"Settlements destroy chance for peace" - Caroline Glick's amazing reality-check

"In 1947, Jews only owned 6 percent of the land in Palestine..."
I think that this low number should be investigated by audience members and cross-checked for accuracy. I'm busy the next couple of hours so this may end-up being addressed by others, but I'll certainly look into it myself later in the day or this evening, and report back, if I have anything to the contrary to serve-up as a counterpoint.

"...So much for Kondors baseless claims of Jews always owning modest amounts of land in Palestine..."

Definition of 'modest' - from the online version of the Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

(4)(a) "...limited in size, amount, or scope..."

Modest - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I would say that 6% of the land was a quantity that is "limited in size, amount, or scope", yes?

Any statement saying that the Jews of Palestine owned a "modest amount" of land there in 1947 is entirely - 100% - accurate.

Nice try, though.

Oh, and, the statement in Post #165 here is that there has always been a "modest presence" of Jews in so-called Palestine since the days of antiquity...

Modest: "limited in size, amount or scope"

...and said nothing about land ownership; merely a presence. For all we know that 'presence' took on a combination of land-ownership, nomadic wandering, squatting and renting over the centuries... who the hell knows?...

"Modest presence" - NOT 'modest land ownership' - over the centuries - get the context and usage and verbiage and intentions straight in your head before charging-off and pontificating on the 'baseless' nature of a statement... get the statement straight, yes?

"...Why would indigenous Palestinians give up sovereignty of over half of their land to foreigners who only owned 6 percent of the land?..."

Nobody said they did give up their sovereignty to other-religion Residents of British Mandate Palestine in connection with this yet-to-be-verified 6% figure; me least of all.

"...History shows us Zionism was nothing but a colonial land theft project engineered by outsiders. Sherri"

Well, history shows us that Arab-Muslim Palestinians and their apologists and sympathizers hold such a position, regardless of the accuracy of the observation.

Forum List

Back