Should man, who was duped into thinking he was dad have to pay child support?

The court in open sessions should enforce the mother in telling her sons who their real fathers may be.

As long as he was married to his wife, and living in the same home....her kids were his kids and he was responsible for the household....the kids know no other father than the man who acted and lived the part as their father....

Does this man now hate his kids that he reared so much that child support for them for a couple of years till they hit 18 is something outrageous... now that he knows that they are not biologically his? Really?

The whole situation does suck wind, but the two boys did nothing wrong....
Why is the guy being such a prick?
How could you not love kids you raised for 18 years?
So the guy is the prick? What about the mother and why should she get spousal support and the house till kids are 18.Why not guy get house and kids and should the real father not be on the hook? How about this for a question. I took an app for a mortage loan from a lady two years ago and she was collecting $20,000 in child support from four different doctors. Does she need 20k per month and for what? I would imagine he hates the wife. She ruined his life This guys net to debt was out rageouse. He has about fifty bucks a week to live on after spousal,child support and rent. I could not get him financed for his own place even with 700+ beacon and 6300 PER MONTH INCOME. Of course right wingers have no empathy till it is them that is getting F'ed.

A few years later they have a child. A short period after they have another child. Fast forward and the kids are 17 and 15. The man learns neither child is actually his. They divorce and she gets spousal support and child support even though the kids are not his.

Spousal support is limited usually to a time frame. How did he learn that neither child is his? Is his name still on their birth certificates?
Do not know how he found out. His name is on birth certificate. A DNA test was taken, what caused suspision I do not know! Does it realy matter? This is not an isolated incedence happens all over the US and Canada with varying details.

True, Courts have gone both ways. If he feels no affection for the children, beyond being a blood relative, the kids have already lost out.

As long as he was married to his wife, and living in the same home....her kids were his kids and he was responsible for the household....the kids know no other father than the man who acted and lived the part as their father....

Does this man now hate his kids that he reared so much that child support for them for a couple of years till they hit 18 is something outrageous... now that he knows that they are not biologically his? Really?

The whole situation does suck wind, but the two boys did nothing wrong....
Why is the guy being such a prick?
How could you not love kids you raised for 18 years?
So the guy is the prick? What about the mother and why should she get spousal support and the house till kids are 18.Why not guy get house and kids and should the real father not be on the hook? How about this for a question. I took an app for a mortage loan from a lady two years ago and she was collecting $20,000 in child support from four different doctors. Does she need 20k per month and for what? I would imagine he hates the wife. She ruined his life This guys net to debt was out rageouse. He has about fifty bucks a week to live on after spousal,child support and rent. I could not get him financed for his own place even with 700+ beacon and 6300 PER MONTH INCOME. Of course right wingers have no empathy till it is them that is getting F'ed.
The man has an obligation to his children

In return, he will receive lifelong support and affection from the children he raised

In my book, he is ahead of the game

What if the wife had denied him contact with the children he raised because he is not their blood father?

Some thoughts on this issue:
  • He raised two kids as his own (would you disown them for their mother's deceit? I'd probably sue for full custody and child support from the spouse);
  • As long as his name is on the BC, he is legally the father;
  • I'd assist the kids in finding the biological father or the fathers (long term health concerns need to be considered)
  • I'd make sure to notify the maternal grandparents, and get a picture of how they feel about these two kids and if they choose to stay in touch
  • I allow the kids to visit their mother, and meet the father(s), once all parties received full disclosure.

Then hold her in contempt of court with no visitation rights until she does remember.

"It was a one-night stand 15 years ago. It was a guy who went by Chuck...I forget his last name." You going to hire a mind reader?

Or she just makes something up, either naming someone who is dead, or putting someone ELSE through hell.

"It was a one-night stand 15 years ago. It was a guy who went by Chuck...I forget his last name." You going to hire a mind reader?

Or she just makes something up, either naming someone who is dead, or putting someone ELSE through hell.

I attended a conference years ago with a primary focus on fatherhood initiatives. A judge was there. She spoke for a good twenty minutes on how the county and the state had aggressively pursued child support and the impact this was making to keep children out of poverty. They were going to continue to identify dead beat parents and yada yada yada. There was a round of applause and mild cheers.

The next speaker stood up and looked at the crowd, smiled and said something to the effect of-- you guys know we are seeing our children every day, right? We aren't paying child support but we see them sometimes daily. We just can't afford the child support. So, don't think that for many there is no father involvement with the kids.

You could have heard a pin drop. The entire attitude shifted. The smile on this guy's face just faded when he realized that his audience clearly did not see this the same way as he did.

There are guys that play it too.

So a couple gets married A few years later they have a child. A short period after they have another child. Fast forward and the kids are 17 and 15. The man learns neither child is actually his. They divorce and she gets spousal support and child support even though the kids are not his. This poor shlep is now 55 years old, to old in his mind to have kids as at this point if he got some one pregnant today he would be 75 when they(the kid) turned twenty. He is not only robbed of all the years he could have had an actual family of his own, but is left with the realization that he will leave no blood heirs. Is this right ?

This isn't the only case where a man who isn't the biological father is forced by the court to pay child support. Even with a DNA test that proves he's not the father. Heck, a law in Michigan called the Paternity Act that forces a man to pay child support for kids that aren't his.

Texas: Man must pay massive child support bil for child that dna proves isn't his:
Court says Texas man must pay massive child support bill for child that DNA proves isn’t his

Michigan: Men outraged over paying child support for kids who are not theirs:
Men outraged over paying child support for kids who are not theirs

Michigan: Child Support Law Requires Man To Pay For Another Man’s Child:
Child Support Law Requires Man To Pay For Another Man's Child | HuffPost

Oklahoma: Man is forced to pay child support for baby his cheating wife conceived with her lover
Oklahoma man is forced to pay child support for baby his cheating wife conceived with her lover | Daily Mail Online

1.6M Men Pay Child Support For Kids That Aren't Theirs (DNA):
1.6M Men Pay Child Support For Kids That Aren't Theirs (DNA)

Too bad. If he has been the father up till now and wants out because he's a stupid moron, too late. The court puts the kids first, and the kids think he's the dad...it doesn't matter why they think that. If they think he's their dad and he has been behaving as their dad, he gets the responsibility of paying.

The court will probably recognize him as the 'father' for legal records.

If he has worked to have a good relationship with 'his' children, matters should work out.

The fairness of the issue is something else, of course.

We had a similar matter happen at Crown Colony, and the wives there made sure that the woman had no social life whatsoever in a community where she had once been a valued member. She and her new husband sold out and moved within a year.
Should laws not be fair and just? Shouldn't the wife be forced to devulge real fathers name? Should real father not be liable for all the years with no support. With a good percentager of that support going to the guy that actually paid. Wife having to move in my mind is not enough of a penalty. She moves and problem solved. The poor 55 year old guy also is not living in his former home of oer twenty years.
Yes the biological Father’s should be made to pay child support.

Too bad. If he has been the father up till now and wants out because he's a stupid moron, too late. The court puts the kids first, and the kids think he's the dad...it doesn't matter why they think that. If they think he's their dad and he has been behaving as their dad, he gets the responsibility of paying.
At this point, he should consider skipping the country.

There are a lot of 'fathers' out there hugging children that aren't theirs. That's just the way things have always worked.

BlackParentsWhiteBaby.jpg

Forum List

Back