Shielded From Justice: The High Cost Of Living In A Police State...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
America now has the highest incarceration rate in the World. Yes, even higher than oppressive nations like China, North Korea, and Saudi Arabia. Why such an aggressive charge to lock Citizens up?

By John W. Whitehead
October 14, 2014

“It’s been over five months since the night a SWAT team broke into the house in which we were staying…We were staying with relatives and my whole family was sleeping in one room. My husband and I, our three daughters and our baby (nicknamed “Baby Bou Bou”) in his crib. Dressed like soldiers, they broke down the door. The SWAT officers tossed a flashbang grenade into the room. It landed in Baby Bou Bou’s crib, blowing a hole in his face and chest that took months to heal and covering his entire body with scars…

“Doctors tell us that my son will have to have double reconstructive surgeries twice a year, every year for the next 20 years… n five short months our family has taken on nearly $900,000 in medical bills, some of which have now gone into collections… After initially offering to cover the medical expenses, the county has since refused to cover any of our medical costs, all of which would never have happened if the SWAT team hadn’t broken into the home.”—Alecia Phonesavanh

Who pays the price for the police shootings that leave unarmed citizens dead or injured, for the SWAT team raids that leave doors splintered, homes trashed, pets murdered, and family members traumatized and injured, if not dead?

I’m not just talking about the price that must be paid in hard-earned dollars, whether by taxpayers or the victims, in attempting to restore what was vandalized and broken by police. It’s also the things that can’t be so easily calculated to a decimal point: the broken bones that will never quite heal right, the children’s nightmares at night, the uneasy sleep, the broken family heirlooms, the loss of faith in a system that was supposed to serve and protect you, the grief for loved ones whose lives were cut short...

Read More:
The Rutherford Institute Shielded from Justice The High Cost of Living in a Police State

Why such an aggressive charge to lock Citizens up?

Because the brothers and thugs just cant behave

It has to be more than that. The numbers are too high. The American Government is locking its Citizens up at record levels.

Put to death all of them that have it coming and we would reduce the bottom line significantly.

This is a heartbreaking story. It's happening too often in our country. We have to change the mentality of our Police Force. We have to end this rabid rush to lock Citizens up.

Gotta love the progressive war started by Reagan...

A lot of it does have to do with the 'War on Drugs.' And Reagan was big on pushing that. But the Militarization of our Police Force and becoming a Prison State, is a process that's been going on for a long time. It spans many Administrations, both Republican and Democrat.

A lot of it does have to do with the 'War on Drugs.' And Reagan was big on pushing that. But the Militarization of our Police Force and becoming a Prison State, is a process that's been going on for a long time. It spans many Administrations, both Republican and Democrat.
Yes, I hated it when Clinton was pushing his million man police force, and then gave direct support to the police depts so they could fund the expansion...the militarization was again a move to increase the power of the police state and laws were passed making it almost impossible to charge and convict cops of wrongdoing...

Yes, I hated it when Clinton was pushing his million man police force, and then gave direct support to the police depts so they could fund the expansion...the militarization was again a move to increase the power of the police state and laws were passed making it almost impossible to charge and convict cops of wrongdoing...

Excellent observation. Yeah, we now have the highest incarceration rate per capita in the World. Our Prisons are full of people who don't belong in a cage. And the 'War on Drugs' is a big reason for that.

It has to be more than that. The numbers are too high. The American Government is locking its Citizens up at record levels.
It's big business. Prison for profit. The corporations that build and run these places want to make sure every cot is filled at the end of the day, and they pay off the judges and politicians to send business their way.

Judge Sentenced for Selling Kids into For-Profit Prison

"America now has the highest incarceration rate in the World. Yes, even higher than oppressive nations like China, North Korea, and Saudi Arabia. Why such an aggressive charge to lock Citizens up?"

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

'“It’s been over five months since the night a SWAT team broke into the house in which we were staying…'

This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy: isolated, anecdotal incidents aren't representative of society as a whole.

There is no 'police state,' the notion is ignorant idiocy and fear-mongering.

Put to death all of them that have it coming and we would reduce the bottom line significantly.

We can start with the entire SWAT team that mutilated a sleeping baby! How many crosses do I need for all of them?

Well ... I did say ANYONE who has it coming. If a member of a swat team murders a child in cold blood then he/she deserves the death penalty. The same goes for anyone claiming to be a "doctor" who willingly murders a woman's unborn child for no reason other than to "cash in."

America now has the highest incarceration rate in the World. Yes, even higher than oppressive nations like China, North Korea, and Saudi Arabia. Why such an aggressive charge to lock Citizens up?

By John W. Whitehead
October 14, 2014

“It’s been over five months since the night a SWAT team broke into the house in which we were staying…We were staying with relatives and my whole family was sleeping in one room. My husband and I, our three daughters and our baby (nicknamed “Baby Bou Bou”) in his crib. Dressed like soldiers, they broke down the door. The SWAT officers tossed a flashbang grenade into the room. It landed in Baby Bou Bou’s crib, blowing a hole in his face and chest that took months to heal and covering his entire body with scars…

“Doctors tell us that my son will have to have double reconstructive surgeries twice a year, every year for the next 20 years… n five short months our family has taken on nearly $900,000 in medical bills, some of which have now gone into collections… After initially offering to cover the medical expenses, the county has since refused to cover any of our medical costs, all of which would never have happened if the SWAT team hadn’t broken into the home.”—Alecia Phonesavanh

Who pays the price for the police shootings that leave unarmed citizens dead or injured, for the SWAT team raids that leave doors splintered, homes trashed, pets murdered, and family members traumatized and injured, if not dead?

I’m not just talking about the price that must be paid in hard-earned dollars, whether by taxpayers or the victims, in attempting to restore what was vandalized and broken by police. It’s also the things that can’t be so easily calculated to a decimal point: the broken bones that will never quite heal right, the children’s nightmares at night, the uneasy sleep, the broken family heirlooms, the loss of faith in a system that was supposed to serve and protect you, the grief for loved ones whose lives were cut short...

Read More:
The Rutherford Institute Shielded from Justice The High Cost of Living in a Police State
Gotta ask. Because this appears to be very serious incident and if one takes this story at face value, an example of gross police misconduct, why did this not hit the major news outlets?
I am not implying anything. Nor am I making a statement. Just answer the question.

-There are more criminals.
-Evidence gathering has become more sophisticated and more efficient. Charges brought can be better sustained because of better more provable evidence.
-District attorneys/Prosecutors/Solicitors are demanding more solid evidence before allowing investigators to make arrests
-There are now more guilty suspects than innocent.
Any one of these factors or a combination of several, or other factors can contribute to higher rates of conviction.
One thing is for sure, the people in general are SICK and tired of crime in their communities and are holding law enforcement and the courts to do their jobs. Which is to prosecute, try and convict ( the guilty) criminals.

"militarization of the police"
Yes the new "Cause".....
Next thing we know the politically correct will have the cops only weapon be harsh language.

We can start with the entire SWAT team that mutilated a sleeping baby! How many crosses do I need for all of them?

Yeah, this was a horrifying injustice. Personally, i don't want our Police raiding homes anymore over Drugs. I don't fear Drugs. But i do fear brutal Gestapo tactics like this. I'd rather see the People be allowed to have their drugs. I don't view the act of getting high as a criminal act.

By John W. Whitehead
October 14, 2014

Read More:
Gotta ask. Because this appears to be very serious incident and if one takes this story at face value, an example of gross police misconduct, why did this not hit the major news outlets?
I am not implying anything. Nor am I making a statement. Just answer the question.

Sadly, awful incidents like this have become commonplace. Too many to all make the News.

"militarization of the police"
Yes the new "Cause".....
Next thing we know the politically correct will have the cops only weapon be harsh language.

It's out of control. It's time to scale it back. Stop raiding Citizens' homes over Drugs. That would be one big step towards fixing that particular problem. I'd rather see people have their drugs than see brutal Gestapo tactics like this. I don't want to see anymore babies shot in the face for nothing.

Forum List

Back