimmyeatworld said:

More like gay. F...K texas. hahahha, just joking.

Jaz, there are quite a number of liberals. Clay taurus often takes the liberal stance, Spidermantuba, maxipad, powerman, and more. Just give it time, they will pipe in. Oh, and mattskramer is screaming for homos to be able to wade into marriage.

Kathianne, I am of the same persuasion you described, so I just voted Repub, cuz thats how I VOTE:)

jAZ said:

What is you definition of a Libertarian?

MtnBiker said:
What is you definition of a Libertarian?
They typically (from my experience) are small government types who are socially/morally liberal (personal privacy, legalized prostitution, drugs, gay marriage), but are also fiscially conservative (don't tax me, deregulation, totally free markets).

dilloduck said:
Are you trying to size up the crowd or what? Who cares what titles people use. Just wing it---if you feel picked on and don't like it you might be in the wrong place.
Yeah, in a way, that's what I'm trying to do. I haven't heard or seen any liberals. Hell, I'm a pro-business moderate Democrat (big McCain fan) and I'm feeling fairly extremist given my sense of the views of the few I've interacted with so far.

I just thought it would be interesting to see what peoples views are here.

I would have liked to include more choices, but it only allowed 10.

Kathianne said:
None of the above. Liberatarian, with GOP pragmatics.
You can choose more than one option. You are at least #1 and #3 by that description though I'm not sure what "GOP pragmatics" means, so I could be wrong about this.

jAZ said:
Yeah, in a way, that's what I'm trying to do. I haven't heard or seen any liberals. Hell, I'm a pro-business moderate Democrat (big McCain fan) and I'm feeling fairly extremist given my sense of the views of the few I've interacted with so far.

The liberals tend to leave. I'm not really sure why. It could be because they are usually outnumbered by conservatives. It could be because the rep system sorta works against em. I can assure you that this group doesn't operate solely as a tag team as evidenced by several fights amongst ourselves.

jAZ said:

engage in polite conversation and you will learn much about people

Forum List

Back