Senator Biden's VAWA Cover-Up

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Angel Heart, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    ifeminists.com: Content / Guest Commentary / Senator Biden's VAWA Cover-Up

2. Seraph

Seraph Mid West

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hmm, so Biden grew up in a household where he wasn’t allowed to hit his sister, no matter what, even when she hit him causing bruising.

Nevertheless, his sister is his best friend and closest confidante, and he’s committed reducing violence against women.

Interesting.

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    What a complete load of bullshit.

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,785
    What a strange website you linked to, Angel. It seems to be a collection of stories about how women shouldn't be protected from domestic violence. If men, as the blogger claims, aren't being accepted into women's shelters...why not advocate for men's shelters instead of making up nasty things about women?

I suggest you volunteer for a few weeks at a woman's shelter and give this another think.

5. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    Speaking as someone who grew up in a house were my father beat my mother for 20 years this is a disgusting insult.

Back in the 70s when I was a young girl the police did nothing to help my mother when they'd arrive after some worried neighbor would call amid the screams coming from our home. They would see my mother bloody and battered and tell her unless they actually saw my father hit her they weren't able to arrest him.

My earliest memory is of my father slicing my mother's leg open with a butcher knife and kicking her in the face with a boot.

Unless you've lived it you have no clue how much these shelters do. We didn't have shelters when I was growing up. My mother had no escape. He hung her from a tree until she passed out, burned her with cigarettes and did all kinds of other unspeakable things to her. I wish we'd have the resources to get help but we didn't and now women do have help and countless lives are saved every day.

Thank God for Joe Biden and those like him who fight on behalf of battered women everywhere.

6. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    I agree the site itself and some of the article are fucked, but what's this all about?

$1 billion of federal money is being used to help pay for these shelters, and they aren't being run properly.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Bingo--no one is complaining about women being protected from violence---It's the wasteful and inadequate way it's being done. Typical for libs to try to twist this into something it is not.

8. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,785
    Bingo? Where's the proof any of this stuff happened anywhere but in her mind. Glad to know you swallow BS so easily, dillo. I'm going to start a blog and state with authority that McCain has a sexual fetish for male rabbits. Please check it out and help spread the word.

McCainHumpsRabbits.com

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  9. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    Oh, please, how many retarded, fucked up websites do Kirk and OJ post a day?

I agree the source is questionable, but if the claims are being made, there needs to be investigation into it.

10. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,785
    Great! I'm sure there's an abused women's shelter somewhere in your area. Go volunteer for a couple of weeks and report back to us.