Should electors have the power to recall the elected?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I don't know if anyone remembers the electoral college in this country. It is hardly thought of anymore as anything important but at one time they were considered important. It takes a lot of time, money, and manpower to recall an elected official by direct vote so why not give electors the power to remove those they elected. WHenever people start to hate on their elected official they can just demand their electors remove them from office. It would be a lot easier than getting signatures on a ballot.

I don't know if anyone remembers the electoral college in this country. It is hardly thought of anymore as anything important but at one time they were considered important. It takes a lot of time, money, and manpower to recall an elected official by direct vote so why not give electors the power to remove those they elected. WHenever people start to hate on their elected official they can just demand their electors remove them from office. It would be a lot easier than getting signatures on a ballot.

I was told Grand Jury systems might be the most expedient way to check govt to this effect.

If I were going to set up a system to review complaints and grievances:
1. for prevention by resolving conflicts in advance
I'd recommend some system of representing citizens by party
where all parties review conflicts and propose solutions to either
pass policies by agreement or agree to keep them private out of govt. and/or
agreeing to separate funding or policies, if conflicting beliefs cannot be resolved

2. for corrections
I'd recommend a system modelled after OSHA and issuing notices
and hearings to address "noncompliance" with public codes

3. for restitution for debts and damages caused by govt abuses
I'd recommend a system modelled after the Federal Reserve
and issuing credits to reimburse taxpayers per incident.
These credits can then be applied to finance the work
needed for restoration, correction, replacement or reform.

Last edited:

I was told Grand Jury systems might be the most expedient way to check govt to this effect.

If I were going to set up a system to review complaints and grievances:
1. for prevention by resolving conflicts in advance
I'd recommend some system of representing citizens by party
where all parties review conflicts and propose solutions to either
pass policies by agreement or agree to keep them private out of govt. and/or
agreeing to separate funding or policies, if conflicting beliefs cannot be resolved

2. for corrections
I'd recommend a system modelled after OSHA and issuing notices
and hearings to address "noncompliance" with public codes

3. for restitution for debts and damages caused by govt abuses
I'd recommend a system modelled after the Federal Reserve
and issuing credits to reimburse taxpayers per incident.
These credits can then be applied to finance the work
needed for restoration, correction, replacement or reform.

Great idea. Now, all you have to do is convince enough people to amend the constitution to add all that to it. A firmly worded Letter to the Editor of your local paper will put you well on your way to success. Let me know when you get that done.

Forum List

Back