SNAP (food stamps) should be restricted to rice, flour, rolled oats, and sugar

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Don't gimme any crap about how poor people need a balanced diet. As it is these snappers spend all this money on junk food. A diet of staples will be better for them. And MUCH cheaper for the taxpayers. Eating just those 4 staples, a person can live on a dollar a day.

Don't gimme any crap about how poor people need a balanced diet. As it is these snappers spend all this money on junk food. A diet of staples will be better for them. And MUCH cheaper for the taxpayers. Eating just those 4 staples, a person can live on a dollar a day.
That's the recipe for moonshine

If you shopped in places besides convenience stores and truck stops you wouldn't see anyone using food stamps.

Wow, you sound like Michelle Obama! Good for you!

i grew up poor eating beans and rice....you can live off it...beans..rice...corn...cornmeal.....you learn to work hard if you want more....i could see certain commodities simply being free....milk, eggs, rice..staples

Personally, I think the easiest way would be to stock some food pantries with healthy food and allow people to come in and pick up what they need on a weekly basis. Just don't offer junk. No different than schools these days. If people don't live near food pantries, we can deliver to handicapped or restrict what can be purchased in grocery stores.

It would be cheaper for tax payers to buy healthier food in bulk and keep the shelves stocked. I know some people are very responsible but others waste the food money on junk and then run out before the next month.

Instead of having so many different food giveaways and WIC, we should combine everything. It is important for people to eat.

We listened to Michelle Obama bitch endlessly about people's poor diets so why do we want to subsidize the decline of children's health just because some parents are clueless and lazy.

I see what many buy with food stamps. Not all junk food, but what they purchase are the things that take little effort to make. Pizzas, precooked chicken, fries or other ready foods that simply go right in the oven or microwave. Those things are more expensive and far less healthy (and tasty) than foods that take more preparation.

I have volunteered at local food pantries and people love the frozen pizzas but so many reject the raw chicken and veggies. They will take steaks if available, but usually it's 10 lb. bags of raw chicken. Many ask how they are supposed to cook it. They go crazy over baked goods and frozen ready foods but we always end up with extra produce and raw meats. Chicken is almost always on sale in grocery stores and it's so versatile. Waste of money to buy that Banquet crap that heats up in the oven. Or frozen nuggets or whatever. It's mostly crap and doesn't compare to a real home cooked meal.

Maybe some actually need cooking lessons. Many of us adopt the habits taught by parents.

I know people will say it's no one's business. I don't care what adults eat. It's just a damn shame to hand them money so they can feed their children junk and wind up with obese kids.

The program exists to provide healthy food so we should make sure that is all that we are buying for people.

While most of the quick foods will still make the list of acceptable foods and parents can continue to put little effort into making dinner, it would cut out the candy, chips, soda and some other junk that has little nutritional value.

Since other money is put on the same EBT cards, they can and do use them to purchase cigarettes.

If a person can afford to use them for cigarettes, tattoo parlors and other completely unnecessary stuff, we are either giving them more than they need or the children are being shortchanged by the parents.

Our duty is to ensure that people have a roof over their heads and food on the table, but never was having extra spending cash for partying part of the deal.

You don't know jack shit about nutrition.

If you shopped in places besides convenience stores and truck stops you wouldn't see anyone using food stamps.
Could you explain the reasoning that you used to come to that ridiculous conclusion so that I may shove it up your ass?

i grew up poor eating beans and rice....you can live off it...beans..rice...corn...cornmeal.....you learn to work hard if you want more....i could see certain commodities simply being free....milk, eggs, rice..staples
These people do not even care that food stamps help stabilize the food economy of America. They would bitch even more if food prices fluctuated wildly month to month and supermarkets went bust in even moderate recessions but that seems to be worth the sadistic thrill of punishing the poor for being poor.

I'd be alright with beans and round steak being added to your list.

Forum List

Back