Slow Bleed Is Losing Ground

you'd be surprised at how much your friends would love to give to your campaign

Perhaps, like I said, I have trouble asking for money for other's campaigns, though I do it. I wish everyone would get involved, they'd find it so much easier to vote.

Especially since the notion of "slow-bleed" was a Republican created myth. No democrat ever uttered that phrase.

Get real, Bully. They didn't have to utter "that phrase" to know exactly what their real intention was. That's a b.s. response and a cop-out on this issue.

it really is disingenuous to portray a cut in funding as resulting in anything like troops on the ground not having enough ammunition to defend themselves...or not enough food to eat...or putting them in a situation where they needed to write and have their moms send them bus fare to get back home.

"leaving the troops without funds or equipment" is really a red herring

It is sick to see the Defeatocrats adopt the French way of fighting a war - surrender

Meanwhile the troops get the shaft from the Dems

Nothing new there either

l... a majority of voters clearly wanted republicans out from behind the wheel. I know that.

That "majority" was 40%, the best I recall, which is no where near the majority of people who were eligible to vote in 2006. I would not be so smug in assuming what the "majority" wanted, as the "majority" did not turn up at the polls in 2006.

That "majority" was 40%, the best I recall, which is no where near the majority of people who were eligible to vote in 2006. I would not be so smug in assuming what the "majority" wanted, as the "majority" did not turn up at the polls in 2006.

The way the Dems are acting, 08 will be the rebound year for conservatives

Libs cannot help it - their arrogrance and condescending attitude always oozes to the surface

This is a letter that was in one of the local paper..........

Getting Bush, not winning war, is the issue

To the editor:

May I start this article by saying I am a registered Democrat who is ashamed to claim my party affiliation. There may be some who are gloating because they claim to have won the 2006 gubernatorial election, but what did they win?

Where is their agenda? Since the first day George Bush took office, their only agenda has been to get him out of office at any cost. Never mind that it would divide and ruin our country.

Their envy of a man who was willing to step up to the plate when our freedom was threatened shows in their words and actions. Had they worked with this man from the beginning and showed some backbone and patriotism instead of trying to ruin him through their influence of the media, we may have won the war and had our young men and women home by now.

Only in America could our leader and commander in chief be so bashed by the media and fellow politicians without being tried for treason or possibly even loss of life. Open your eyes people. We are at war, but many act as though we are playing a board game.

Do these politicians really care about these brave young people who are serving our country or have already given their lives? They don't seem to care if we win or lose after all that has been sacrificed. It seems like some are rooting for the enemy.

Do they hate one man so much they want to make him look bad? I make it a point to read about the troops who have been wounded or lost their lives. In a large majority of the cases, after finding it in the fine print on page 17 you find these young people are not feeling pity for themselves, but are concerned for their buddies.

We probably have one of the finest group of troops fighting for our freedom now since the Civil War, because they were not drafted but volunteered. Let's equip them with what they need and let them get the job done. Yes, we have lost a little over 3,000 precious lives in four years. We lost over 23,000, killed or wounded, in one day at Antietam, but those dear souls also believed in what they were fighting for - the right to be free.

Ecile Shaw
Hagerstown

http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=159693&format=html

hey...if the other 60% that stayed home would have voted for YOUR side, I would suggest a more robust GOTV effort in the future.

sucks to be you.

It sucks to be a lib. Putting party ahead of country is low -even for libs

it doesn't suck to be me at all....life is good for me and for my party..... America has figured out what a bunch of incompetent bozos you republicans are.... took long enough!

it doesn't suck to be me at all....life is good for me and for my party..... America has figured out what a bunch of incompetent bozos you republicans are.... took long enough!

Libs have been bellowing how rotten America is since Pres Bush took office - now you say how good it is

08 will see the Dems tossed out - much like they were in 94

Even some Dems are stating to express their anger on how Dems are putting party ahead of country

Libs have been bellowing how rotten America is since Pres Bush took office - now you say how good it is

08 will see the Dems tossed out - much like they were in 94

Even some Dems are stating to express their anger on how Dems are putting party ahead of country

I NEVER put anything ahead of my country, with the exception of my family.

Forum List

Back