Shiva-Shivo: A Consumerism Dramatization

Sep 22, 2013
This is a hypothetical dialogue between Shiva (Hindu god of destruction) and an 'evil Shiva' named Shivo who serves as a 'Devil's Advocate' figure (for argumentative purposes only).

The dialogue concerns the sociological and logistical 'parameters' of consumerism philosophy.

I will promise myself to feel more 'cheerful/imaginative' about TrumpUSA.

Cheers!

====

SHIVA: The secret to happiness is contemplation of eternity and security!
SHIVO: Without meditation on darkness, chaos, and madness, there is no intelligence...
SHIVA: Are we talking about 'good versus evil,' Shivo?
SHIVO: No, Lord Shiva, I'm referring to the 'concept' of the reality of an eternal duality!
SHIVA: Oh, like a Yin-Yang --- one half light, the other darkness, with elements of both in either...
SHIVO: Precisely. Is that so different from capitalism (e.g., Wall Street vs. eTrade)?
SHIVA: You're referring to macro-commerce institutions (Wall Street) and privatized trust (eTrade)?
SHIVO: Correct. The desire to trade discreetly and conveniently (eTrade) suggests commerce is daunting.
SHIVA: Adam Smith (economist/philosopher) suggested that the wealth of nations creates contract conditions.
SHIVO: Contracts are only made sturdy by constant negotiation.
SHIVA: Personal biases are irrelevant in discussions about shared profitability!
SHIVO: Perhaps that's true, but individual perspectives contribute to the evaluation of trade landscapes...
SHIVA: I agree with you, but what about when stockbrokers learn from each other?
SHIVO: You're referring to Wall Street 'enlightenment' themed entertainment (e.g., Trading Places)?
SHIVA: What's wrong with the capitalism calligraphy of 'TrumpUSA'?
SHIVO: If Americans want to celebrate negotiation-presentations (e.g., The People's Court), that's sane.
SHIVA: I think we should consider 'hyping' civilization-ambition video-games such as SimCity and Monopoly.
SHIVO: Trump should coordinate 'consumerism arenas' (e.g., G7 Summit) and avoid Sunni-Shia bargaining!

====

{Shiva & Shivo}

darknessA.jpg

Forum List

Back