shocking things your vet has said?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
so little buddy boy is limping..right back leg...buddy boy is of questionable heritage but we figure he is mostly corgi..he has the twisted front legs and does the frog leg thing

so i call my vet...who is just overran with the summer people and their pets...vets says ..cant see him today...how bad is it....i admit i dont really know it can be anything from a bee sting to a sprain.....vet says...it could be the knee....i am like...o dont curse me with a broke knee (just pricey) and then my vets says...."he was born to be cripple"

wth? i had to laugh....i understood what was being said...but no buddy wont be crippled....

Moki was turning into a porker so I tried a diet...which did nt thrill him. So we decided to feed them 3 times a day (all the dogs), in smaller portions. The weight dropped off all of them They get a cup of dried food in the morning...with Moki getting about half a cup. I give them a marshmellow as a snack a few hours later. Maybe a piece of american cheese. At 2pm, they get another cup, a few hours later another piece of cheese (one slice, cut in three strips). At 8pm, the last meal. No more snacks until Gracie needs her pill...which I stuff in a marshmello. Moki weighed 40 lbs when I started this. He now weighs about 32 lbs. Gracie and Karma dropped from 80 lbs each to 65 and 68. They don't go hungry, yet have good weight now. Poor karma is showing signs of hip displacia :(. Gracie has not had a seizure since last october, thank God. Moki is his normal grumpy self.

btw..moki is a rat terrier. He was nt supposed to get over 20 lbs. He's a sturdy little bugger.

2v1ubcw.jpg

Moki

Forum List

Back