Self Reliance: The antithesis of Liberalism (aka: Progressives, NeoMarxists, Democrat

The children of the rich should be cut off from the parents' money at age 18. If we have to do it on our own, so must they. Or else they have no right to preach to us about self-reliance.

We outnumber this guillotine-fodder 100 to 1 and can crush them like grapes. It's time to quit whining and start making wine.

Fuck Off. Don't take this personally, I know it's not you that hates, just the environment that brought you up to hate and despise accomplishment. You can pass the message along to someone who may better break it down for you. ;) Seriously though, the matter you elude to, mass executions like in France, after the Revolution, of Anyone that has more than you, Anyone that can spell, Anyone that can count or add, just because of their intelligence, or that they possess something of worth, is hostile, and illegal. Unalienable Rights are the True Enemy of the Statist Progressive, I guess. Who knew? Besides us? :D
"Despise accomplishment"? If the children of the rich accomplish anything, it's a false achievement based on their Daddies' money and connections. Yet you apologists always tie them in with self-made men. I believe that since Bill Gates's father was in the l%, there should be 99 Bill Gates. So you are limiting accomplishment to bluebloods and their flunkies
In pre-Revolutionary France, intelligence had nothing to do with achievement, or even with literacy. It was monopolized by the aristocracy, which again makes it a false achievement. These people have so much control over our lives and minds that only a violent attack on them will break us free. The rich parasites control peaceful means to change. The rule of law means the law of the rulers. We the people are left begging for crumbs outside the castle.

Emerson writes, "Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string." But our Progressive sisters and sisters tell us, Trust Government, you're just too stupid to be on your own.

Can there be anything more diametrically opposed to the Modern Left than Self Reliance?

Self-Reliance

While the right wing wants the government to punish you if you don't conform to their ideas.

how is it a punishment to expect you to pull your own weight?

You realize Separation of Church and State is a Christian concept. You might want to meditate on that.

It's a concept emerging from the teachings of Christ ("Give to Caesar that which is Caesar's, give to God that which is God's"). That does not make it a Christian concept. In fact, it often makes it just the opposite.

Actually, no. It's a concept taught early in the Old Testament. "Chose this day whom you will serve"

The children of the rich should be cut off from the parents' money at age 18. If we have to do it on our own, so must they. Or else they have no right to preach to us about self-reliance.
Most millionaires are self made. Indeed many started out homeless.

We outnumber this guillotine-fodder 100 to 1 and can crush them like grapes. It's time to quit whining and start making wine.
Are you advocating for the violent overthrow of the government of the United States of America? Got tried of that pesky life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness thing, eh.

If it wasn't a great myth perpetuated by the wealthiest of the US to keep the working slaves docile I wouldn't mind so much.

Yes, that single mother with brain cancer needs to get out and work to pay for an insurance premium.

Yeah, because there are one of those on every city block. Very poor retort, Chris, but I wouldn't expect much more from someone with your limited intellect.

While the right wing wants the government to punish you if you don't conform to their ideas.

That just as easily describes the left as it does the right. You both want to use government to force everyone else into conforming to your ideals.

How much other people have and who they decide to give it to is none of your damn business. It's that simple. Your viewpoint is predicated upon feelings of envy, jealousy, and greed, not some imaginary delusion of fairness.

Universal Health Care. That would solve a bunch of problems.

Yeah, instead of dealing with the problem of having to treat people, the government just lets you suffer and die. Very inexpensive solution.

Oh, but don't you know, when government takes over health care no one will ever die.

Oh and those monkeys i mentioned yesterday will really fly out of my butt then.

Chris

It was breast cancer. She was working and, thanks to ObamaCare, the insurance company couldn't turn her down.

Breast cancer, health insurance and an apology to President Obama - latimes.com

Its the pubs who refuse to pay their own health insurance premiums.

I think it's more People paying over priced Premiums because of the Freebee's. It that any fairer? I don't think so. When you find yourself out of work, those Premiums take on a whole different taste, don't they?

Universal Health Care. That would solve a bunch of problems. You have your insurance, no matter what. And that solves the financial problems of Medicare and Mediaid.

From the examples of the other industrial nations, it would also lower the cost of health care for the whole nation. And we would have better care and health statistics.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgOl3cETb4]"We're Number 37" - Paul Hipp - YouTube[/ame]
Why the U.S. Ranks Low on WHO's Health-Care Study by John Stossel on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

Your WHO ranking has been debunked from just about everywhere, and pretty eloquently here by Stossel.... yet you still continue posting it over and over again... you should be tired of being bitch slapped by now, but evidently not

I think it's more People paying over priced Premiums because of the Freebee's. It that any fairer? I don't think so. When you find yourself out of work, those Premiums take on a whole different taste, don't they?

Universal Health Care. That would solve a bunch of problems. You have your insurance, no matter what. And that solves the financial problems of Medicare and Mediaid.

From the examples of the other industrial nations, it would also lower the cost of health care for the whole nation. And we would have better care and health statistics.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVgOl3cETb4]"We're Number 37" - Paul Hipp - YouTube[/ame]

It'll never work because it would require that everyone Pay Their Fair Share and the republicans refuse to pay their share AND they demand that we all protect the ultra rich from paying their fair share which amounts to $56 per thousand over the amount of $1mil.

Yep, that's it. That's what the pubs are protecting and what they demand we pay for.

Repubs = The REAL Welfare State of the US. Get busy and pay for their share.

Please, reveal your definition of "fair" share.

Universal Health Care. That would solve a bunch of problems.

Yeah, instead of dealing with the problem of having to treat people, the government just lets you suffer and die. Very inexpensive solution.

Oh, but don't you know, when government takes over health care no one will ever die.

Oh and those monkeys i mentioned yesterday will really fly out of my butt then.

That monkey problem, are you sure Obamacare covers monkeys flying outta your butt?

Forum List

Back