Shrek is poisioning our children!!!!

Just something nice to help you guys out..........

Toxicity
Main article: Cadmium poisoning

Cadmium poisoning is an occupational hazard associated with industrial processes such as metal plating and the production of nickel-cadmium batteries, pigments, plastics, and other synthetics. The primary route of exposure in industrial settings is inhalation. Inhalation of cadmium-containing fumes can result initially in metal fume fever but may progress to chemical pneumonitis, pulmonary edema, and death.[27]

Cadmium is also a potential environmental hazard. Human exposures to environmental cadmium are primarily the result of the burning of fossil fuels and municipal wastes.[28] However, there have been notable instances of toxicity as the result of long-term exposure to cadmium in contaminated food and water. In the decades leading up to World War II, Japanese mining operations contaminated the Jinzu River with cadmium and traces of other toxic metals. As a consequence, cadmium accumulated in the rice crops growing along the riverbanks downstream of the mines. The local agricultural communities consuming the contaminated rice developed Itai-itai disease and renal abnormalities, including proteinuria and glucosuria.[29] Cadmium is one of six substances banned by the European Union's Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive, which bans certain hazardous substances in electronics.

Cadmium and several cadmium-containing compounds are known carcinogens and can induce many types of cancer.[30]

Research has found that cadmium toxicity may be carried into the body by zinc binding proteins; in particular, proteins that contain zinc finger protein structures. Zinc and cadmium are in the same group on the periodic table, contain the same common oxidation state (+2), and when ionized are almost the same size. Due to these similarities, cadmium can replace zinc in many biological systems, in particular, systems that contain softer ligands such as sulfur. Cadmium can bind up to ten times more strongly than zinc in certain biological systems, and is notoriously difficult to remove. In addition, cadmium can replace magnesium and calcium in certain biological systems, although these replacements are rare.

Tobacco smoking is the most important single source of cadmium exposure in the general population. It has been estimated that about 10% of the cadmium content of a cigarette is inhaled through smoking. The absorption of cadmium from the lungs is much more effective than that from the gut, and as much as 50% of the cadmium inhaled via cigarette smoke may be absorbed.[31]

On average, smokers have 4-5 times higher blood cadmium concentrations and 2-3 times higher kidney cadmium concentrations than non-smokers. Despite the high cadmium content in cigarette smoke, there seems to be little exposure to cadmium from passive smoking. No significant effect on blood cadmium concentrations could be detected in children exposed to environmental tobacco smoke.[32]

Cadmium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By the way........don't do what some douchenozzle reporters have suggested and throw it in the trash.

It will leach into the ground and make the ground toxic.

too bad it effects children. adults eating at mcdonalds deserve to die a painful cancer death anyway

Yep.

Me personally? When I go out to eat, my favorite "fast food" is Sharkey's Burrito Company here in Amarillo TX.

For only 7 bucks you can get a 1 1/2 lb burrito made to order. They run their line kinda like Subway, and the service is SUPER FAST!

Best burritos I ever ate. Neat thing? They prepare their stuff fresh daily, not processed and crappified like McD's. Only reason I ate anything from there while I was in the Navy? I missed breakfast at the chow hall.

If I have my choice, Burger King is the lesser of 2 evils.

Twinkies, the breakfast of survivalists.
(With a shelf life like that what else would they have to eat?)

twinkies.jpg

Nope........sorry..........canned beans beats Twinkies any day of the week.

Methane powered motorcycles?! Peeeeyuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!

No...........methane powered BICYCLES. That way, the aroma is left to hang in the air, rather than getting blown away by the wind.

I ride a Lemond Zurich with Campy Chorus ergopower shifters and Mavic Cosmic wheels with a Selle Italia titanium saddle and Speedplay X pedals.

nope........sorry..........canned beans beats twinkies any day of the week.

methane powered motorcycles?! Peeeeyuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!

no...........methane powered bicycles. That way, the aroma is left to hang in the air, rather than getting blown away by the wind.

I ride a lemond zurich with campy chorus ergopower shifters and mavic cosmic wheels with a selle italia titanium saddle and speedplay x pedals.

Τι στο διάολο είπες;

well the glasses could be used for something else like a candle holder.or a pencle and stuff holder.

Good think the conservatives oppose any regulations that would have prevented this from happening. It would have cost McD money and jobs would be lost

Chinese jobs.

Excessive control over what your kids eats leads to eating disorders, btw.

My kids will eat only real food because I eat only real food and everyone around me eats only real food. Kids learn best by example.

well the glasses could be used for something else like a candle holder.or a pencle and stuff holder.

Actually, I paint with oil paints and cadmium can leach into your skin. I use gloves when I paint w/cadmium red. You really shouldn't touch anything with that in it.

Why do we keep allowing this to happen? Do not our lawmakers get it, or do they have shares in these businesses? Something isn't right.
These businesses, many of them, put profit before people and will continue to do so until the laws change. They should,for these violations, suffer hundreds of millions in fines.

The loss of one child or anyone's life or a lifetime of debilitating pain, for any type of gain, financial or otherwise is totally unacceptable, yet these manufacturing and business people continue to do it year after year, KNOWING what's in their products and what they will do to others, remember tobacco, or did we forget? Even the state governments are cashing in on Profit B4 People. :eek:

Why do we keep allowing this to happen?

Because republicans oppose regulations to prevent this.

And the next question is to ask THEM why? Which I shall do again in the coming week. They are, I am sure getting tired of hearing me on the phone and in the e-mails, but I can't let up, they just don't seem to want to listen, we bitch, they continue on 'doing'. This is why everyone regardless of which side your on, we must 'clean house' come election time and get people working for us and not themselves.

Why do we keep allowing this to happen?

Because republicans oppose regulations to prevent this.

And the next question is to ask THEM why? Which I shall do again in the coming week. They are, I am sure getting tired of hearing me on the phone and in the e-mails, but I can't let up, they just don't seem to want to listen, we bitch, they continue on 'doing'. This is why everyone regardless of which side your on, we must 'clean house' come election time and get people working for us and not themselves.

Why? I already explained why. Perhaps you missed it, so I will repeat

Regulations like that would cost McD money, which leads to them not being able to create as many jobs

Chinese jobs

Check out your whole house, closets and sheds, etc. Every thing is made in China, Taiwan, Korea or SEAsia somewhere. So moaning won't change a thing. Nor will 'poisoning' the kids.

Check out your whole house, closets and sheds, etc. Every thing is made in China, Taiwan, Korea or SEAsia somewhere. So moaning won't change a thing. Nor will 'poisoning' the kids.

Conservatives love it when the chinese poison american children and they object when people complain about it