Scott Brown V Elisabeth Warren Debate 10/1/12

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by PLYMCO_PILGRIM, Oct 2, 2012.

1. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    What did you all think of the debate.

I think they both had some strong moments but overall I feel that Scott Brown came across better than Elisabeth Warren. In the interest of disclosure I have a lot of respect for Scott Brown's record of being the most non-partisan senator having voted with the dems 47% of the time and the reps 53% of the time basing his vote off the bill and how it impacts the country and my state. I do not have a lot of respect for Elisabeth Warren's record with the asbestos/steel company nor the cloud surrounding her checking off the minority status box and self-identifying as a native american minority when @ Harvard. I am not a fan of affirmative action and I believe that by doing so she abused those laws.

Warren's strongest moment was probably her supreme court answer. She had a direct answer "Elana Keegan is who I want" while Brown fumbled and picked 4 justices not one.

Brown's strongest moment was every time he talked about his actual record as a senator.

Warren's weakest moments were when she was asked what Republican she could/would work with and her closing remarks which, unlike Brown's, were a re-hash of her negative talking points about Brown. Brown kept it on a "this is who I am, this is what I've done, please vote for me because of my record" level instead of a guttersnipe level. I have no problem with Warren attacking Brown on stuff but to have it the centerpiece of her closing remarks was just weak in my opnion

Brown's weakest 2 moments were the supereme court justice question and, although I liked it a lot it did come across poor in my opinion, when he got aggrivated with Warren's constant interruptions and blurped "i'm not one of your students" at her.

Here is the debate

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A09aCUwbH0Q]ELIZABETH WARREN vs SCOTT BROWN Massachusetts Senate Debate ROUND 2 - YouTube[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  2. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    I agree.. I think Senator Brown distinguised himself whereas Warren came across as disingenuous in my opinion.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    What do you think each of their best/worst moment(s) were?

4. Meathead

Meathead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,871
    Yeah, watched it and my own preferences aside, Warren came off very week and her mantra about working for families wore thin pretty quick. Pretty much a slam-dunk.

5. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,033
    How does Warren even show up in public? She's an embarrassment, a fraud, a fake and fucking degenerate who lied about being part American indian

6. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    That was something I noticed too. Brown brought some new stuff to the table while Warren basically kept on the same things I have heard from her campaign for months now.

7. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,892
    Warren has huge credibility issues that overshadow everything she says. I am sure she is an accomplished and well respected woman- in academia. She is not Senate material.

She needs to stay amongst the Ivory towers of Harvard; we've seen what happens when we elect dilettantes and academicians to High Office.

Sorry Elizabeth, but.....
    [​IMG]

She can't be trusted.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  8. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    her handling of the whole "checking off the minority, listing myself as a native american" thing really turned me against her. I have a bee in my bonnet over affirmative action as it is and the way she spent over a month telling everyone "I dont know why they thought I was a native american" before owning up to listing herself is what really bothers me the most.

9. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,710
    I don't know what debate you people were watching, but Brown would not give a straight answer to anything, not even whether Bobby Valentine should be kept as manager of the Sox!!!!! I mean, when he said at first Scalia was his ideal judge and got booed he quickly named 3 more moderate judges and would not narrow it to 1. What a double-talking coward.

10. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    I did say that was his worst debate moment (the supreme court question). You did read my post right?

And the red sox thing did NOT belong there but he should have said "And see that is the problem, she wants to give a failure another chance" and connect that to re-electing obama BUT Brown is not the anti-obama stereotype so he wouldn't do that.

Do you have anything besides his comment about the supreme court that you feel he didn't answer?