Senate rejects low-cost drug imports

WASHINGTON - The Senate rejected a plan Tuesday to allow Americans to import low-cost prescriptions from abroad, handing drug makers a victory that may help secure passage of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.
Senate rejects low-cost drug imports - Health care reform- msnbc.com

Now THIS would have been change we can believe in....:confused:

I don't even think it's safe to buy them from Canada. Drugs these days are scary with all the side effects, buying them from another country would compound the fear for me. We need to bring costs down here.

Fear? You fear? I think you must be a Republican! Yes! :lol:

We get the government we deserve. Most of us, at one time or another, have voted for these assholes now in control, and they don't care. The majority of them seem to have forgotten for whom they work. We the People. I for one have not voted for an incumbent for many years now. Until we all do the same and shake things up, nothing will change.

BOHICA baby, BOHICA

Strange how it works.
Most think the govt is corrupt and sucks. However if you ask them about their representatives they will say they are ok. Unless of course they are of the other party.

People are just plumb stupit.

Strange how it works.
Most think the govt is corrupt and sucks. However if you ask them about their representatives they will say they are ok. Unless of course they are of the other party.

People are just plumb stupit.

Yes they are. That in and of itself would not be so bad, but so many of them vote. That's what really hurts.

And we see yet another reason the drug companies support Barrycare when its just a redress of the bitterly opposed Hillarycare.

Most honest and open gov ever....bigest bullshit line since Chimp told us Iraq had WMD and was ready to hand them off to terrorists.

Once again... Instead of letting people decide whether they want to chance it by importing cheaper drugs the Obama Administration decides they know best... Surprise. Surprise.

Once again... Instead of letting people decide whether they want to chance it by importing cheaper drugs the Obama Administration decides they know best... Surprise. Surprise.

Just like the Bush administration did twice.

Why can't we make the consumer sign a contract that says this drug has not been approved by the FDA do you agree to these conditions? Those who want to try it can and those who don't won't.... Sheeze, is it really that hard to figure out....

If they did that then they are at fault too... You see, that's the difference between conservatives and liberals.... Conservatives call their own out as well...

WASHINGTON - The Senate rejected a plan Tuesday to allow Americans to import low-cost prescriptions from abroad, handing drug makers a victory that may help secure passage of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.

How much did the US drug makers pay the Democrats for this?

pharma4obama.jpg

If they did that then they are at fault too... You see, that's the difference between conservatives and liberals.... Conservatives call their own out as well...

Umm I called the Dems out earlier in this thread. I am no con. Although I seem to be more finiancially conservative than cons are.

Wow, lots of misinformation, even from people who ought to know better.

Let's start with the situation: Drug companies sell their products overseas. They do so under negotiated contracts which keep their profit margins razor thin. Those same drugs that were produced here are the very ones that are the subject of this "re-importation" issue. Essentially American consumers are paying for drug R&D and overseas customers are getting the benefit. If we allow reimportation then there will be no, zero, incentive for drug companies to develop new drugs. It was bad enough when Congress shortened the patent life of drugs, which meant drug companies had only 5 years rather than 7 to recoup costs.

There is a lot of short-sighted, Stage One, thinking going on here. And Big Pharma, which negotiated agreements with the WH, is getting it in the tuchas from the Dums.

How much did the US drug makers pay the Democrats for this?

pharma4obama.jpg

I bet if one went to that website that lists campaign donors to politicians one could total up big Pharma contributions to our Congress.

Umm I called the Dems out earlier in this thread. I am no con. Although I seem to be more finiancially conservative than cons are.

Uhhhh...more lies uscitizen....when are you going to stop. Please cite the post where you specifically called out the Dem's...and in case your wondering....you are in fact...a con...your a Democrat who's a member of the Republican Party

Uhhhh...more lies uscitizen....when are you going to stop. Please cite the post where you specifically called out the Dem's...and in case your wondering....you are in fact...a con...your a Democrat who's a member of the Republican Party

Your inescapable illogic frightens me, I run away :)

Forum List

Back