Since the start of the Trade war...

keep holding! I will tell you when to stop

Ready to apologize again like you did last time?

Keep holding your breath. It will happen...really I promise!!! :113:

It’s happened before it will happen again

I was actually wrong last time, not so much this time.
100% wrong. Par for the course for you these days.

I need a bit more than "because I said so" from you.

Since this is "your job" how about some statistics showing a direct correlation between the business confidence index and an increase in hiring.

Should be a breeze for someone with your job.

brothers and sisters: the only thing that can defeat america is america itself

there's no ocean big enough, no army strong enough, no dictator bold enough.

so let's get unified behind Trump and win this trade war, my friends!

Ready to apologize again like you did last time?

Keep holding your breath. It will happen...really I promise!!! :113:

It’s happened before it will happen again

I was actually wrong last time, not so much this time.
100% wrong. Par for the course for you these days.

I need a bit more than "because I said so" from you.

Since this is "your job" how about some statistics showing a direct correlation between the business confidence index and an increase in hiring.

Should be a breeze for someone with your job.

Ahhh but it’s not that simple even the greatest of economists cannot necessarily correlate due to lag times and such. But there are several articles and books on this if it interests you.

Orange Man crazy. The Fed had to cut rates because his trade war is a clusterfuck.

Sadly he is too stubborn to admit he fucked up, we can expect SNAFU to go on and on until Jan 20, 2021

How would you return manufacturing jobs to our nation? And if not what higher paying jobs would there be? The swervice economy was supposed to be even and high paying for all. What it did do is show the higher costs for government jobs, trades and service to repair things that we sweep under the rug. We are done. We are corrupted. We blew tens of trillions of dollars and tens of trillions of dollars more, easily everywhere in our nation. China got it down....Communism with sweatshop capitalism. That's the winning ticket!

Only Trump and the wishful thinkers believe Manufacturing durable products will ever return to the US. The wages here are much higher than in foreign lands, and thus the profits are greater for the industries to remain off shore.

We need to look into the future, we need to focus on renewable and green energy, build electric cars and require all new homes and buildings in the sun belt to have solar panels. This will require an effort to create more jobs in the trades, something miners, roustabouts and roughnecks may need as times change.

Orange Man crazy. The Fed had to cut rates because his trade war is a clusterfuck.

Sadly he is too stubborn to admit he fucked up, we can expect SNAFU to go on and on until Jan 20, 2021

How would you return manufacturing jobs to our nation? And if not what higher paying jobs would there be? The swervice economy was supposed to be even and high paying for all. What it did do is show the higher costs for government jobs, trades and service to repair things that we sweep under the rug. We are done. We are corrupted. We blew tens of trillions of dollars and tens of trillions of dollars more, easily everywhere in our nation. China got it down....Communism with sweatshop capitalism. That's the winning ticket!

Only Trump and the wishful thinkers believe Manufacturing durable products will ever return to the US. The wages here are much higher than in foreign lands, and thus the profits are greater for the industries to remain off shore.

We need to look into the future, we need to focus on renewable and green energy, build electric cars and require all new homes and buildings in the sun belt to have solar panels. This will require an effort to create more jobs in the trades, something miners, roustabouts and roughnecks may need as times change.

Right. Politics didn't make those jobs leave, and politics won't bring them back. Globalism has been inevitable since Sputnik flew. Conservatives always fight the future. It's what makes them conservatives.

Right. Politics didn't make those jobs leave, and politics won't bring them back. Globalism has been inevitable since Sputnik flew. Conservatives always fight the future. It's what makes them conservatives.

A slight amendment. Changes in hostile takeover rules in the 80's made it profitable to buy some mfg plants, fire the employees, sell the equipment overseas and spin off the real estate. Still, that only sped the process a little.

Oh, but of course politicians helped the process along all the way. There never was a need to accept countries with atrocious records on human rights and environmental regulations into the WTO, there never was a need for NAFTA, there never was the need to expose workers to global competition with slave laborers half ways around the world. Neither was there a need to keep transportation costs so low so that a hair dryer could be transported 20,000 miles and still out-compete a domestic product. There never was a need for investment capital to zip around the world unregulated and largely untaxed, while taxes added heavily to labor and production costs. There is no such thing as "globalization" befalling us out of a blue sky.

Oh, and of course manufacturing might come back. Keep wages stagnant a few more decades, and get rid of environmental and work-place safety regulations, turn the country into a slightly better educated replica of Bangladesh, and there will be a manufacturing boom. Also, with the progresses in robotics and AI, making consumer goods in the U.S. might be profitable again. Just the infestation by carbon entities at the "work place" will have been eliminated entirely.

View attachment 273293

So you think your propaganda is powerful enough that I will look at my statement and somehow be convinced that I *havent* made out like a bandit? When I can see the difference in the balance?

This is called "magical thinking" Try it somewhere else son.

Or conversely you could say "ill bet you lost money between 11:57 AM and 3:30 PM on August 2nd" or some other artificial constraint.
Its why you leftists end your life with a sign demanding more government handouts.

Where is your RoR for 2018? The S&P lost more than 6% in 2018...

I would also bet you that you had a higher RoR at this point under the Obama admin than you do now.

Good thing I didnt retire in 2018 isnt it? I bought in 2018. Feels nice.

you just started buying in 2018? That explains why you are so ignorant of the markets.

So lets talk about your ignorance in investing. No wonder you are a failure. If you have kids (God help them) you would say "now the stock market only goes up kids. If it dips you lost money. It must only go up every day"
Your kids will be as big a losers as you are.
I explained top mine the principles of investing. The two oldest are already sitting on profits. And ive also warned them of your type...and to ignore you lot as best they can.

Do not worry about me my little snowflake, I do just fine with my investments. This is not about individual investments, this is about overall market performance.

My kids are awesome, one is 24 has a nursing degree with zero college debt and has been an ER nurse for over a year now. The other is going into his senior year and already has his next step in his education laid out.

The wife and I taught them many lessons, one of the most important is not to worship any other human...then I show them post from you as an example of what worshiping the man sitting in the White House can do to a person.

They do enjoy mocking people like you, that I taught them also!
Why did you tell me at least twice that your daughter has her own business and is making a fortune?
ER Nurse’s do well, God bless them, but they don’t run their own business and they don’t make a fortune.

Where is your RoR for 2018? The S&P lost more than 6% in 2018...

I would also bet you that you had a higher RoR at this point under the Obama admin than you do now.

you just started buying in 2018? That explains why you are so ignorant of the markets.

So lets talk about your ignorance in investing. No wonder you are a failure. If you have kids (God help them) you would say "now the stock market only goes up kids. If it dips you lost money. It must only go up every day"
I explained top mine the principles of investing. The two oldest are already sitting on profits. And ive also warned them of your type...and to ignore you lot as best they can.

Do not worry about me my little snowflake, I do just fine with my investments. This is not about individual investments, this is about overall market performance.

My kids are awesome, one is 24 has a nursing degree with zero college debt and has been an ER nurse for over a year now. The other is going into his senior year and already has his next step in his education laid out.

The wife and I taught them many lessons, one of the most important is not to worship any other human...then I show them post from you as an example of what worshiping the man sitting in the White House can do to a person.

Why did you tell me at least twice that your daughter has her own business and is making a fortune?
ER Nurse’s do well, God bless them, but they don’t run their own business and they don’t make a fortune.

You need to cut down on the drugs dude, these hallucinations are getting worse.

I never, ever said that about my daughter or anyone else.

We’ve know each other too long for you to start lying now.
This issue is that you brag so much you lose sight of reality.
I don’t know who’s worse, you or Frannie.

You have been lying as long as I have been on this board.

3/4 of the bullshit stories you tell are lies, which is why you have never backed up a word you say, like this lie you made about me.

You are one sad human being.

The economy is NOT BAD, see you later alligator.

Its not good either, which is why the Fed had to cut the rates

The Fed had to cut the rates because of the global risks to the US economy. The other global economies are not doing well. When Chuck Schumer is cheering Trump on to manage China, you know Trump is doing something right.
If the US economy is "not good", what's wrong with it? You mad your ETF went down a smidgen? Grow a pair. We need to get China under control before they take over the world.

But we are not getting China under control, the more Trump pulls the US back the more China takes our place. While we tariff the world they finance the world. The new silk roa, railroads in Brazil, massive investment in Africa and a road going from Europe to China. China is not sitting back waiting for us to act, they are working on replacing their need for us.

Your examples are all true, and what is China using to finance their expansion?
That's right, the massive US trade surplus, stealing US intellectual property, extorting US companies who want to do business in China.
Trump is not pulling back, he is adding tariffs to get concessions, which aren't coming. Sooner or later China and the US will part company, its coming, China IS replacing the US. The horrible trade deals that the US has had for decades have come home to roost. Can Trump fix the mess? Stay tuned....

These are the same "horrible trade deals" that made the USA the richest country in the world, before American corporations got greedy and started off-shoring manufacturing. Of course the corporations and their shareholders got richer. Only the American workers lost out.

Since Trump tore up all of America's trade deals, exports to Europe have been cut in half, and the trade deficit with China has increased. For the first time in its history, Canada has a trade surplus with the USA.

In order for an economy to succeed, it must have a thriving middle class. Republican Party economic policies are destroying the American middle class in favour of the investor classes. Trump is destroying everything that makes a thriving middle class, by giving permanent tax cuts to the wealthy, and eliminating tax cuts to the middle class.

Everything Trump has focussed on, has gotten worse than when he started. Trade deficits are higher on all fronts, illegal border crossings were at a 50 year low, now they're at a 15 year high; NK now has missiles; Iran is building nukes, manufacturing is now in a recession, air and water quality are deteriorating, Trump's solution to high drug prices is for Americans to buy their drugs in Canada.

And Americans are being murdered in mass public shootings by white supremacist terrorists.

Today a man was arrested because he went shopping at a Walmart store wearing body armour and carrying an AK15, with a pistol in a holdster, in an open carry state. Earlier this week, a motorcycle backfired in Times Square, and people ran for cover, terrified.

So much winning!!

“Start lying now”? It’s his most prominent characteristic.
Besides a pitiful investment track record of 2% where everyone else blew his socks off.

Besides a pitiful investment track record of 2% where everyone else blew his socks off.

how quaint, you make up lies about me while accusing me of lying.

Now about DOTR insulting you...
The moment anyone disagrees with you by endorsing even one Trump policy, you call them a TrumpBot.
Do you even read what you post?

The moment anyone disagrees with you by endorsing even one Trump policy, you call them a TrumpBot.

IMO Trumpism is akin to fascism, and anyone who supports fascism is not and never has supported the mission and vision statement within the Preamble to COTUS.

In general nothing President Trump has done has been guided by these words:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America"

DOTR is not a Trump bot, he is a full fledged worshiper of the man.

Forum List

Back