Shrek is poisioning our children!!!!

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
McDonald's in their latest movie promotion has fucked up badly. Seems that they contracted with China to get their souveneir glasses, and China put cadmium in the paint, which can be directly absorbed by the body.

It causes kidney failure, cancer, as well as a whole bunch of other health problems......

Reporting from Washington —
McDonald's will recall about 12 million "Shrek" drinking glasses because federal regulators found they contain the toxic metal cadmium, which poses health risks.

The glasses have been sold for $2 apiece at McDonald's restaurants across the country as a promotional tie-in with the movie "Shrek Forever After." Purchasers will be advised to keep them away from children and to return them to McDonald's for a refund.

The recall, which will be officially announced Friday by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, was set in motion by an anonymous tip to Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Hillsborough) last week. She alerted the commission, which tested the glasses and confirmed the presence of cadmium in the paint used for the decorative characters. Cadmium is a carcinogen and can cause kidney, lung, intestinal and bone damage.

McDonald's to recall 'Shrek' glass cups, citing cadmium health risks - latimes.com

McDonald's in their latest movie promotion has fucked up badly. Seems that they contracted with China to get their souveneir glasses, and China put cadmium in the paint, which can be directly absorbed by the body.

It causes kidney failure, cancer, as well as a whole bunch of other health problems......

McDonald's will recall about 12 million "Shrek" drinking glasses because federal regulators found they contain the toxic metal cadmium, which poses health risks.

The glasses have been sold for $2 apiece at McDonald's restaurants across the country as a promotional tie-in with the movie "Shrek Forever After." Purchasers will be advised to keep them away from children and to return them to McDonald's for a refund.

The recall, which will be officially announced Friday by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, was set in motion by an anonymous tip to Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Hillsborough) last week. She alerted the commission, which tested the glasses and confirmed the presence of cadmium in the paint used for the decorative characters. Cadmium is a carcinogen and can cause kidney, lung, intestinal and bone damage.

McDonald's to recall 'Shrek' glass cups, citing cadmium health risks - latimes.com

How many times does this have to happen before we wake up. I do not like Glenn Beck, but instead of crowing about how many advertisers he has lost, we show companies like Mcdonald's that they should not be doing business with these a-holes. Throw some work to some American firm.

Here comes the obligatory, " But the progressive agenda causes big business to look elsewhere." BS, Mcdonald's could take a .0001 hit to their profit margin and have the glasses made in the USA.

Mikey D's has been contracting out with China ever since Bush Jr.

Seems that if they do it that way, their CEO's can afford to keep a mistress in the style she's accustomed to, if they had to do it here in the US, they wouldn't have a mistress, just a cheap whore on a retainer.

You can't cut into their bottom lines, corporations have the best interests of the American people at heart!

/sarcasm.

this has got to be intentional....how many incidents can we have with China and poisoning american goods and pets and people before we recognize such?

Careful, careful, we're starting to stereotype here. I men don't point out that these goods are chinese.

Lies I tell ya! Nothing but lies!
(Where's my lawyers number? Jilliannnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Lies I tell ya! Nothing but lies!
(Where's my lawyers number? Jilliannnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hey Shrek.......was this sweatshop labor as well?

At this time there will be no further comments from our client. We will have an official statement prepared, with evidence showing that either G.W. Bush or B. Obama are in fact the guilty ones in this terrible, tragic situation. Thank you.
(My assistant, Ms. Cadmium, will be passing out free happy meal coupons to all present).

Forget the Chinese workers who did the painting for 30 cents a day for a 12 hour day. Little yellow people can take all kinds of abuse and keep on ticking, right guys?

How many times does this have to happen before we wake up. I do not like Glenn Beck, but instead of crowing about how many advertisers he has lost, we show companies like Mcdonald's that they should not be doing business with these a-holes. Throw some work to some American firm.

It costs too much.

BTW, happy meals don't come with the glasses. You buy the glasses separate.

Forget the Chinese workers who did the painting for 30 cents a day for a 12 hour day. Little yellow people can take all kinds of abuse and keep on ticking, right guys?

Better to work cheap than to starve....
I just did a paper on child labor, and one of the weird conundrums of things like slavery, child labor, and sweat shops is that when it's eliminated, the populace suffers HORRIBLY. they starve, children move into prostitution, families sell and kill their children, crime skyrockets.

Kids shouldn't be eating that shite anyway. It is truly appalling and shameful, the flagrant marketing of poison to children - especially the "pester ploy". If I ever have kids, they will never eat that crap.

Last edited:
Get back to me after you have kids and we'll visit this discussion again.

Excessive control over what your kids eats leads to eating disorders, btw.