Smartphone Apocalypse

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Vent thread. :)

242735.jpg

Can you spot the one whose phone got stolen? :)

modern_zombie_apocalypse_640_01.jpg

Wha dya wanna bet we're evolving away our vocal chords? :)

modern_zombie_apocalypse_640_03.jpg

From the parents' bedroom, "Hey honey let's fool around. The kids aren't here and wont walk in." ;)

modern_zombie_apocalypse_640_05.jpg

LOL

modern_zombie_apocalypse_640_10.jpg

Send: Wanna dance?
Reply: (left swipe)

modern_zombie_apocalypse_640_12.jpg

Hope a magnetic reversal or EMP detonation does happen! :)

More here,
Modern Zombie Apocalypse (25 pics)

I don't even have one of those things. What for?

Fishing reports on the fly,watching the game up at the the fish camp that has no power,google earth for when your out in the woods,compass for the same reason,instant directions by voice to the nearest gun store or range.
It took me awhile to give in and get one,but now that I have it,I cant imagine what I'd do without it.

Fishing reports on the fly,watching the game up at the the fish camp that has no power,google earth for when your out in the woods,compass for the same reason,instant directions by voice to the nearest gun store or range.
It took me awhile to give in and get one,but now that I have it,I cant imagine what I'd do without it.

I've been lost in the woods after nightfall and did just fine without a phone and google maps :) I've trekked on foot through the Mojave over a weekend negotiating my way around just fine during the night (too hot during the day) and it's not hard. If you get lost in the woods or somewhere and need a cellphone my first thought is ya shouldn't have been there in the first place. :)

I've been lost in the woods after nightfall and did just fine without a phone and google maps :) I've trekked on foot through the Mojave over a weekend negotiating my way around just fine during the night (too hot during the day) and it's not hard. If you get lost in the woods or somewhere and need a cellphone my first thought is ya shouldn't have been there in the first place. :)

Well since I've roamed the woods since I was old enough to cross the street it's pretty obvious I did just fine without it.
Only a fool passes up on available tech that enhances the outdoor experience.
Do you know how many remote ponds and small lakes I've found that I had no idea existed using google earth? And the ability to have your phone lead you right to it is kick ass.

Well since I've roamed the woods since I was old enough to cross the street it's pretty obvious I did just fine without it.
Do you know how many remote ponds and small lakes I've found that I had no idea existed using google earth? And the ability to have your phone lead you right to it is kick ass.

Well used to be people going out for a hike, or even just shopping looked fowards to being away from ringing phones and constantly interuptions and bother. Now we eagerly bring the bother along with us.

Well used to be people going out for a hike, or even just shopping looked fowards to being away from ringing phones and constantly interuptions and bother. Now we eagerly bring the bother along with us.

They have this neat feature where you can turn off the ringer.

Knowing you have it changes the experience. Like if a smoker knowing you have 1 last cig in the pack you can go a while without having it. Versus being completely out and nic-fitting like crazy. :)

Knowing you have it changes the experience. Like if a smoker knowing you have 1 last cig in the pack you can go a while without having it. Versus being completely out and nic-fitting like crazy. :)

Maybe for you it would.
Personally I dont let inanimate objects control my thoughts.

I honestly have no use for it. When I go into the woods, it's to get away from that stuff. I do just fine, and I have never been lost.

Forum List

Back