Seattle Sets Rainfall Records – California 100% Drought

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
It's now the wettest February-to-April on record in Seattle, with 19.33" as of Thursday and more is on the way. The old record was 18.97 inches set in 1972. @ As the rain keeps pouring down, Seattle sets rainfall record | Weather Blog | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

The latest drought monitor released by the National Climatic Data Center this week shows that the entire state is under moderate drought conditions, but within that map, 76.6% of the state is experiencing extreme drought conditions, and for 24.7% of the state, the level of dryness is "exceptional."

Drought covers 100% of California for first time in 15 years - latimes.com with video

What difference does it make whether you call it Global Warming or Climate Change? Weather is taking charge of things and, in spite of all the rhetoric, there doesn't seem a whole lot that we Humans can do to stop it in the short run.

Given the inertia in the system, were we to get very serious about it right now, it would still be at least 30 years before we would be seeing results of that effort. Not only that, but those effects, even with major effort on our part, will continue to be felt for a couple of hundred years, at least.

Sorry, I have yet to see any credible evidence that this is not normal variation. Gavin Menzies in his books "1421" and "1434" gives verifiable evidence that the Earth was much warmer 1421-30 and CO2 emissions were kind of low back then. Since his goal was to document Zheng He's voyages there is very little evidence of a pro or anti-AGW agenda. I therefore find this uproar over changes that are well within normal range absurd.

I had a friend of mine who went to Seattle to work, he does trim work.. He said it was depressing because it was either raining or cloudy..

Sorry, I have yet to see any credible evidence that this is not normal variation. Gavin Menzies in his books "1421" and "1434" gives verifiable evidence that the Earth was much warmer 1421-30 and CO2 emissions were kind of low back then. Since his goal was to document Zheng He's voyages there is very little evidence of a pro or anti-AGW agenda. I therefore find this uproar over changes that are well within normal range absurd.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/trend_and_variation.html

Posted on 7 January 2012 by Tom Curtis
Sit on the beach and watch the tide come in. You will see some big waves, some small. The water's edge will advance and recede in a way that is not entirely predictable. But there is an overall patern that emerges as the hours roll by, and the beach narrows before you.

People get this. Even the mathematically inept do not scurry to sunbathe higher on the beach if they see a larger wave in a receding tide. They know the difference between trend and variation.

The difference between trend and variation can be found everywhere in our daily lives. As this video shows, it can even be found so simple a thing as a dog being taken for a walk:

How realists view the cause of trends is to look at the last 5,000 years of historical records, which still tells nothing about the glaciation cycle, vulcanism cycle or meteor/comet cycle. To take one example, the July/August 1430 comet strike off the coast of South Island NZ had a cooling effect until at least the 1700s and the Krakatoa eruption of 1883 was still having effects of a red Norwegian sky in 1893 as shown in the painting "The Scream". So how does a century of reversion to the mean lead to the conclusion of global warming? And as to that being primarily caused by humans that's a real stretch.

AGW bullshit simply provides excuses for air pollution because it is total innumerate bullshit so unless you are an advocate of dirty air such arguments should not be used.

It's now the wettest February-to-April on record in Seattle, with 19.33" as of Thursday and more is on the way. The old record was 18.97 inches set in 1972. @ As the rain keeps pouring down, Seattle sets rainfall record | Weather Blog | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

The latest drought monitor released by the National Climatic Data Center this week shows that the entire state is under moderate drought conditions, but within that map, 76.6% of the state is experiencing extreme drought conditions, and for 24.7% of the state, the level of dryness is "exceptional."

Drought covers 100% of California for first time in 15 years - latimes.com with video

What difference does it make whether you call it Global Warming or Climate Change? Weather is taking charge of things and, in spite of all the rhetoric, there doesn't seem a whole lot that we Humans can do to stop it in the short run.

I have to wonder about that whole drought thing, in califonia. Seems to me the reservoirs are full so if there is a drought for as long as is claimed, how is this reservoir full?

I took this picture this year, as I drove by. Castaic lake is just north of Los Angeles, its a reservoir fed by aqueduct from the Sacramento Delta area.

The ten days I spent in Benicia was 7 days of rain.

Attachments

• $Castaic Lake, April 2014.jpg
    $Castaic Lake, April 2014.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 79

I have to wonder about that whole drought thing, in califonia. Seems to me the reservoirs are full so if there is a drought for as long as is claimed, how is this reservoir full?

I took this picture this year, as I drove by. Castaic lake is just north of Los Angeles, its a reservoir fed by aqueduct from the Sacramento Delta area.

hahahahahahahahahahaahaha!

The average for the resevoirs in California right now is just under 65% full. And there are some with less than 10% of normal in them.

California Data Exchange Center

Research is the key to avoiding sounding like a stupid ass just flapping yap with zero credibility.

Apparently they EXPERTS disagree with your assessment, electra.

NEWS RELEASE
DATE: MARCH 5, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Dirk Marks, Water Resources Manager, CLWA
661/297-1600 ext. 297

SCV WATER COMMITTEE: DROUGHT ISN’T OVER
Conservation Critical Despite Last Week’s Rain

“We’re very happy to see the rain, but that doesn’t mean the drought is over,” said Mauricio Guardado, retail manager of the Santa Clarita Water Division. “While the recent precipitation is a welcome development that will help mitigate the impact of our ongoing drought, it would be a mistake to assume that any one storm or series of storms means we’re out of the woods.”

To the contrary, even with the recent storms, snowpack in the Sierras — considered the state’s most important water source — is only at about a quarter of normal.

The average for the resevoirs in California right now is just under 65% full. And there are some with less than 10% of normal in them.

Research is the key to avoiding sounding like a stupid ass just flapping yap with zero credibility.
I lived there in the mid 70s to early 80s and some reservoirs were very low then.

Forum List

Back