Should There Be A Better Vetting Process For Presidents Since Obama Has Failed

I would like to see at least a job application and resume having to be submitted to be president of the USA.
And the documents would have to be accurate by law or you are out.

Why don't we make all politicians fill out a universal application like you would for any job. If at any time it has been found that they lied on the application they would be fired (removed from office) just like regular people are if they lie on an application. While we are at it they must submit DNA and undergo drug testing to check for criminal acitivity or drug usage. But I guess that is too much, many of our government employees don't have to even submit to drug testing unless there is cause.

It used to be Republicans ALWAYS supported slowing the growth of social security and cuts in Medicare and Medicaid.
Now they are just the opposite.
BOTH parties are the problem.

Lobbyists are the largest single problem.
Well them and the politicians who sell out to them thinking that that is the normal way for government to operate.

Look at all the failures he has had his first two years as a president supported by a democratic congress. Lets face it. The American people were duped by this guy who obviously wasn't properly vetted. How could a candidate promise so much and not deliver. What were his qualifications to make such promises and bring Hope & Change? Think about it folks. What kind of vetting process should we have for these candidates who want to bring prosperity for America and its citizens? Obama has proven that the vetting process doesn't work when selecting a president.

Obama has been a pretty good president.

Health care reform, Wall Street reform, the restoration of American prestige abroad, the return of science without political influence, the rescue of the American economy, and various foreign policy successes....all in all a pretty good record.

His only failure is he has been too soft on the Republican Party.

Yes, and the American peolpe are going to reward hiim on November 2, 2010 for his success. :cuckoo:

Why don't we make all politicians fill out a universal application like you would for any job. If at any time it has been found that they lied on the application they would be fired (removed from office) just like regular people are if they lie on an application. While we are at it they must submit DNA and undergo drug testing to check for criminal acitivity or drug usage. But I guess that is too much, many of our government employees don't have to even submit to drug testing unless there is cause.

That..would have possibly disqualified Bush. Probably the only president convicted of a crime prior to assuming office.

That..would have possibly disqualified Bush. Probably the only president convicted of a crime prior to assuming office.

How small a crime do we hold against a possible candidate? Some openly confess to smoking dope, does this eliminate them from being considered for office? Most of us have done illegal things (if you have not you are too good to be true) and only a few get caght or prosecuted. Is speeding a crime? If someone breaks the speed limit they break the law. I'm sure a lot of people don't see themselves as criminals but in the eye of the law they are. Right now someone convicted of robbery or murder can be elected president, not probable but possible in a convoluted way.

I don't believe there should be any vetting process other than making sure that the candidate meets the minimum constitutional requirements.

The issue is not that Obama ran for office. He has that right. The issue is the people who voted for him. How many of them really studied the issues? How many of them really scrutinized the promises he made? How many of them tried to distinguish pie-in-the-sky promises from realistic expectations?

And, at the risk of sounding racist, I think a major part of it was to put a Black man in office just to make history.

This is what it's all about. There's nothing wrong with the system; it's an example of what happens when people allow emotions rather than reason to drive their decisions. The country was tired of Bush (or believed it was tired of him!), and I think the votes fell into two major categories: put a Black man in office and vote for anyone who is NOT like Bush.

It's too easy to blame the media for that. I don't disagree that the news media prejudiced its coverage. But it all boils down to the person in the voting booth making a responsible decision.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Since the President has not failed the question is moot.

The real question should be "Have the pseudo-conservatives fooled enough Americans to return them to power?"
The president has failed. Look at his poll numbers and look at the economy. He was not fit for the job. He had no executive experience.

How long should it have taken to fix the economy? Since he's failed you must have some expert knowledge of how long a competent leader would have fixed the economy from the way it was when he took office. Please enlighten us.

Are you kidding? USArmyRetired can't even retread himself effectively. How's he gonna fix our economy....even Hitler took a while. I'm sure he can relate to that.

Look at all the failures he has had his first two years as a president supported by a democratic congress. Lets face it. The American people were duped by this guy who obviously wasn't properly vetted. How could a candidate promise so much and not deliver. What were his qualifications to make such promises and bring Hope & Change? Think about it folks. What kind of vetting process should we have for these candidates who want to bring prosperity for America and its citizens? Obama has proven that the vetting process doesn't work when selecting a president.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUH!!!! Bush and Obama were both completely sub par for the CIC/executive position.

DUH!

But your two party duopoly will ONLY foist upon us 4th rate talent, because they need to be beholden to the PARTY for support!

Otherwise they might get crazy and offer good ideas that challenge the partys' grip on power.

All we need is a press that actually does it's job. Instead of actively working to hide a candidates flaws and get him elected.

All we need is a press that actually does it's job. Instead of actively working to hide a candidates flaws and get him elected.

That's the Bushremorse speaking.

What is that suppose to mean? I was happy to see Bush go.

Are you saying the Liberal Press didn't give Obama a pass, and basically campaign for him?

Last edited:

Are you saying the Liberal Press didn't give Obama a pass, and basically campaign for him?

The press gave them both a pass and refused to dig up anything on either of em.

The press gave them both a pass and refused to dig up anything on either of em.

WHAT? lol please dude.

The liberal Press not only dug Shit up on Bush, they made shit up and tried to break it on the day before an election. You must have been asleep for both of those Elections because that is the most crazy thing I have ever heard anyone say.

Then Obama runs and the liberal Press gives him a total pass, dismisses any criticism of him, and almost openly campaigns for him.

Only Fox Gave Bush a pass, and only Fox dug anything up on Obama.

Last edited:
I don't believe there should be any vetting process other than making sure that the candidate meets the minimum constitutional requirements.

The issue is not that Obama ran for office. He has that right. The issue is the people who voted for him. How many of them really studied the issues? How many of them really scrutinized the promises he made? How many of them tried to distinguish pie-in-the-sky promises from realistic expectations?

And, at the risk of sounding racist, I think a major part of it was to put a Black man in office just to make history.

This is what it's all about. There's nothing wrong with the system; it's an example of what happens when people allow emotions rather than reason to drive their decisions. The country was tired of Bush (or believed it was tired of him!), and I think the votes fell into two major categories: put a Black man in office and vote for anyone who is NOT like Bush.

It's too easy to blame the media for that. I don't disagree that the news media prejudiced its coverage. But it all boils down to the person in the voting booth making a responsible decision.
Minimum Constitutional requirements? Why not the maximum?

You are an idiot. Obama has not succeeded in everything he has attempted because the NewGOP has faught him, stalled and obstructed everything he and the dems have proposed. The failure of the government is 100 per cent at the feet of the fundimentalist fascists. The economy is 100 percent the fault of the previous administration. Saying a lie a hundred times does not make it the truth fuckwit. Fortunately for our country the average American is not dishonest and stupid as you are. I agree with the poster that is more concerned with a military that would allow a moron like you to serve and carry a wweapon.

Forum List

Back