Sears Gets a ILLINOIS Tax Break

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
House panel OKs tax breaks for Sears - DailyHerald.com

Shocker of shockers! :eusa_eh: IL/Chicago cronie capitialism waves it's ugly head again. Back when IL Gov Quinn announced IL would have one of the highest Corp taxes in the world, many Fortune 500 employers said adidos, we will take the relocation expense as a write-off.

Yet one by one stories started to break about IL giant sized corps getting back-door special deals zeroing out, reducing significantly or in Motorola's case giving a rebate to stay in IL!

So who is paying this tax increase? The small business C-Corps. Collectively large employers, who don't make headlines when individual ones leave, don't have lobbyist and who have a harder time relocating because of their profit sized, local business type, employee relocation or replacement cost etc.

The Democrats and Gov Quinn hold themselves out as the anti-big business and pro-small business politician. But all Quinn's tax deal did was raise taxes on small business and lower taxes on big business, while sticking the American Middle Class worker with one of the highest middle taxes income tax in the entire country.

House panel OKs tax breaks for Sears - DailyHerald.com

Thats called jobs you fucking dumbass. Either keeping current ones or trying to expand. Government doesnt have any business taxing any business at all.

I'm assuming there are other big corps getting the same or similar deals. Yup, small biz gets fucked while big biz gets a break. By the democrats. I'm wondering how the lefties around here are going to spin this.

right now basically every state on the continental US is trying to get a new factory Caterpillar is going to build.

Same gig, to lure them, they are promised tax breaks etc etc . Now go back a year and remember that Illinois was going to force Amazon affiliates to charge in state tax rates on internet transactions. Which in effect means if I here in cali buy a book via amazon from a small time Illinois amazon affiliate book seller, they are duty bound to pay Illinois state tax on that sale......they are screwed, they are going to have to pass that cost on to...me. I will choose another vendor. It happens in every state, period. the usual the bigger the more breaks you get.

I sure don't have a problem with this and surprised that anyone would. Sears has been a dying company for more than a decade because of their intense competition. And if they get a break on their PROPERTY taxes in order to help them be competitive then why would anyone care?

I fully supported Bush's auto bailout and have no problem with this either. If Sears makes it through this rough patch then Illinois will profit in both jobs and corporate taxes.

It's a win-win situation for Illinois.

right now basically every state on the continental US is trying to get a new factory Caterpillar is going to build.

Same gig, to lure them, they are promised tax breaks etc etc . Now go back a year and remember that Illinois was going to force Amazon affiliates to charge in state tax rates on internet transactions. Which in effect means if I here in cali buy a book via amazon from a small time Illinois amazon affiliate book seller, they are duty bound to pay Illinois state tax on that sale......they are screwed, they are going to have to pass that cost on to...me. I will choose another vendor. It happens in every state, period. the usual the bigger the more breaks you get.

Exactly. It happens in EVERY state. And why anyone would oppose their state trying to attract or keep businesses is baffling. :confused:

Last edited:
I sure don't have a problem with this and surprised that anyone would. Sears has been a dying company for more than a decade because of their intense competition. And if they get a break on their PROPERTY taxes in order to help them be competitive then why would anyone care?

I fully supported Bush's auto bailout and have no problem with this either. If Sears makes it through this rough patch then Illinois will profit in both jobs and corporate taxes.

You do realize that Illinois raised taxes significantly on businesses, and are now letting the big corps avoid it. How can you possibly reconcile this unabashed special treatment to the big corps and then bitch about the repubs supporting the same people?

Win-win, huh? It ain't win-win for the small businesses that won't get the tax breaks. You know the ones that create the most new jobs. Gotta wonder how many are leaving Illinois for a bordering state that isn't so God damned stupid.

Projection - Illinois won't get even half as much new revenue as they think they will. And look for their UE rate to go up, unless enough people leave the state for greener pastures.

Last edited:
Thats called jobs you fucking dumbass. Either keeping current ones or trying to expand. Government doesnt have any business taxing any business at all.

Yea no shit asshole, that's why I was against the IL tax increases and I don't want any businesses leaving IL! I hate this cronie capitialism. Give your donating big corporations the tax breaks and hit the little small business.

For the record I'm a Fair Tax man. See my signature!

Gee, I don't know. I'll bet all the business owners in Illinois who are paying the full rate of taxes probably care an awful lot, that's who. Why are you defending big evil corporations? Aren't you a 99 percenter? I'm guessing if you suddenly found out your local government told your next door neighbor they no longer had to pay property taxes, but you still had to pay yours you'd probably care too.

The state government is giving an unfair advantage to one company over another. It's picking the winners and the losers and ultimately the losers are the people of Illinois. When you subsidize incompetence and failure you get more incompetence and failure. It's also more evidence that Illinois' economic policies are destructive.

The market will weed out the losers from the winners on its own.

Last edited:

You do realize that Illinois raised taxes significantly on businesses, and are now letting the big corps avoid it. How can you possibly reconcile this unabashed special treatment to the big corps and then bitch about the repubs supporting the same people?

Because he's a fucking idiot tool who can't think on his own.

Enacting the tax was a bad move. They are figuring that out right now. However, the Big Guys get backdoor tax breaks while the little guys get screwed. Everyone should get tax breaks.

People just can't understand why businesses are flocking to Texas and why Texas is creating more jobs than the other 49 states combined. It has ALOT to do with the zero corporate and income tax!

It's not just property taxes (nice red herring) it's also on the QUINN Corporate Tax increase.

No one should get the backdoor tax deal and no one should have received a tax increase!

Win-win, huh? It ain't win-win for the small businesses that won't get the tax breaks. You know the ones that create the most new jobs. Gotta wonder how many are leaving Illinois for a bordering state that isn't so God damned stupid.

Projection - Illinois won't get even half as much new revenue as they think they will. And look for their UE rate to go up, unless enough people leave the state for greener pastures.

Perfectly put! That is the part partisan liberals don't understand!

Because he's a fucking idiot tool who can't think on his own.

It also helps small businesses.

From the link......

The proposal includes breaks for the working poor and small businesses, too

And the fact that DTMB bought into that "hook, line and sinker" tells me he's a fucking idiot tool who can't think on his own.

Perfectly put! That is the part partisan liberals don't understand!

Sorry.....Your projection is WRONG.

Businesses may complain about the additional burden, but the state is seeing the desired effect: a nearly 40 percent jump in revenue for fiscal year 2011.

Illinois corporate tax hike is making money and enemies

Enacting the tax was a bad move. They are figuring that out right now. However, the Big Guys get backdoor tax breaks while the little guys get screwed. Everyone should get tax breaks.

People just can't understand why businesses are flocking to Texas and why Texas is creating more jobs than the other 49 states combined. It has ALOT to do with the zero corporate and income tax!

AND the fact that they have the highest percent of people making minimum wage in the nation.

1) Businesses are NOT undergoing a mass exodus because of this TEMPORARY tax increase. (Yes, GHOOK, I'll bet you didn't know that, did you?)

The tax increase was enacted as a temporary measure and is slated to drop back to 5.25 percent in 2015.....

2) It's making the state money......

Businesses may complain about the additional burden, but the state is seeing the desired effect: a nearly 40 percent jump in revenue for fiscal year 2011.

3) Illinois is also prevented from increasing spending.....

A spending cap would limit state spending through 2015. If lawmakers were caught exceeding the new limits, the new tax rates would revert to their original rates.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0...y-lawmakers-passed-66-percent-income-tax-hike

4) CAT not only did NOT leave they invested a BILLION more dollars in their ILLINOIS operations. But I've already covered that with GHOOK. So he knows not to go there.

5) Illinois is STILL the best state in the US in which to earn a living.

Rankings of the Best 10 States for Making a Living

GHOOK.....We've gone over and over this and yet you simply refuse to post all of the FACTS everytime you go here. And then I'm forced to post ALL of the facts and prove you wrong.

Last edited:
1) Businesses are NOT undergoing a mass exodus because of this TEMPORARY tax increase. (Yes, GHOOK, I'll bet you didn't know that, did you?)

The tax increase was enacted as a temporary measure and is slated to drop back to 5.25 percent in 2015.....

2) It's making the state money......

3) Illinois is also prevented from increasing spending.....

A spending cap would limit state spending through 2015. If lawmakers were caught exceeding the new limits, the new tax rates would revert to their original rates.

Illinois tax increase: why lawmakers passed 66 percent income-tax hike - CSMonitor.com

4) CAT not only did NOT leave they invested a BILLION more dollars in their ILLINOIS operations. But I've already covered that with GHOOK. So he knows not to go there.

5) Illinois is STILL the best state in the US in which to earn a living.

Rankings of the Best 10 States for Making a Living

GHOOK.....We've gone over and over this and yet you simply refuse to post all of the FACTS everytime you go here. And then I'm forced to post ALL of the facts and prove you wrong.

you are mixing apples and oranges, here;

Illinois, no. 48.

Best/Worst States for Business | ChiefExecutive.net | Chief Executive Magazine

Forum List

Back