Sleeping on the Right Side is the Wrong Side

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I saw this on Fox & Friends yesterday morning and it's been running through my head ever since.

What difference does it make?

sleeping-on-the-left-side.jpg

Well, it seems there's a whole lot of reasons why. The most important is how your organs are arranged in your body. I did a quick Google search and came up with more than 8 million possible results to the question. I guess, because they make mattresses, this article is appropriate @ This Is Why You Should Be Sleeping On Your Left Side

Which side do YOU sleep on?

I sleep on my righr side becayse that faces me towards my nightstand (where the weapins are) and the door to the halkway (where a threat would come from. It puts my wife behind me and shielded from a threat.

I sleep-----hanging from my ankles-----head down-----because I am a bat

I try to sleep comfortable, and I can only sleep on my back for so long. And recently, I have been having pain in my hips, lateral side at the belt line.

Sometimes I sleep on my right side, then.....as the picture depits above - I sleep on my left side to prevent heartburn.

I use to wake up of a night within the past two years, suddenly and in the early morning hours after being asleep for five or six hours, caughing in the sink from gastric reflux ; and I have had stomach problems since I can remember. My mom mentions our surname and says it is the " *Jones* Stomach".

About the years 2006 to about 2012, I use to eat heartbun meds like crazy. Now I use over the counter meds.....but it is less frequent ; I hate taking meds for anything......but make an exception for heartburn. I am far from being what I describe as a "Pill Popper".

I sleep on my stomach, somewhat - but I push a pillow under my left or right side and sleep at a 45 degree angle. I do this sometimes....to stretch ( turn ) my neck to the left and right ; if it gets stiff sometimes.

Shadow 355

I sleep on a right handed mattress so I have to sleep on my right side

I saw this on Fox & Friends yesterday morning and it's been running through my head ever since.

What difference does it make?

sleeping-on-the-left-side.jpg

Well, it seems there's a whole lot of reasons why. The most important is how your organs are arranged in your body. I did a quick Google search and came up with more than 8 million possible results to the question. I guess, because they make mattresses, this article is appropriate @ This Is Why You Should Be Sleeping On Your Left Side

Which side do YOU sleep on?

Our bodies aren't perfectly symmetrical. Presumedly vital organs are on the other side.

Granny used to let Uncle Ferd sleep with a stuffed zebra - till he was 34...
icon17.gif

‘Cry it Out’ Sleeping Technique Does Not Harm Infants, Researchers Say
May 24, 2016 - It may be fine to let your baby cry until he or she falls asleep, according to a new study.
Writing in the journal Pediatrics, researchers from Flinders University in Australia say that letting a baby “cry it out” — in other words, cry itself to sleep — will not cause long-term psychological damage. The researchers came to the conclusion by studying 43 sets of parents with infants between the ages of 6 months and 16 months, all of whom had reported their child had problems sleeping. The infants were put into three groups. The babies in one group were allowed to cry themselves to sleep using a method called “graduated extinction,” in which parents check in on a crying baby less frequently until the baby falls asleep.

Another group of parents used bedtime fading, meaning they allowed their babies to stay up later in the hope that they would fall asleep quickly once in bed. In this method, parents usually stay in the room with their babies until they fall asleep. Yet another group did not practice either technique and were only given information about infant sleeping patterns.

BFA2CC65-AFD6-4E0B-82E6-76543245AE56_w640_r1_s.jpg

A new study says it may be OK to let your baby cry itself to sleep.​

Babies allowed to cry it out woke up less and fell asleep faster. The bedtime fading method group also appeared to fall asleep more quickly. The cry-it-out group fell asleep, on average, 15 minutes faster than the control group, while the bedtime fading group fell asleep 12 minutes faster. "It looks like you've got two effective treatments that don't necessarily lead to negative outcomes," an associate professor at Flinders University told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.

The researchers were able to tell the level of stress in an infant by measuring a stress hormone called cortisol found in the saliva. They also used ankle bracelets to monitor the number of times the babies woke during the night. A year after the study, the babies in the two groups showed no difference regarding attachment issues and behavioral problems. This is not the first study to come to this conclusion. According to the CBC, a 2012 study of 326 infants found that crying it out had no long-term negative effects after five years.

‘Cry it Out’ Sleeping Technique Does Not Harm Infants, Researchers Say

Forum List

Back