Single Issue Voters & the threat to democracy in America

Let's face it, single issue voters are prey to demagogues and charlatans, unable or unwilling to consider major issues beyond their usual obsessions, i.e. God, Guns, Gays, Abortion and taxes.

They are prey to political operatives and their propaganda, demagogues and charlatans; they never seem to consider the rights, needs and health of their fellow citizens, future generations or our air, water and soil

Easily convinced by the above predators, whose motivation is money and power, they refuse to consider alternative opinions which benefit all of the citizens of the United States.

What is worse is their continued attack on anyone, Pol or Citizen, who fail to support the current iteration of conservatism; The election of Donald Trump has created more division among We the People than at anytime other than during the Civil War; his elitist, bigoted, hateful and dishonest behavior has infected his most partisan supporters who echo each other with BIG LIES, and in print and tweets assassinate the character of all who question his behavior.

Man and women of good will are the few among the swamp creatures who infect The District. It is up to each voter to go to the polls and think outside the box, and not listen to what the predators say, but what those who in office have done, or not done.

Wow

First time in over 200 years elections are being determined by single issue voters.

IDIOT-GRAM, of topic and irrelevant.

hardly

but enjoy your whine.

(and look up sarcasm in the dictionary)

Look up mocking, for that is the correct explanation for your post.

"SARCASM: the use of irony to mock or convey contempt."

If you disagreed with my premise, you seem to lack the ability to write a coherent rebuttal.

What is worse is their continued attack on anyone, Pol or Citizen, who fail to support the current iteration of conservatism; ....

1. ALL I ever see you doing, is attacking people.

2. I never attack anyone just for not supporting "the current iteration of conservatism". Especially since I don't think you can really call Trump a conservative.

If you followed my posts you would know that the current iteration of conservative is little more than a set of disaffected people with no ideas or ability to solve problems; their rhetoric does not go beyond the games people play, described in the book by the same name.

Games People Play
by, Eric Berne

See: http://rrt2.neostrada.pl/mioduszewska/course_2643_reading_3.pdf

You may very well find yourself, if you read this link with an open mind.

Last edited:
Another whining butthurt thread.
Considering that half the population doesn't even bother to show up election day shows that both parties have failed We The People.
Cynics, partisans, hypocrites and charletons exist within both parties which consist of self serving elitist career politicians. DC is nothing but an auction whorehouse for sale to the highest bidder. The division is purposeful as it pits citizens against each other ignoring the sleaze they consistently reelect ad nausum.

We get exactly what we put into the system.

Let's face it, single issue voters are prey to demagogues and charlatans, unable or unwilling to consider major issues beyond their usual obsessions, i.e. God, Guns, Gays, Abortion and taxes.

They are prey to political operatives and their propaganda, demagogues and charlatans; they never seem to consider the rights, needs and health of their fellow citizens, future generations or our air, water and soil

Easily convinced by the above predators, whose motivation is money and power, they refuse to consider alternative opinions which benefit all of the citizens of the United States.

What is worse is their continued attack on anyone, Pol or Citizen, who fail to support the current iteration of conservatism; The election of Donald Trump has created more division among We the People than at anytime other than during the Civil War; his elitist, bigoted, hateful and dishonest behavior has infected his most partisan supporters who echo each other with BIG LIES, and in print and tweets assassinate the character of all who question his behavior.

Man and women of good will are the few among the swamp creatures who infect The District. It is up to each voter to go to the polls and think outside the box, and not listen to what the predators say, but what those who in office have done, or not done.

Our lives would be SO much better if only we would bow to your every whim.....you are godlike and all wise.

That's your opinion, from your perspective. I'm simply well educated, smart and smart enough to know my limitations. You're an insipid jerk.

Son, you aren't any of those things. You're a bigoted, hate filled little man with a superiority complex. You think you know best about everything. You don't , but hey......it's ok for you to pretend you do. I'm guessing you're short.

When one simply posts one's opinion does one really expect discussion? No, you simply want to preach. For the record, you're a "single issue" voter. You vote for the Government to make everyone else do what you think they should.

Another whining butthurt thread.
Considering that half the population doesn't even bother to show up election day shows that both parties have failed We The People.
Cynics, partisans, hypocrites and charletons exist within both parties which consist of self serving elitist career politicians. DC is nothing but an auction whorehouse for sale to the highest bidder. The division is purposeful as it pits citizens against each other ignoring the sleaze they consistently reelect ad nausum.

We get exactly what we put into the system.

Wry simply wants to "rule", having elections allows he "little" people to get in his way.

Democracy IS the threat to America, and your OP cites one of many reasons why. Even if the authority voters hope to control was valid - which it's not - they are certainly not fit to control it.

If men were worthy to wield authority, they would be Gods.

There are men and women of good will worthy to make laws and create policies; unfortunately they cannot compete with the single interests of those with the money to pay to play, and don't contribute to the campaign of those who won't do their bidding, they will fund someone who will.

If "democracy IS the threat to America'', in your opinion, what method of governance should replace it?

It seems our government, even though democratically elected, has been governed by Plutocrats - for no one can doubt that what we live under at this moment in our history an Oligarchy.
the rights, needs and health of their fellow citizens, future generations or our air, water and soil

Democracy IS the threat to America, and your OP cites one of many reasons why. Even if the authority voters hope to control was valid - which it's not - they are certainly not fit to control it.

If men were worthy to wield authority, they would be Gods.
There are men and women of good will worthy to make laws and create policies; unfortunately they cannot compete with the single interests of those with the money to pay to play, and don't contribute to the campaign of those who won't do their bidding, they will fund someone who will.
yep.....on both sides Wry.....you were doing ok in your OP until it became its a all the rights fault.....the far left asswipes are just as divisive and just as bad for the country as the far right asswipes are....

What is worse is their continued attack on anyone, Pol or Citizen, who fail to support the current iteration of conservatism; ....

2. I never attack anyone just for not supporting "the current iteration of conservatism". Especially since I don't think you can really call Trump a conservative.

If you followed my posts you would know that the current iteration of conservative is little more than a set of disaffected people with no ideas or ability to solve problems beyond the games people play, described in the book by the same name.

I know that that is your opinion.

And that you did not address my post, even though you hit the reply button.

Yet Hillary was the one who called us "deplorables", blacks "super predators", Hispanics "needy" and Bernie supporters "basement dwellers"

What were you saying?

LMAO liberals are not obsessed with issues? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg: I love these liberal projection threads. :auiqs.jpg:

That's five issues not a single issue. Lol. SINGLE ISSUE. What do you think that means???

LOL, yes, of course many of the herd also vote on these single issues, but each is a stand alone wedge issue. That's simple, why you couldn't get it is ... well, sad.

LMAO liberals are not obsessed with issues? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg: I love these liberal projection threads. :auiqs.jpg:

The Left has ONE issue, use Gov to make everyone do as they think they should.

Of course liberals and progressives and Democrats are concerned with policies and issues, but not hysterically, as we have seen in the posts by the self defined conservatives. Much of their rhetoric is over the top excessive, compulsive and filled by hyperbole, logical fallacies and idiot-grams.

As posted in #36, "Much of their rhetoric is over the top excessive, compulsive and filled by hyperbole, logical fallacies and idiot-grams". See the example in post #35.

Only for the racists

The election of Obama gave people the opportunity to classify anyone who disagreed with them on any issue a racist. Even if the issue had nothing to do with race.

During the sixty or seventy years that liberals dominated the media, single issues could be created in a day or even an hour. The problem with the left is that they still think that the liberal media is in control even in the information age and single issues can still be created. As usual the left underestimates the intelligence of the American voter and that's why they were so surprised and angered that Hillary lost.

As posted in #36, "Much of their rhetoric is over the top excessive, compulsive and filled by hyperbole, logical fallacies and idiot-grams". See the example in post #35.

No need, I've been dealing with people like you my entire life. You think you know best. All you really know is that you NEED to be in control. Us "little" people keep getting in your way.

Worst case of election butthurt in history! :lmao:

The Gop doesn’t ?!!! Lol! They are always messing wh people just for kicks . Take gay marriage. Whats it to conservatives? Doesn’t effect their lives . Same wh women reproductive rights .

The election of Obama created more division among We the People than at anytime other than during the Civil War and then the election of Trump compounded it. You tards on the left are just as responsible for the division in this country as the tards on the right you are pointing your finger at and this rant of yours is a perfect example of stoking that division.

Bullshit, the only thing wrong which Obama did was to be born non-white. By being elected TWICE he enraged insecure white men (mostly, not to leave out W.T. and the drunk cat, et al) and proved that a man of color could govern effectively.

Even when the Republican Party and Alt Right worked as hard could to make him fail Of course they failed in that too since his leadership brought are economy back from the brink of the abyss, he repaired working relationships with our allies and worked toward making all of our citizens equal before the law; enabling all citizens to believe they too could achieve American Dream, notwithstanding their color, creed, gender or gender identification.

Of course the Alt. Right and Republican Party spent 8+ years attacking President Obama for becoming President and for seeking equal rights and equal opportunities for all of our citizens. His election alone brought forth the bigots, racists, misogynists and all around haters, who reject the values so well expressed in the Preamble to our Constitution.

No what he did wrong was:

1. Try to play a dictator and go around congress multiple times and brag he had a pen and phone

2. Use Gruber and tell the lie of the decade. The ends justify the means to a liberal

3. No hope , no change, no transparent government..

4. Divided us like we havnt seen since the mid 1970s..

5. Use the stimulus to pay back his union cronys

And the irony is single issue voters are likely spread across both parties but YOU are too caught up in your own bullshit to admit it.

Forum List

Back