Scots Head To Polls For Referendum

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
Millions of people in Scotland are heading to the polls to vote on whether the country should stay in the UK or become an independent nation.
States Separation of Scotland can affect the growth of secessionist sentiment our country and the US as a whole. Vermonters, neo-Confederates, and Pacific Northwesterners all want to leave the union, but they're united by the September 18 vote—an' they a' think it's a braw thing.
Source
scotland-independence.jpg

Well, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, can finally stop being the United. If the separatist government of Scotland will get the desired result as the result of the referendum, it will be the beginning of the disintegration of the whole of Britain, the closest ally of the US, which for three hundred years was united Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland under its flag. And it may cause a positive response from supporters of secessions in the US. If Britain will be divided, the balance of forces in the world will be broken. Military and diplomatic influence of the United Kingdom has always exceeded its true potential

97% of Scottish people over 16 are registered to vote.
And the last I heard, yesterday, on that, is they were voting against seceding. :dunno:

I hope Scotland stays put, as America needs our ally's to be strong and Scotland is part of our ally, Britain.
Where did you get that poll result. I heard it was way too close to call.

And the last I heard, yesterday, on that, is they were voting against seceding. :dunno:

I hope Scotland stays put, as America needs our ally's to be strong and Scotland is part of our ally, Britain.

The story is the larger vote is too close to call, but the younger voters are actually narrowly against secession.

Too close to call though is a huge bit of news as it wasn't that long ago that staying in the UK had a 20% edge. We could really see the UK fall apart.

Well, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, can finally stop being the United. If the separatist government of Scotland will get the desired result as the result of the referendum, it will be the beginning of the disintegration of the whole of Britain, the closest ally of the US, which for three hundred years was united Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland under its flag. And it may cause a positive response from supporters of secessions in the US. If Britain will be divided, the balance of forces in the world will be broken. Military and diplomatic influence of the United Kingdom has always exceeded its true potential

Should Scotland secede (and they probably should) you will secessionist movements pick up in a large variety of places. Spain, Canada, and other countries all over the world will be watching this.

I heard it from a customer, while at work yesterday. But here is a current link I found interesting:

Will Scotland s Independence Referendum Be Decided by Teen Voters - NBC News

What times do the polls close in Scotland? Does anyone know when we can expect results?

What times do the polls close in Scotland? Does anyone know when we can expect results?
Almost 4.3 million people — 97 percent of the electorate — have registered to vote, including 16- and 17-year-olds, enfranchised for the first time. Analysts have forecast a turnout in excess of 80 percent at about 2,600 polling places stretching from urban centers to remote and sparsely populated islands and far-flung settlements in the Scottish Highlands. Voting began at 7 a.m. and the polling stations were set to close at 10 p.m.

much more information from both sides of the issue, here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/19/world/europe/scotland-independence-vote.html?_r=0

I heard it from a customer, while at work yesterday. But here is a current link I found interesting:

Will Scotland s Independence Referendum Be Decided by Teen Voters - NBC News
Thank you.

This is exciting. Whether yes or no this is true democracy in action that we are witnessing. The people will truly choose their future whatever it may be.

Well, Scotland has voted "No" to independence in the historic referendum on the nation's future. The three biggest UK-wide political parties - The Conservatives, Labour and the Liberal Democrats - agree that further devolution of powers to Holyrood must take place. During the referendum campaign, the parties signed a pledge to devolve more powers to Scotland, if Scots rejected independence.
We will see what will be the next. I mean, will the great response be or not

Forum List

Back