Secretary of State

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I was listening to the radio on the way back from the bookstore about an hour ago. Apparently they were discussing possible candidates the Secretary of State under Kerry. Looks like there were two.

Senator Kennedy and Senator Biden.

The first one...well its Teddy. That should be enough to get anyone to think twice.

The other is a man currently trying to push legislation for the draft through.

Do we want either man as SofS?

Originally posted by Avatar4321
I was listening to the radio on the way back from the bookstore about an hour ago. Apparently they were discussing possible candidates the Secretary of State under Kerry. Looks like there were two.

Senator Kennedy and Senator Biden.

The first one...well its Teddy. That should be enough to get anyone to think twice.

The other is a man currently trying to push legislation for the draft through.

Do we want either man as SofS?

HELL NO!

the only realistic picks for Kerry as Secretary Of State:

Wesley Clark (not a bad pick, he did well with the Euros in the 90's and understands the problems of the world, as well as how America can respond to them)

Warren Christopher (please god no)

Sam Nunn (probably would refuse)

Joe Biden (not a bad pick either)

Chuck Hagel (GOP senator with impeccable foreign policy creditentials and understanding)

Al Gore (aside from the China debacle, his foreign policy up until he became a firebrand of the left made him a great VP)

Bob Graham (not a bad pick)

Dennis Holbrooke (excellent diplomat)

Clark, Holbrooke and Hagel are the best choices for Kerry. Who knows though?

Personally, I think Teddy Kennedy would make a great Secretary of State.

He could find bin Laden, get them both drunk, and take him for a late-night drive near the Tigris.

Originally posted by ScreamingEagle
Picking SofS candidates already?

The Democrats think they're gonna win?

Dream on!

True but they gotta come up with some kind of dream team to beat Bush,,,these 2 can't do it.

Forum List

Back