CDZ Should states be able to tell clinics what they must tell clients?

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2014
The Supreme Court this week overturned a California law which required anti-abortion pregnancy referral centers and clinics to tell clients specific information- noting that it violates free speech to compel anyone to make speech.

On the flip side- Texas and around 14 other states all require abortion clinics and other centers to tell clients specific things about pregnancy and abortion- i.e. compelled speech.

I happen to agree with the Supreme Court on their ruling this week- even though I thought California's law was well intentioned- states should not be able to compel speech.

And I think that applies to compelling speech by abortion providers also.

The Supreme Court this week overturned a California law which required anti-abortion pregnancy referral centers and clinics to tell clients specific information- noting that it violates free speech to compel anyone to make speech.

On the flip side- Texas and around 14 other states all require abortion clinics and other centers to tell clients specific things about pregnancy and abortion- i.e. compelled speech.

I happen to agree with the Supreme Court on their ruling this week- even though I thought California's law was well intentioned- states should not be able to compel speech.

Hospitals have compelled speech, it is called informed consent which I think applies to abortion clinics!

Hospitals have compelled speech, it is called informed consent which I think applies to abortion clinics!

How does this differ from the compelled speech that Supreme Court just said could not be compelled of anti-abortion clinics?

How the Supreme Court's First-Amendment Case Could Help Abortion Clinics

Because there are countless laws across the country that require abortion clinics to say things that they don't want to because they are irrelevant or outright lies – about the connection between abortion and breast cancer, that medical abortions can be reversed, that there are fake clinics the patient can go to free of charge and more – this case has broad implications not only for the pregnancy centers challenging the law but also for abortion clinics as well.

How does this differ from the compelled speech that Supreme Court just said could not be compelled of anti-abortion clinics?

Because there are countless laws across the country that require abortion clinics to say things that they don't want to because they are irrelevant or outright lies – about the connection between abortion and breast cancer, that medical abortions can be reversed, that there are fake clinics the patient can go to free of charge and more – this case has broad implications not only for the pregnancy centers challenging the law but also for abortion clinics as well.
Because anti abortion clinics aren’t taking life or doing invasive procedures!

If you know of any clinics anywhere taking lives or killing anyone- please report them to the police.

What are talking about are states that compel speech by physicians to their clinics- including requiring doctors to suggest to their patience that they consult with a member of the clergy.

Yes compelled speech includes requiring an doctor who is an atheist to recommend their patients to consult with clergy.

A State-by-State List of the Lies Abortion Doctors Are Forced to Tell Women

If you know of any clinics anywhere taking lives or killing anyone- please report them to the police.

What are talking about are states that compel speech by physicians to their clinics- including requiring doctors to suggest to their patience that they consult with a member of the clergy.

Yes compelled speech includes requiring an doctor who is an atheist to recommend their patients to consult with clergy.

What in the hell does the church have to do with medical practice? The church shouldnt be giving medical advice. Doctors shouldnt be forced to give non medical recommendations.

Abortion clinics take lives. We are up to about 60 million now!

If you know of any clinic killing anyone report them to the police immediately.

Roe v Wade makes it legal to kill the unborn. That is a child in there. A person. A someone. Now you can tell yourself all day that it isn’t or wasn’t but it is and was. 60 million someone’s.

Roe v Wade makes it legal to kill the unborn. That is a child in there. A person. A someone. Now you can tell yourself all day that it isn’t or wasn’t but it is and was. 60 million someone’s.

Roe v. Wade made it so states could not tell a woman that she could not control her own body. Didn't make killing anyone legal.

Roe v. Wade made it so states could not tell a woman that she could not control her own body. Didn't make killing anyone legal.
Sure it did! Abortion on demand is the law of the land. What dew ewe think you’re killing? Hamsters?

Sure it did! Abortion on demand is the law of the land. What dew ewe think you’re killing? Hamsters?

I am not killing anyone. But I leave you to your anti-abortion rant.

Your double standard on compelled speech just confirms the point of this thread.

I am not killing anyone. But I leave you to your anti-abortion rant.

Your double standard on compelled speech just confirms the point of this thread.
You asked, I gave a very rational reason. Not my fault you didn’t get what you were looking for.

Forum List

Back