Sexual Orientation: More like religion or more like ethnicity?

The new homosexual history education law in California got me thinking...

Is sexual orientation more like religion or more like ethnicity? It's not exactly like either of course. But the homosexual rights activists have fought hard to get it viewed more like race (or ethnicity), often comparing their 'persecution' to that of blacks in this country (which I would find particularly insulting if I were black).

Discuss.

is having blue or brown eyes more like religion or ethnicity?

You are of course correct about being able to hide. That was never an option for blacks for sure.

Sexual orientation is also a sexual preference which alot of people don't even know find out until their teen years or even later in life, you know you are Black pretty much as soon as you are born.

Here is where we differ. I think sexual orientation for most is programmed and not a choice. Some choose to be gay for sure. But the vast majority have no choice, they are what they are.

Yes but there are alot of people who don't really know for sure until they are gay until later in life.

Sexual orientation is also a sexual preference which alot of people don't even know find out until their teen years or even later in life, you know you are Black pretty much as soon as you are born.

Here is where we differ. I think sexual orientation for most is programmed and not a choice. Some choose to be gay for sure. But the vast majority have no choice, they are what they are.

Yes but there are alot of people who don't really know for sure until they are gay until later in life.

you "choose" in the same way that I choose not to eat foods that turn my stomach. I would also doubt they don't know they're gay until later. They may, however, not come out or acknowledge what they are until they are older.

But they know when they're young... just like you knew what teachers you had crushes on.

you "choose" in the same way that I choose not to eat foods that turn my stomach. I would also doubt they don't know they're gay until later. They may, however, not come out or acknowledge what they are until they are older.

But they know when they're young... just like you knew what teachers you had crushes on.

I could be wrong but I think this is different for everyone, cause theres alot of gay people who ended up married and having kids before they realized who they really are.

YOu cannot NOT know if the same gender or the other turns you on, folks.

You can lie to yourself, you can lie to others but your hormonal driven sex drive doesn't give rat's ass what your EGO thinks.

Teaching kids who was gay in history is a waste of time and money.

If the person was great or horrid enough to make history what they liked to do between the sheets is a useless waste of time to even mention.

Pressing this in school is like a religion. The fanatical devotion from this can only come from a faithlike source.

If the person was great or horrid enough to make history what they liked to do between the sheets is a useless waste of time to even mention.

Pressing this in school is like a religion. The fanatical devotion from this can only come from a faithlike source.
That's not what they're teaching. :lol:

Do you dopes ever read the bills you comment on?

Who says sexuality is an absolute? It could be a gray area, it could evolve over time. For some, sexuality may be established at birth, for others it may be hidden and emerge later

But who really cares?

You should have the right to love the person you choose....regardless of sex

Apparently the state legislators in California care enough to make sure students learn which men in history liked the cock.

That's pretty unfair of you to say, but not surprising. In reality they ruled that the contributions of all Americans should be discussed in social science classes and that groups of people couldn't be demonized.

I'm having a hard time imagining why you'd want people that struggled for civil rights demonized or ignored.

Perhaps I've been misinformed. It wouldn't be the first time and admittedly, all I know about this law is what I've heard reported in the allegedly liberal mainstream media.

But I have a hard time believing that the law is that vague and that it doesn't spell out the curriculum requirements more specifically.

Last edited:

Is sexual orientation more like religion or more like ethnicity? It's not exactly like either of course. But the homosexual rights activists have fought hard to get it viewed more like race (or ethnicity), often comparing their 'persecution' to that of blacks in this country (which I would find particularly insulting if I were black).

Discuss.

is having blue or brown eyes more like religion or ethnicity?

It's part of ethnicity. :cuckoo:

I didn't read it. I typically don't read entire bills and rely on what gets reported.

But if you're asking me to simply take your word for it that you have read it, in it's entirety, and know that it's considerably different that what is actually being reported, my answer is :eusa_hand:

If you can actually back up your assertion with some links and facts, I'm very willing to listen and learn.

Discuss.

Of course the prejudice faced by gays and lesbians isn't equivalent to that experienced by groups easily identified by appearence, but prejudice they do encounter; institutional prejudice has and remains a hurdle in much of the United States.

Legislatures cannot outlaw bigotry and the ignorant cannot be made aware by law. But the words in our Declaraton of Independence can be enforced and laws enacted whch protect the rights of all Americans should not have limits imposed on the few.

Suggesting sexual orientation is selected as one selects a religion is absurd; I didn't decide I was attracted to the opposite sex; I was and remain attracted to the opposite sex, no conscious decision was made.

Last edited:
Legislatures cannot outlaw bigotry and the ignorant cannot be made aware by law. But the words in our Declaraton of Independence can be enforced and laws enacted whch protect the rights of all Americans should not have limits imposed on the few.

Yes, but the California law isn't going to accomplish this. Not even a little.

Which sentence are you referencing? Strike that, the second since it was highlighted.

Prop 8 set limits on marriage, allowing marriages between gay and lesbian couples removes limits imposed on the few.

Last edited:

Which sentence are you referencing?

The one in bold.

Although I had to somewhat fill in the gaps to infer what you meant since it's not exactly a complete sentence.

I didn't read it. I typically don't read entire bills and rely on what gets reported.

But if you're asking me to simply take your word for it that you have read it, in it's entirety, and know that it's considerably different that what is actually being reported, my answer is :eusa_hand:

If you can actually back up your assertion with some links and facts, I'm very willing to listen and learn.

:eusa_eh:

Sad. It's easy enough to find via google. And it isn't very long, maybe 1 printed page.

It appears manifold has exhausted his gas and has nothing more to say. I still wonder how he determined my comment was not "exactly" a sentence. Isn't that like being not exactly pregnant?

It appears manifold has exhausted his gas and has nothing more to say. I still wonder how he determined my comment was not "exactly" a sentence. Isn't that like being not exactly pregnant?
He'll be back. He was busy elsewhere, choosing to be gay.

:eusa_eh:

Sad. It's easy enough to find via google. And it isn't very long, maybe 1 printed page.

Like I said...:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back