See? Gay ppl CAN get married..

_dmp_

Oct 16, 2003
These Fockers finally understand...if homos want to wed, do what these bastards did :)

http://www.komotv.com/stories/30719.htm

SEATTLE - Dan Savage writes a nationally syndicated column on gay issues that appears in Seattle's weekly alternative newspaper, The Stranger. Savage is an openly gay man in a committed relationship with another man.

Amy Jennigs is reporter for The Stranger, a lesbian, and in a committed relationship with another woman. She and her partner recently tried to get a marriage license from the King County clerks office.

"They were quite confused and we articulated that it was for two brides. They kind of freaked out about that and they said 'sorry we can't do that, it's against state law,'" she said.

Savage was with Jennigs and her partner when they were denied a license.

"I said, 'I'm a gay man. Amy and I don't live together, we don't love each other, we don't want to have babies, I have a partner at home and a kid, can Amy and I get a marriage license even though you know it's a sham, a joke and we are not serious about each other?' The clerk said, 'Yes, of course because you are a man and a woman,'" Savage explained. "The sanctity of marriage is all about a matched set of genitals."

So, Savage and Jennigs got a marriage license, got married by a minister of the Universal Life Church and plan to file their license with King County, making the marriage legal.

Afterwards the plan an immediate divorce.

"We are going to try and stay married for about 55 hours and 10 minutes. We are going to just best Britney Spears," he laughed.

They married to prove a point. They hope lawmakers will notice their stunt and realize the reason why two people get married should be more important than their gender.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Haha how ironic. They ended up proving that no gay or lesbian is being denied the right to marriage. I doubt they have even realized how much they have undermined their entire argument.

So they want the government definition of marriage to be able love??? Does anyone here really think legislating love is a good idea???

If they do NOT want it to be about love...then I think they are being hypocritical...allowing all people to marry regardless of sex would create MORE mockeries of marriage (like the one they made) rather than less of them.

I understand their frustration, but I feel it was misguided. I do not think that this debate needs theater, I think it needs useful dialogue...

Goes to show how much they know about married couples. People get married all the time for stupid idiotic reasons. Sanctity of marriage? Not these days, thanks to liberalized society.

Staying married slightly longer than Britney Spears is no big deal. Haven't they ever heard of Las Vegas? Fast marriage and quick divorce is an ongoing occurence.

in defense of Las Vegas...I got married in Las Vegas two years ago this January to the man I have been seeing since we were in high school, it was a lovely ceremony, quick but very meaningful.

It isn't the place that makes a mockery of marriage...its the people who are entering into it.

Forum List

Back