Senate rejects low-cost drug imports

Both the pharmaceutical industry and the Obama administration were lobbying against the proposal, saying it would not protect people from potentially dangerous or ineffective drugs. Dorgan's plan would have cost drug makers billions of dollars and had bipartisan support.
The government can't even protect our food supply and yet they reject this cost saving measure because they are worried they can't protect us from "potentially dangerous or ineffective drugs"? Come on...

WASHINGTON - The Senate rejected a plan Tuesday to allow Americans to import low-cost prescriptions from abroad, handing drug makers a victory that may help secure passage of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.
Senate rejects low-cost drug imports - Health care reform- msnbc.com

Now THIS would have been change we can believe in....:confused:

Big Pharma paid a lot of money to the Democrats for that little favor!!!!!:lol: Especially EAST COAST Senators....32 Dem's voted NAY!!

WASHINGTON - The Senate rejected a plan Tuesday to allow Americans to import low-cost prescriptions from abroad, handing drug makers a victory that may help secure passage of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.

Big Pharma paid a lot of money to the Democrats for that little favor!!!!!:lol: Especially EAST COAST Senators....32 Dem's voted NAY!!

Let's not get partisan right off the bat.....are you alredy forgetting the sweet deal that Bush gave Pharma?

They also paid Republicans a lot for that favor. Recently and during the pill bill debates.
Try and not let your memory be so limited.

Both the pharmaceutical industry and the Obama administration were lobbying against the proposal, saying it would not protect people from potentially dangerous or ineffective drugs. Dorgan's plan would have cost drug makers billions of dollars and had bipartisan support.
The government can't even protect our food supply and yet they reject this cost saving measure because they are worried they can't protect us from "potentially dangerous or ineffective drugs"? Come on...

Agree 100%. Most of the drugs we pay big bucks for are available overseas for low cost. These guys will fuck us commin and goin. They all suck.

They also paid Republicans a lot for that favor. Recently and during the pill bill debates.

Get with the program pal....we are discussing THIS AMENDMENT and the roll call...
majority of dems voted against...majority of repubs voted for the measure.
This is a sad testament to lobbyists and their influence on Congress!

Get with the program pal....we are discussing THIS AMENDMENT and the roll call...
majority of dems voted against...majority of repubs voted for the measure.
This is a sad testament to lobbyists and their influence on Congress!

I will repeat. Try and let not your memory be so limited.

Do you support it or oppose it?

I fully support it with the following caveat...the drug manufacturers overseas must comply with U.S. government quality standards.

Just as I support competition for our health insurance providers, I support competition for our drug manufacturers. People WANT lower cost options and I don't understand why our elected officials, keep trampling over what we the people want?

yep,, dems carry the wh, the house, and the senate,, and they sold your punk asses out so big Pharma would play nice with them.. go demons!

I don't even think it's safe to buy them from Canada. Drugs these days are scary with all the side effects, buying them from another country would compound the fear for me. We need to bring costs down here.

I don't even think it's safe to buy them from Canada. Drugs these days are scary with all the side effects, buying them from another country would compound the fear for me. We need to bring costs down here.

That's going to be damn near impossible Sarah G...between advertisements and R&D....it's a net loss for the American citizen. If we adopt strict policies IAW our FDA guidelines I think we can safely import drugs manufactured at foreign facilities....I think this is the only way to lower costs here....competition.

Many drugs being discussed are made in the same offshore factory for US and outside the US consumption. Do you know where your drugs are made?

Forum List

Back