screw pakistan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by deepthunk, Oct 7, 2011.

1. deepthunk

deepthunk Justadude with a keyboard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I felt compelled to vent after reading an article on cnn.com entitled “Pakistani commission seeks treason charges in bin Laden raid”. Pakistani commission seeks treason charges in bin Laden raid - CNN.com
    Among other things, the article states “"A case of conspiracy against the state of Pakistan and high treason is made" against Dr. Shakeel Afridi, the information ministry said, summarizing a commission's investigation into the death of the al Qaeda leader [Bin Laden]
    And says “Afridi is accused of helping the CIA use a vaccination campaign to try to collect DNA samples from people who lived in bin Laden's compound.”
    Let’s face it, Pakistan is practically openly admitting that its our enemy. In order for Dr. Shakeel Afridi, to be guilty of treason against Pakistan for helping the United States locate a known fugitive, that fugitive (Bin Laden) must have been an ally of Pakistan.
    While I realize that international relations are complicated and that we don’t want to go around throwing away ally’s over every political snafu, the fact is that by prosecuting Dr. Afridi for treason Pakistan is admitting publicly that they support Al Qeada. Its clear they are not only providing unilateral support for Islamic extremists, but they are playing us like fools on the international stage and that hurts American credibility, undermining diplomatic efforts with every middle eastern country we deal with.
    To put it succinctly I think it’s high time to stop playing house with these bastards and acknowledge them as the hostile state supporter of terrorism that they obviously are.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,677
    I agree with you wholeheartedly and have no idea why Obama and /or the State Dept. wastes their time delaying removing any friendlies we have in the area. They may well be facing the same kind of treatment.

You are right it has been no secret who their true allies are and I say let's bring our funds, soldiers and equipment home.

3. deepthunk

deepthunk Justadude with a keyboard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I think part of the reason the U.S. is hesitant to declare the country hostile is that Pakistan has nuclear weapons, and even prior too (and aside from) their support of Islamic extremist’s there is the fact that they’ve been champing at the proverbial bit to go to war with India (also a low level Nuclear power) for years.
    Personally however, I think those are excellent reasons to consider Pakistan our most dangerous enemy, rather than pretend the country is some kind of ally while they play both sides of the field to the favor of both themselves, and the Islamic extremists they harbor.
    In truth I consider Pakistan an even greater threat than Iran at this moment, that could change quickly however if Iran successfully tests a warhead and a missile that can deliver it.

4. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,177
    I'd get the hell out of Afghanistan and cut all aid to Pakistan, 2 seconds after. This whole area isn't worth our time or resources. If Pakistan wants war so badly then they can go up against the much more powerful India. Ron Paul is right about at least some of what he says...It is not our job and we can't help these people. We're just killing our troops and spending hundreds of billion dollars of our wealth.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011