Shovel ready projects

woodjack

Jul 1, 2009
Anchorage, Alaska
Oh geesh Obama finally admitted he "misspoke" about shovel ready projects. they never existed. Go figure, and some people actualy believed him. Obama is in way over his head and always has been. over 800 billion given to construction, now he is talking in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania about 50 billion more for roads and bridges, more construction.....umm Mr. President......most construction in those states are laying off now...not due to lack of money but BECAUSE IT IS THE EVE OF WINTER. Unless you have a plan for construction to begin in -10% wind chill and in white out conditions. Perhaps you should fire your speech writers or at least give these kinds of speeches in the south instead of the north. Not to mention your administration last year blaming the lack of job growth on the winter storms.....when 95% of the country was sunny. Or do you and your administration think that New York and DC and philly are the only places jobs can occur? and he had a harvard education.....Wow. Everything this guy has said i can shoot apart easy. And some people on here think he can fix or fixed the health care, heh heh. how much more can we all take before his supporters see him for what he is?

Damn.. and I know so many people in 2010 that wanted to revitalize the 3C's. I mean who doesn't want to be handed a shovel and told to go plant some trees?

shovel-ready.gif

What a bunch of liars we have here. Expected, of course, with braindead Conservatives.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/117xx/doc11706/08-24-ARRA.pdf

Estimating the law’s overall effects on employment requires a more comprehensive analysis than can be
achieved by using the recipients’ reports. Therefore, looking at recorded spending to date along with estimates of the other effects of ARRA on spending and revenues, CBO has estimated the law’s impact on employment and economic output using evidence about the effects of previous similar policies and drawing on various mathematical models that represent the workings of the economy. On that basis, CBO estimates that ARRA’s policies had the following effects in the second quarter
of calendar year 2010:

They raised real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product (GDP) by between 1.7 percent and 4.5 percent,B Lowered the unemployment rate by between
0.7 percentage points and 1.8 percentage points,

Increased the number of people employed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million, and Increased the number of full-time-equivalent jobs by 2.0 million to 4.8 million compared with what would have occurred otherwise (see Table 1). (Increases in FTE jobs include shifts from part-time to full-time
work or overtime and are thus generally larger than increases in the number of employed workers).

What a bunch of liars we have here. Expected, of course, with braindead Conservatives.

Estimating the law’s overall effects on employment requires a more comprehensive analysis than can be
achieved by using the recipients’ reports. Therefore, looking at recorded spending to date along with estimates of the other effects of ARRA on spending and revenues, CBO has estimated the law’s impact on employment and economic output using evidence about the effects of previous similar policies and drawing on various mathematical models that represent the workings of the economy. On that basis, CBO estimates that ARRA’s policies had the following effects in the second quarter
of calendar year 2010:

They raised real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product (GDP) by between 1.7 percent and 4.5 percent,B Lowered the unemployment rate by between

Increased the number of people employed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million, and Increased the number of full-time-equivalent jobs by 2.0 million to 4.8 million compared with what would have occurred otherwise (see Table 1). (Increases in FTE jobs include shifts from part-time to full-time
work or overtime and are thus generally larger than increases in the number of employed workers).

The projects 'self reported'. I'm sorry but I don't trust the figures. I know this might come as a shock to the left but.... people lie on those 'self reported' form.

Anyone who believes this shit is a fool.

The 54,000,000 unemployed will be elated at the great news. They'll undoubtedly share the elation with the 40,000,000+ on food stamps.

Last edited:
Well, if we put the Republicans back in this November, and in 2012, we can all experiance the Second Great Republican Depression.

We are already heading into a double dip. That is likely (although not definite) to happen no matter which party controls what.

Simple fact - they all played a part in the major fuck up that has happened. I would respect you if you were smart enough to understand that.

Obama is wrong about this. His administration has produced a great many "shovel ready", or more aptly
"shovel worthy" initiatives:

- The Stimulus
- ObamaCare
- The GM Bailout

To name just a few. The sooner we grab our shovels and bury these Obamanations, the better.

of calendar year 2010:

If all this was true......then what happens to the jobs when the stimulas money runs out? is it more like a bandaid to a wound that needs stiches? Ok Full time government jobs or contractor jobs? when the contract runs out so do the workers. and full time construction jobs in Michigan, New york, PA, Wisconsin, there are a host of states that only have part time jobs all of those are in construction and again they are all contractor jobs. This was not a good investment, if you want long term solutions. Full time jobs for only 4-6 months....its insane to think this will solve the woes of employment. so in essense 814 billion for 3.3 million jobs for what 3 years at best? This is the best they can do? and of course lay-offs in the northern states are going on this time of year. Is it Brain dead to think in terms of long term? Or do we just need to spend now and give "the best bang for our buck in food stamps"? What I am saying is none of this was well thought out and was reflexive and wrong. Even the President admitts it now, but you still do not........and you think I am brain dead.....geesh

Well, if we put the Republicans back in this November, and in 2012, we can all experiance the Second Great Republican Depression.

We are already heading into a double dip. That is likely (although not definite) to happen no matter which party controls what.

Simple fact - they all played a part in the major fuck up that has happened. I would respect you if you were smart enough to understand that.

We aren't just headed for a double dip, we are headed for Carteresque Stagflation.

The Fed is getting ready to further inflate the money supply, and they are talking up inflation as being necessary.

Excerpt from an excellent piece at American Spectator:

Based on the long standing history and rhythms of the American economy, we should have had a booming recovery by now. Even more so, since the deeper the recession the stronger the recovery. Real economic growth in the first 4 quarters of Reagan's recovery from the deep 1981-82 recession was a whopping 7.7%. Even the recovery under President Ford from the deep 1973-74 recession sported real economic growth of 6.2%.

But under President Obama we are already in another downward spiral, with real growth falling from 5% in the fourth quarter of 2009, to 3.7% in the first quarter of this year, to 1.7% in the second quarter.

Moreover, as the brilliant economist John Lott explained for FoxNews.com yesterday, the base unemployment rate has been stuck at least at 9.5% for 14 months now, over three full percentage points higher than the average unemployment rate during the recession. Since Obama became President, the U.S. unemployment rate has increased faster than 25 of 30 other major industrialized countries, as reported by the Economist.

As Lott summarizes, "For the last couple of years, President Obama keeps claiming that the recession was the worst economy since the Great Depression. But this is not correct. This is the worst 'recovery' since the Great Depression." The extended stagnation, high unemployment, and the troubling potential for a double dip recession is starting to look more like the Depression itself now.

The American Spectator : So Much Worse Than Carter

Oh geesh Obama finally admitted he "misspoke" about shovel ready projects. they never existed. Go figure, and some people actualy believed him. Obama is in way over his head and always has been. over 800 billion given to construction, now he is talking in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania about 50 billion more for roads and bridges, more construction.....umm Mr. President......most construction in those states are laying off now...not due to lack of money but BECAUSE IT IS THE EVE OF WINTER. Unless you have a plan for construction to begin in -10% wind chill and in white out conditions. Perhaps you should fire your speech writers or at least give these kinds of speeches in the south instead of the north. Not to mention your administration last year blaming the lack of job growth on the winter storms.....when 95% of the country was sunny. Or do you and your administration think that New York and DC and philly are the only places jobs can occur? and he had a harvard education.....Wow. Everything this guy has said i can shoot apart easy. And some people on here think he can fix or fixed the health care, heh heh. how much more can we all take before his supporters see him for what he is?

When it comes down to it, what're ready for the shovel are the seniors who are going to get the axe in their Medicare Advantage benefits; cut to pay for union benefits, and who know how and can attest to how America was P.O. (Pre Obama). They are expendable and are sure to get the shovel ready or not.

Last edited:
Oh geesh Obama finally admitted he "misspoke" about shovel ready projects. they never existed. Go figure, and some people actualy believed him. Obama is in way over his head and always has been.

So where is a reference. This sounds more like strawman you want to blow over. LOL!

over 800 billion given to construction, now he is talking in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania about 50 billion more for roads and bridges, more construction.....umm Mr. President......most construction in those states are laying off now...not due to lack of money but BECAUSE IT IS THE EVE OF WINTER. Unless you have a plan for construction to begin in -10% wind chill and in white out conditions.

What? The bums don't want to work? Sounds like you need some Alaskan construction workers to come down and grab the shovels for you.

Perhaps you should fire your speech writers or at least give these kinds of speeches in the south instead of the north. Not to mention your administration last year blaming the lack of job growth on the winter storms.....when 95% of the country was sunny.

Sounds like another strawman to blow over. Have a reference.

Or do you and your administration think that New York and DC and philly are the only places jobs can occur? and he had a harvard education.....Wow.

Obviously you don't, but then, he is president and you are shovel ready at AWE with a load of shit. LOL!

Everything this guy has said i can shoot apart easy. And some people on here think he can fix or fixed the health care, heh heh. how much more can we all take before his supporters see him for what he is?

All ya got is cap guns sonny, lot of bang, but no blast. Some think WMDs exist in Iraq, and it took 8 years of your support to prove you wrong. In spite of what you think about NHC, he did in 1 year what two presidents couldn't do in 16 years, so you are looking kind of stupid, which is OK, cause you never went to Harvard.

Last edited:
Obama unveils $50 billion infrastructure plan for US

SNOW JOB: Obama admin says winter blizzards will distort this Friday’s jobless figures. ruh oh | RedState

Obama admission inspires GOP - Scott Wong - POLITICO.com

And when did I mention Alaska? Geesh you guys start in on anyone who brings up any point you do not agree with! My whole point is that Obama comes up with plans and things without vetting them out, they are easily refuted, and had you watched any news you would know all the points I stated have been in the news recently. but here are a few links. And Republicans are just as much at fault, As to the WMD's with Bush....again you guys always bring that up...LOL I was over there at that time and yes I did have all of my gear ready by my side chem gear...not because of what Bush said but from the intel reports and the chem sniffers we had and the reports we forwarded up from what we found.....geesh I look at the stuff in front of me not what a politician says....

What's with the Dems and their "ow jobs"?

Clinton got blow jobs; Obama gives snow jobs.

Forum List

Back