Should Governments rescind the Noble Lie of religions?

Russia tried it and failed. The Russian Orthodox Church today is stronger than it was pre-communism. China did it. But Christianity is the fastest growing religion in China.

Personally I would dearly love to see obama declare religion illegal and an official statement that religion is a lie.

I would just be happy if they paid their fair share of taxes.

They should be declared what they are though, but most politicians do not have the balls or the support of those they would protect. Truth is not an option to them.

Strange that religions, scams to enrich themselves at the cost of the gullible and dumbest could not continue their abuse without help from their own government.

Regards
DL
You are obviously among the dumbest and the gullible, do you feel abused?

BTW, the simple fact that you believe something, does not make that something the truth.

What we have here is a failure to comprehend that your opinion is just that, your opinion.

Typical Christian reply.
Just as worthless as your genocidal son murdering God.

Regards
DL

These lies were and are given to insure social harmony in an uneducated and gullible population. Our Governments lie and allow liars to lie to us of the supernatural, fantasy and magic.
Actually many great minds have embraced theism. They perceive design in the universe, and design means a Designer.

50 Nobel Laureates and Other Great Scientists Who Believe in God

What is the “fine-tuning” of the universe, and how does it serve as a “pointer to God”?

Governments learned a long ago that religions were a good tool to use for social manipulation and control. Governments allowed and encouraged belief in fantasy, miracles and magic, the opium of the masses, and have lived with the drugged up population and religions.
Actually religious people have been among our greatest reformers.

A History of Liberty

A Few Declarations of Founding Fathers and Early Statesmen on Jesus, Christianity, and the Bible

Christians have opposed gladitorial combat: Telemachus: The Monk Who Ended the Coliseum Games

fought slavery: The Abolitionists
Despised and often attacked, they courageously carried the slaves' cause for thirty years. Why have these inescapably Christian men and women been forgotten?

William Wilberforce

demanded rights for Native Americans: Theodore Frelinghuysen

fought discrimination: Southern Christian Leadership Conference

supported rights for women: Woman's Christian Temperance Union

called for peace during World War I: Pope Benedict XV's Peace Note of 1 August 1917

combated the Nazis: Christian Opposition to Nazi Anti-Semitism

combated Communism: Emotional Walesa Thanks Pope For His Support Of Solidarity

Remembering Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

fought for human rights in East Timor: 2 accept Nobel Peace Prize for East Timor work

called for peace in the Mideast: Time to move on Mideast peace
Desmond Tutu and Jimmy Carter reflect on the stalled efforts to achieve peace in the Middle East in USA Today.

opposed infanticide/abortion: Priests for Life

Christians have opposed gladitorial combat: Telemachus: The Monk Who Ended the Coliseum Games

fought slavery: The Abolitionists
Despised and often attacked, they courageously carried the slaves' cause for thirty years. Why have these inescapably Christian men and women been forgotten?

William Wilberforce

demanded rights for Native Americans: Theodore Frelinghuysen

fought discrimination: Southern Christian Leadership Conference

supported rights for women: Woman's Christian Temperance Union

called for peace during World War I: Pope Benedict XV's Peace Note of 1 August 1917

combated the Nazis: Christian Opposition to Nazi Anti-Semitism

combated Communism: Emotional Walesa Thanks Pope For His Support Of Solidarity

Remembering Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

fought for human rights in East Timor: 2 accept Nobel Peace Prize for East Timor work

called for peace in the Mideast: Time to move on Mideast peace
Desmond Tutu and Jimmy Carter reflect on the stalled efforts to achieve peace in the Middle East in USA Today.

opposed infanticide/abortion: Priests for Life

Irrelevant. Christianity and Christians must be destroyed.

/sarcasm

[

This can only come from a person who has no comprehension of what they speak.

I really feel sorry for you.

Yet you do not correct or refute.
Showing that you cannot.
Continue to live your lie.

Regards
DL

Correct or refute? I don't have the patience or the inclination to try and educate you. You demonstrate your hate of Christianity clearly enough to show us that God Himself could refute you and it would not sink in through your concrete faith in secular humanism.

You have a religion, even if you don't realize it.

Your religion is your atheism.

[

This can only come from a person who has no comprehension of what they speak.

I really feel sorry for you.

Showing that you cannot.

Regards
DL

Correct or refute? I don't have the patience or the inclination to try and educate you. You demonstrate your hate of Christianity clearly enough to show us that God Himself could refute you and it would not sink in through your concrete faith in secular humanism.

I am not an atheist. It is just that the Godhead I know has morals where your God does not.

I do not hate Christians either. Just their morals.

Embracing hunan sacrifice and the notion that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty are completely immoral tenets.

Keep believeing that though. Satan will like to see you arrive.

He will ask, how was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?
You will answer yes and he will take you in.

Regards
DL

Showing that you cannot.

Regards
DL

I am not an atheist. It is just that the Godhead I know has morals where your God does not.

Embracing hunan sacrifice and the notion that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty are completely immoral tenets.

Regards
DL

Please tell me more about this Godhead of yours.

The 10 Commandments are immoral?

What human sacrifice are you referring to?

Which innocents are being punished?

Regards
DL

Please tell me more about this Godhead of yours

The Godhead I know in a nutshell.
I was a skeptic till the age of 39.
I then had an apotheosis and later branded myself a Gnostic Christian naturalist.
Gnostic Christian because I exemplify this quote from William Blake.

“Both read the Bible day and night, But thou read'st black where I read white.”

This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, what Christians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of O T God where literal Christians will see God’s killing as good. Christians are sheeple where Gnostic Christians are goats.
This is perhaps why we see the use of a Jesus scapegoat as immoral, while theists like to make Jesus their beast of burden. An immoral position.

During my apotheosis, something that only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, the only things of note to happen was that my paradigm of reality was confirmed and I was chastised to think more demographically. What I found was what I call a cosmic consciousness. Not a new term but one that is a close but not exact fit.

I recognize that I have no proof. That is always the way with apotheosis.
This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness.

The cosmic consciousness is not a miracle working God. He does not interfere with us save when one of us finds it. Not a common thing from what I can see. It is a part of nature and our next evolutionary step.

I tend to have more in common with atheists who ignore what they see as my delusion because our morals are basically identical. Theist tend not to like me much as I have no respect for literalists and fundamentals and think that most Christians have tribal mentalities and poor morals.

I am rather between a rock and a hard place but this I cannot help.

I am happy to be questioned on what I believe but whether or not God exists is basically irrelevant to this world for all that he does not do, and I prefer to thrash out moral issues that can actually find an end point. The search for God is never ending when you are of the Gnostic persuasion. My apotheosis basically says that I am to discard whatever God I found, God as a set of rules that is, not idol worship it but instead, raise my bar and seek further.

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration or obedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and is the supreme being.

The 10 Commandments are immoral?

Meet me here on this issue please.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/246329-like-it-or-not-god-is-immoral.html

What human sacrifice are you referring to?

Mainly Jesus' vicarious redemption at the request of God who put a bounty on his own son when there was no need to. There were others though.

Which innocents are being punished?

Was Jesus guity of anything when God planned his murder?

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYIIR3g&feature=related]Women Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dspWh9g3hU&feature=related]Women Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0RFxXrYzg&feature=related]Holy Bible - Epic Fail - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back