Sell Apple! Sell Apple!

I wouldn't sell! My brother sold Amazon to early about ten years ago when they split three times and went up 200. Plus people are starting to go to Apple over Microsoft! But I am no expert!

I wouldn't sell! My brother sold Amazon to early about ten years ago when they split three times and went up 200. Plus people are starting to go to Apple over Microsoft! But I am no expert!

Uh, a stock split is a GOOD thing. Instead of 5,000 shares at a margin of 5%, you'd have 10,000 shares with the same margins.

Uh, a stock split is a GOOD thing. Instead of 5,000 shares at a margin of 5%, you'd have 10,000 shares with the same margins.
I meant he sold before they split! sorry
I was senior in high school that year and in economics class we were given a million dollars fake of course to invest in stock. I told my group to invest in amazon and we made a million dollars along with ebay and won for our class! Man if I only really had money then!

Last edited:
Apple is going to open tomorrow around $70/share. That's a $15 drop, or close to 20%.
The market is bad right now, but most say don't sell stock in companies like Apple. Don't they always say sale high buy low! What you should really do is buy more stock. I mean do you really think they are going to go out of business any time soon????

The market is bad right now, but most say don't sell stock in companies like Apple. Don't they always say sale high buy low! What you should really do is buy more stock. I mean do you really think they are going to go out of business any time soon????

Because w/o Steve Jobs running Apple, Apple is NOTHING. He is the CENTER of the Apple universe. If Bill Gates got sick before Windows 95, Windows would never be what it is today.

David, you're a moron if you sell Apple.

The stock is down on panic about Jobs. The company itself is well posititioned to weather the recession otherwise. Their balance sheet is healthy, their products are selling, and they have a lot of cash. The main thing they lose with Jobs is his sales pitch. Otherwise, the COO who's taking over the daily CEO duties is well capable of handling things.

And I don't believe for a second that you laid $750,000 on a stock. I don't even believe you HAVE that much money. Combine this with the other stock purchases you've mentioned in the past, and you're well over a million dollars invested. I'm sorry dude, but your business ventures are not making you a million dollars. You either inherited a large amount of money, or you're lying.

And I guess all anyone wants to talk about in this subforum is Fortune 500 companies, and whoever the news talked about recently. :rolleyes:

Just as I figured.

500 not 5000.

Well now, that makes a little more sense.

But I wouldn't sell if I was you. Ride out this dip and you'll be glad you did. Apple is a strong company. Jobs does not make or break them. Besides, unless he's on his death bed, unable to do ANYTHING, he's still an asset to the company in some way. Right now, the most they lose is his sales pitch. Although the iPhone sucks in my personal opinion, Apple's products seem to speak for themselves. I've never met an unhappy Mac owner.

I just wish I would have had the balls to short Apple a little while back when I first heard about Jobs. I knew the stock would dip like it has recently. I thought about it and decided not to, like an idiot. I also didn't think it would dip THIS bad, either. Oh well.

Apple is a good company and I believe in them long term. I sold all of my windows machines about a year and a half ago and been running macs ever since. I'd never go back. I believe Apple will keep taking market share.

Apple is a good company and I believe in them long term. I sold all of my windows machines about a year and a half ago and been running macs ever since. I'd never go back. I believe Apple will keep taking market share.

They're STRONG. They're poised to weather this recession, they have a healthy balance sheet, growing market share, and sufficient cash. Why anyone would sell this stock because of a Steve Jobs panic sell-off is beyond me. Now is a BUYING opportunity.

Because w/o Steve Jobs running Apple, Apple is NOTHING. He is the CENTER of the Apple universe. If Bill Gates got sick before Windows 95, Windows would never be what it is today.
And if Steve Jobs got sick ten years ago it might have been a problem for them!But he already has is Windows 95, it is called the IPhone/IPod and everything to do with each. Besides the fact people are switching to Mac's all the time!

And if Steve Jobs got sick ten years ago it might have been a problem for them!But he already has is Windows 95, it is called the IPhone/IPod and everything to do with each. Besides the fact people are switching to Mac's all the time!

Yeah, Jobs isn't the only innovator in the entire company. If that were the case, Apple's stock would go to zero and they'd be out of business within months. Jobs had the uncanny ability to sell you a bag of dog shit, though. His sales pitch will be missed, but his products already speak for themselves at this point. New ideas will still flow out of the company, and people will fill in for him while he's gone. He's not even gone for good yet at this point, so the panic is somewhat unfounded.

Yeah, Jobs isn't the only innovator in the entire company. If that were the case, Apple's stock would go to zero and they'd be out of business within months. Jobs had the uncanny ability to sell you a bag of dog shit, though. His sales pitch will be missed, but his products already speak for themselves at this point. New ideas will still flow out of the company, and people will fill in for him while he's gone. He's not even gone for good yet at this point, so the panic is somewhat unfounded.
For one look at Microsoft! Isn't Gates pretty much like a figure head now focusing more on his charity work?

I'll buy all the apple anybody would like to sell. The company is strong, he'll I'm typing this on my new iPod touch. Apple ain't going anywhere. Jobs is a salesman, bit they'll be fine without him.

I'll buy all the apple anybody would like to sell. The company is strong, he'll I'm typing this on my new iPod touch. Apple ain't going anywhere. Jobs is a salesman, bit they'll be fine without him.

I traded in my touch which I regret sometimes because you can go on the internet for an IPod that holds more songs.

Forum List

Back