Secret G20 meeting today.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Secret G20 meeting today.

Split on a Cure for Recession, Leaders Try Three Efforts

HORSHAM, England — Still divided over the best way to fight the global economic downturn, finance officials of the leading industrial nations agreed on Saturday to commit more money to help developing countries, step up efforts to revive bank lending and regulate hedge funds.

A statement issued after the meeting was aimed at reassuring markets that the group shared common goals. “We have taken decisive coordinated and comprehensive action to boost demand and jobs,” the statement said, “and we are prepared to take whatever action is necessary until growth is restored.”

But the ministers of the so-called Group of 20 nations, representing about 85 percent of the world economy, stopped short of announcing any details, a signal that beneath the pledges of cooperation, a trans-Atlantic rift remained over whether government intervention should emphasize more regulation or stimulus spending.

The meeting was a precursor to the coming G-20 summit to be held on April 2 in London, where the leaders of the major industrial powers and big developing countries will gather in an attempt to reach agreement on how to stem the global economic tailspin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/15/business/15global.html?_r=1

I can't wait to see the Japanese representative get Blind Stinking Drunk again.

Japan knows we are falling into a massive global depression. Their attitude is we might as well just drink until we die for there is no tomorrow.

I thought that France, Germany and Britian stated that they thought Obama's spending to help the economy was crazy

I am so tired of what the elietes and their sock puppet poles have to say

The middle class has been screaming their life style has been in decline for a generation

That it took that foundation to crumble under these a*shats to finally wake up doesn't give me a shred of faith in their ability to mitigate more than the buffet at their grandious affair

Secret? Wait, have we changed the meaning of words again?

Secret in that they called a Pre-Meeting Meeting without telling anybody. The actual meeting is in two weeks.

Granted, once they called their Pre-Meeting Meeting, it was common knowledge, but it was a secret to the rest of the world.

Forum List

Back