Scott Peterson case taken up by Los Angeles Innocence Project

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
Interesting case were SP was convicted without any physical evidence tying him to the crime. I remember the case although I didn't follow it that closely. Did not know that the day of the conviction Gerragos, SP's lawyer, was handed discovery that an inmate at Chino was on the phone discussing confronting Laci Peterson during a burglary.

Scott Peterson asks for new DNA test in push to overturn Laci Peterson murder conviction​

Representatives for the Los Angeles branch told ABC News that new evidence has surfaced proving Scott's innocence and argued his constitutional rights were violated during the original proceedings.

"New evidence now supports Mr. Peterson's longstanding claim of innocence and raises many questions into who abducted and killed Laci and Conner Peterson," filings obtained by ABC News state.

The AP reported that the judge in Tuesday's hearing has set the next two hearings for April 16 and May 29 and Peterson will also virtually attend those hearings.

The Los Angeles Innocence Project did not immediately respond to USA TODAY's request for comment.https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/03/13/scott-peterson-news-innocence-project-case/72956254007/

The media convicted Scott Peterson before his trial started. The odds of finding a truly impartial jury were very low. I would not bet my retirement nest egg that he's innocent or guilty. I see many serious problems with the case against him.

One thing is certain: The prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Here's an article that argues for Peterson's innocence:

Here's the Peterson family's website:

Here's an article from the family's website that addresses every aspect of the case:

I don't remember much about the case now, but I watched it with interest at the time. I was shocked when the jury found him guilty based on such a weak case against him.

Forum List

Back