Shopnav.com

Jeff you have spyware in your computer. First thing to do is to go to www.lavasoft.de and download and run Ad-aware, it will remove almost all of the spyware. No single product can get it all out, in fact some spyware must be removed by hand because of the internal workings of windows. Do that first and let me know. I can give you directions of how to remove anything else, if you just answer a few of my questions. In fact soon I am going to write an article for all to use on exactly what is it, how it gets in your computer, and how you can remove it no matter how stubborn it is !

As far as earthlink, do you get booted while working or when the computer is dormant for a little while ?

Eric,

I'll try to download the adaware. Earthlink boots me off both when I'm dormant and when I'm active... in fact, about six times in the last two hours.

Unfortunately, yes. Though I have been using Earthlink Total Access for the last hour or so without getting booted.

Update on the situation.

I installed Ad-aware and destroyed 53 files on my computer. That was AWESOME!!!! I have only recelved one pop-up since being online for 1 1/2 hours, haven't been booted, and my internet speed is about twice as fast (from really pathetically slow to pretty slow).

Haven't been booted so I don't know if Ad-aware has solved the shopanv problem. Will advise.

Great Jeff,

The most likely reason you were getting kicked off was that a lot of spyware install themselves in the LSP Chain in Windows. This can cause slow online speeds, crashes, redirections, dropoffs and a host of other fun problems.

Forum List

Back