Sheldon Whitehouse On Stacking Courts With Dark Money

The Senator from RI lets it out on who has been stacking the courts.
The justice nominee is an example on this.
Sure, she will get the nod and yes she will get rammed through but what you get is all done and paid for.

"Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) laid out a vast right-wing conspiracy to stack the courts to benefit a handful of billionaires.
The Rhode Island Democrat showed how the deeply conservative Federalist Society, Judicial Crisis Network and Donors Trust spent hundreds of millions of dollars to rig the courts — and the election map — in favor of Republicans and their corporate sponsors."

“In all these areas where it’s about political power for big special interests and people who want to fund campaigns and people who want to get their way through politics without actually showing up, doing it behind Donors Trust and other groups, doing it through these schemes, over and over and over again, you see the same thing — 80 decisions, Judge Barrett, 80 decisions, and 80-0 sweep.”

It was a bit like watching Madcow in one of her more bizarre conspiracy theories.

Sure, she will get the nod and yes she will get rammed through but what you get is all done and paid for.

"Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) laid out a vast right-wing conspiracy to stack the courts to benefit a handful of billionaires.
The Rhode Island Democrat showed how the deeply conservative Federalist Society, Judicial Crisis Network and Donors Trust spent hundreds of millions of dollars to rig the courts — and the election map — in favor of Republicans and their corporate sponsors."

“In all these areas where it’s about political power for big special interests and people who want to fund campaigns and people who want to get their way through politics without actually showing up, doing it behind Donors Trust and other groups, doing it through these schemes, over and over and over again, you see the same thing — 80 decisions, Judge Barrett, 80 decisions, and 80-0 sweep.”

If you actually follow the money, you will see it is Democrats who are raising the most "dark" money by far for both the courts and politicians. This is just another attempt by Democrats to keep the wool pulled over the sheep's eyes as to what is really going on behind the scenes.

No matter who is spending more than the other party is not the issue. The issue is how some unknown can donate and influence. If you think dark money is the way to go then I feel you just don't care about this country.

It's obvious you don't care about the first amendment. People are free to express their opinions on political and judicial issues. It takes a lot less money to express political opinions, than legal opinions. Legal opinions requires research and the time of lawyers to make the arguments, whether it be in actual litigation or amicus briefs in support of a position.

The will of the people is shit-canned to special interest. If you support that all I can say is too bad and shame on you.

Popular opinions have no need for first amendment protections, unpopular opinions are what the first amendment is designed to protect. The wills of people are often divergent, faghadist marriage is a perfect example where the courts overturned the will of the people. It was voted down in almost every State, including CA.

If you actually follow the money, you will see it is Democrats who are raising the most "dark" money by far for both the courts and politicians. This is just another attempt by Democrats to keep the wool pulled over the sheep's eyes as to what is really going on behind the scenes.

No matter who is spending more than the other party is not the issue. The issue is how some unknown can donate and influence. If you think dark money is the way to go then I feel you just don't care about this country.

And yet here you are championing the cause of the biggest dark money recipients. You stoopid, or are you an agent of the DNC?

All I said is that Barrett is bought and paid for. I am not championing any sort of dark money. By the way, guess where it all started and by whom? Since Citizens United in 2010, which was GOP's dirty problem. Since then dark money has morphed into a $1B problem. Talk shit all you want, stupid.

You clearly don't understand the case of Citizens United that was adjudicated in the SC. Democrats, being the bigots we all know they are, wanted to squelch any speech that didn't align with their ideology. Go figure.

And yet here you are championing the cause of the biggest dark money recipients. You stoopid, or are you an agent of the DNC?

All I said is that Barrett is bought and paid for. I am not championing any sort of dark money. By the way, guess where it all started and by whom? Since Citizens United in 2010, which was GOP's dirty problem. Since then dark money has morphed into a $1B problem. Talk shit all you want, stupid.

Sure you are. You support every crazy Dem policy, and every nutjob Dem candidate. So the stoopid one is YOU. Sport.

Sheldon Whitehouse On Stacking Courts With Dark Money
:laughing0301:

This is what I imagined Whitehouse's basement wall looks like:

9891b39f69e10b10487cbecef890be3c.jpg

Sure you are. You support every crazy Dem policy, and every nutjob Dem candidate. So the stoopid one is YOU. Sport.

I bet you support this:

"The top political advertiser over the past month is pro-Trump super PAC America First Action, a group partially funded by its affiliated dark money group America First Policies that aired more ads than any other outside group since August in addition to outspending them."

I bet you support this:

"The top political advertiser over the past month is pro-Trump super PAC America First Action, a group partially funded by its affiliated dark money group America First Policies that aired more ads than any other outside group since August in addition to outspending them."

CuckooClock.gif

Forum List

Back