Should illegal aliens be deported?

Should illegal aliens be deported?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think all of them without exception should be deported

Funny how "neither" party is willing to take on your "job creator" class over this.

I dotn mind seeing illegals get deported. If our shitty establishment wanted to ACTUALLY fix it, there would be no need. They would leave on their own. But America isn't known for combating causes, just applying bandaids.

I think they should be deported. What about you?

For the most part, I would say yes but I could not give this an unqualified blanket yes as your poll options would require.

The kid who was brought here as a child, has no family here or anywhere else, no country really to go home to, should probably receive a congressional exemption of some sort--be allowed to stay with green card status and be allowed to apply for citizenship but has to get in the queue with everybody else applying for citizenship here.

There are possibly other hardship cases that would merit a congressional exemption but that should be on a case by case basis.

Those with clean arrest records and are running their own legitimate businesses or who have good jobs, etc., if their employer is willing to accommodate them, should be required to go home and apply for a green card so they can come back legally. They would then be eligible to enter the queue for citizenship status.

Those with criminal records or who have no job should be granted a very short amnesty to gather their belongings and go home. Those refusing to do so would acquire felony status and would be arrested, deported, and forever denied travel or work visas to return and would not be eligible for citizenship status.

There would be a very short, say 30 day, amnesty period to allow everybody to make arrangements to go home. Those who do so voluntarily can apply for travel or work visas. Those we have to deport, would never be eligible for travel or work visas.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mandatorily deport those that arrived here as children with their parents, when they had no choice in the matter. Otherwise they should be deported although I believe something more needs to done to get the message through to repeat offenders. Some of the ones committing the most serious crimes were previously deported multiple times, 5 and 8 times in a couple of cases.

For the most part, I would say yes but I could not give this an unqualified blanket yes as your poll options would require.

The kid who was brought here as a child, has no family here or anywhere else, no country really to go home to, should probably receive a congressional exemption of some sort--be allowed to stay with green card status and be allowed to apply for citizenship but has to get in the queue with everybody else applying for citizenship here.

There are possibly other hardship cases that would merit a congressional exemption but that should be on a case by case basis.

Those with clean arrest records and are running their own legitimate businesses or who have good jobs, etc., if their employer is willing to accommodate them, should be required to go home and apply for a green card so they can come back legally. They would then be eligible to enter the queue for citizenship status.

Those with criminal records or who have no job should be granted a very short amnesty to gather their belongings and go home. Those refusing to do so would acquire felony status and would be arrested, deported, and forever denied travel or work visas to return and would not be eligible for citizenship status.

There would be a very short, say 30 day, amnesty period to allow everybody to make arrangements to go home. Those who do so voluntarily can apply for travel or work visas. Those we have to deport, would never be eligible for travel or work visas.

I agree with some of your post but not all of it.

The kid who was brought here as a child, ***seems hard to prove it. too much court. time consuming? They will all say that. Then ........... do mom and dad get to stay? uncle hector is old, has no where to go. on and on. it never ends. What if they have an anchor baby sister?

if their employer is willing to accommodate them, should be required to go home and apply for a green card so they can come back legally. ***somebody making $15/hr living in CHI or NYC does have money or time to go back to Mexico. Who is going to keep the APT/HOUSE going? Kids in school? whatever? Maybe someone in LA could drive down to Mexico but stay where? how long? All is very messy.

if it was easy...........keep the good ones, get rid of the bad. But, it is not easy. You probably have a lot of "good ones" who have brought in entire relative streams. All old and living with them. It is very messy.

Last edited:
Those who are breaking other laws here, yes. The rest? Give them a green card so they can pay taxes and shut you up.
They all broke the law when they came here illegally. Giving them green cards would be a reward for breaking our laws. There are millions of poor people south of the border who want to come here, but do not break our laws to get here, so the ones who are here illegally are less law abiding than most of their countrymen(women). How about we throw these illegals who have demonstrated no respect for our laws and our country out and replace them with law abiding citizens of their home countries?

Wait a minute! That's exactly what President Trump wants to do.

---------------------------------------------------- problem with hardship exemptions is that all they do is make for more hardship exceptions . Pretty soon all ilegals are crying about Hardship and looking for exemptions , deport them all , imo Foxfire .

I think one's answer depends on whether one views illegal immigrant deportation as a law enforcement or economics matter.

I happen to see the matter as an economic one, and I concur with conservative economist George Borjas' analysis. Accordingly, I think some of them should be deported, but I don't see there being any material gains militating for using U.S. resources to actively round up all or most of them and send them packing.

Forum List

Back