Scott Peterson Trial

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Adam's Apple, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Now that the Scott Peterson trial is winding down, does anyone want to guess what the jury's verdict will be? If he is found guilty, will he be given the death penalty or will he go to prison? Both Fox News and CNN have frequently aired really good panel shows on this topic.

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I believe there exists at least a reasonable doubt to his innocence...however, I would not be surprised if he were aquitted, but then later confessed and sold the movie rights.

3. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I find it hard to think there is one bit of innocence in that man. Selling her car, trying to sell hous, the list goes on. I don't know many people that would do such a thing with a spouse so-called missing. I would like to believe he will get guilty, but should he get off, then here we have another OJ Simpson!!! Murder and walk away.

4. TopUSMC

TopUSMC Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    All they have is circumstancal evidenece, but it points directly to him. That and his actions after she came up missing lead me to vote GUILTY as charged-Life in prison times two. If he gets aqquitted, I bet someone will put a cap or two in him.

Semper fi,
    THE TOP

5. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    If he's acquitted you can certainly expect to see the civil suit soon after. reminiscent of OJ, ya think?

6. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    ...except what would Scott be able to pay? He's not the multi-millionaire OJ was.

7. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Based on the circumstancial evidence presented thus far, I think he is guilty; but I would not vote for the death penalty. If I could be certain that he killed her, then I would vote for the death penalty. The evidence that came out this week about what Scott had in his car at the time he was arrested is a matter of concern. Makes you wonder if he was going after Amber Frey.

8. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741

Acting guilty doesn't mean one IS guilty. It could be argued the stress of the investigation - the pressure from inspectors drove scott to weird behaviour. Being an adulterer doesn't mean he's a killer...Leaving for Mexico doesn't mean he's a killer.

There has to exist at least one reasonable doubt. No Crime Scene. It's reasonbable to think there would be a crime scene in his truck, boat, or house if he had done it. (which I think he did, btw)...

9. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    what has OJ paid out? declared bankruptcy to keep his home I believe. the civil judgement would still stand. Scott would only be able to keep enough to live on. no more.

10. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Though this can be true - again, I don't know many people that would run out when their Wife and unborn child is missing and sell her car, then want to put their home up for sale? maybe it's, he KNEW she wasn't coming back. Pressure can make you do stupid things, but this I doubt! what about the Jewelry he gave to Amber, all of Laci's. Blood and hair too, but then again, blood all over the Bronco of O.J. and that bastard still walked.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1