Shooting at muslim cartoon event?

yep , those poor [assumed] jihadi attackers , they have to put up with a 'free speech' event hosted by the good lady Pam Geller ehh ?? I'm interested in hearing what Texan Gov. Gregg Abbot thinks so I can compare his words to what mrobama has to say 'pogo' !!

Two suspects were killed and a security guard was shot outside a "Draw Muhammad" contest in Garland, Texas, police told NBC News.

Police initially said a police officer was shot, but they later revised that to identify the victim as a security guard. The event was heavily policed with up to 40 extra officers assigned at a cost of $10,000 to the organizers, according to published reports.

advertisement
The contest was described as a "free speech" event by its sponsor, the American Freedom Defense Initiative. It offered a $10,000 top prize and featured Dutch politician Geert Wilders, who is known for his anti-Muslim views, as its speaker.

The shooting began about 7 p.m., around the time the event was finishing up.

"Right when we were beginning to drive away, we heard gunshots," Cynthia Belisle, who attended the event with a friend, told NBC News. "We thought they were fireworks, but they were not."

Belisle said that dozens of cops sprang into action and that she was told to stay put.

She said she heard a second round of shooting and saw police rushing toward the far end of the parking lot with arms drawn.

"We were scared," she said.

Garland police spokesman Joe Harn said that the area was evacuated and that participants were being taken away from the scene on buses.

advertisement
A bomb squad robot was checking on a suspicious car Sunday night, he said.

The arena, owned by the Garland school district, hosted a "Stand WIth the Prophet" event in January. It held that event as well as the "Draw Muhammad" event because it has a non-discriminatory policy, according to The Dallas Morning News.

Two Suspects Killed Guard Shot Draw Muhammad Contest in Texas - NBC News

am I nuts or are the perps laying dead by their car in the dirt...and no one is pointing that out. What, they don't think we can handle it? I'm watching Fox...

Sounds like they planned poorly.
Yea, who the fuck let Muslims into the country to begin with?
The Founders, among others.
BS, the founders didn't let in any fucking hajjis, and if they did, well, no one's perfect. I bet, most likely these shooters are fresh off the magic carpet immigrants. Possibly basketball americans, or some autistic white faggots that want to LARP as ISIS, but those are less likely.

If America didn't allow Muslims in, instances like this could be avoided.

I feel for the security officer who was injured. I'm glad he wasn't killed, and I hope his wounds heal quickly.

But there is good to be had from this incident, too.

Two hate-filled, fanatical gunmen are dead. They had pulled out guns and started shooting at innocent people (however poorly). People who do that SHOULD be dead. Society and freedom are definitely better off now.

And... a contest for the best cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad?

Now THAT I like. It's never a bad thing to tell thin-skinned nutcases that their nuttiness is not shared by normal people, and that if they don't like it they can always leave, because no one else gives a rat's ass what unimportant thing they are "offended" by.

Classic Texas reaction, and it was very well done.

Finally, the article describes it as "a provocative contest". Nonsense. It was no more "provocative" than a contest for the best cartoon of Barack Obama or Ronald Reagan, or Donald Duck. The only "provoking" here, was not done by the contest. It was done by a few insane nutcases who are now DEAD.

Problem solved.

So, when's the next cartoon-of-Mohammed contest? The show must go on! :up: :up:

-------------------------------------------------------

City 2 gunmen killed outside Muhammad cartoon contest - Yahoo News

City: 2 gunmen killed outside Muhammad cartoon contest

Associated Press
7 minutes ago

GARLAND, Texas (AP) — Two armed men who opened fire on a security officer outside of a provocative contest for cartoons depictions of the Prophet Muhammad have been killed, authorities in the Dallas suburb of Garland said Sunday night.

The City of Garland said in a statement posted on its Facebook page Sunday night that two men drove up to the Curtis Culwell Center and began shooting at a security officer.

Garland Police Department officers engaged the gunmen, who were both shot and killed, the statement said.

The statement did not say whether the shooting was related to the event. The security officer's injuries were not life-threatening, the city said.

The gunmen's vehicle may contain an "incendiary device," according to the statement. A bomb squad was on the scene, and nearby businesses were evacuated.

The New York-based American Freedom Defense Initiative had been hosting a contest at the center that would award $10,000 for the best cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad.

Sounds like they planned poorly.
Yea, who the fuck let Muslims into the country to begin with?
The Founders, among others.
BS, the founders didn't let in any fucking hajjis, and if they did, well, no one's perfect. I bet, most likely these shooters are fresh off the magic carpet immigrants. Possibly basketball americans, or some autistic white faggots that want to LARP as ISIS, but those are less likely.

If America didn't allow Muslims in, instances like this could be avoided.
Help for you: American Muslim History

Forum List

Back