Seahawk's Anthem plan revealed

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Seattle Seahawk's plan revealed:

Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin reveals team's plan to

Roughly 24 hours before kickoff of the Seahawks’ season opener against Miami Sunday, receiver Doug Baldwin revealed the team’s pre-game plans for a demonstration of unity.

In the brief video, Baldwin said the team is “comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds. And as a team we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to assure the riches of freedom and the security of justice for all people. Progress can and will be made only if we stand together.”

I like it. We're all in this together, and nothing can be accomplished until the screamers on both ends grow the fuck up and realize that.

Outside of that, I hope this stuff passes quickly.

While not giving a damn about sports (primarily team sports), I do like the positive unity stance regarding the United States.

Roughly 24 hours before kickoff of the Seahawks’ season opener against Miami Sunday, receiver Doug Baldwin revealed the team’s pre-game plans for a demonstration of unity.

In the brief video, Baldwin said the team is “comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds. And as a team we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to assure the riches of freedom and the security of justice for all people. Progress can and will be made only if we stand together.”

I like it. We're all in this together, and nothing can be accomplished until the screamers on both ends grow the fuck up and realize that.

You know what, Mac...after much contemplation and after hashing this out with you on many occasions....I have finally come around to seeing this your way.

Both sides of this issue are equally to blame for the divisions between races in this nation. I used to feel that the people being oppressed and discriminated against in our legal system were less culpable than those who did the oppressing and those who denied that it was taking place.

Those who are discriminated against should never try to make noise or inconvenience those who oppress them. Because when they do, they run the very real risk of widening the division by upsetting the oppressors.

The best thing for them to do is just ask nicely to be treated with dignity and equal treatment under the law...without accusing anyone of wrongdoing. That way, those who have discriminated against them can be comfortable and, over time, begin treating them better.

And...let's not forget...if the oppressed really want equal treatment by law enforcement, they should make sure that only those who are actually criminals are ever someplace where law enforcement can harass them. What do they expect if they just roam around free all the time?

This sounds good.
Frankly, players sitting or kneeling during OUR anthem especially on 9/11 would have been incredibly stupid.

You know what, Mac...after much contemplation and after hashing this out with you on many occasions....I have finally come around to seeing this your way.

Both sides of this issue are equally to blame for the divisions between races in this nation. I used to feel that the people being oppressed and discriminated against in our legal system were less culpable than those who did the oppressing and those who denied that it was taking place.

Those who are discriminated against should never try to make noise or inconvenience those who oppress them. Because when they do, they run the very real risk of widening the division by upsetting the oppressors.

The best thing for them to do is just ask nicely to be treated with dignity and equal treatment under the law...without accusing anyone of wrongdoing. That way, those who have discriminated against them can be comfortable and, over time, begin treating them better.

And...let's not forget...if the oppressed really want equal treatment by law enforcement, they should make sure that only those who are actually criminals are ever someplace where law enforcement can harass them. What do they expect if they just roam around free all the time?
You completely misrepresent & distort my opinion and wonder why I no longer bother to communicate with you.

My guess is that people like you won't like this show of unity, because unity isn't your goal. Hence your characteristically catty comments.

Nothing of real substance can be improved in race relations until people like you are somehow culturally marginalized. I'll remain hopeful.

You completely misrepresent & distort my opinion and wonder why I no longer bother to communicate with you.

My guess is that people like you won't like this show of unity, because unity isn't your goal. Hence your characteristically catty comments.

Nothing of real substance can be improved in race relations until people like you are somehow culturally marginalized. I'll remain hopeful.

You demand that "people like me" are "somehow marginalized" as you make your impassioned plea for unity. That is sparkling logic.

You are going to witness something today, Mac. You will witness reactions to the Seahawks show of unity. There will be those who take issue with it. Some will be outraged that our patriotic traditions are being altered so we can molify a bunch of race baiters. To them, this act by the Seahawks will be showing disrespect for the troops and hate for our country. They will moan endlessly that this political correctness is ruining the moral fiber of the nation.

Will you hear me taking exception to this show of unity? No. You will not.

Will you hear me say something obtuse like "We are all in this together...but both sides need to be more like me, grow the fuck up and realize that". Simply using the show of unity to proclaim that I am above the fray? No...you will not.

All you have to do in order to symbolically lock arms with me on this issue is to take the side of the oppressed in this matter. Stop trying to claim that their loud screams over injustice are the same as their oppressors loud screams of discomfort. Proudly state that you recognize the truth that guys like Kaepernick are bringing....and grant them license to make that truth heard. Being "in the middle" on this issue is bullshit as it embraces those who have perpetrated widespread racial discrimination in this great land.

I suggest that you reexamine who it is that needs to be marginalized. It isn't you...and it isn't me.

Forum List

Back