Scorponok: An MIT Painting

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here is a sociology academics diorama about the fictional giant A.I. warrior-robot Scorponok (a menace who transforms into a deadly scorpion and also an ominous fortress-like structure).

Scorponok represents modernism fears, so I wanted to construct a an 'Orwellian lesson' about this 'postmodern avatar.'

This little "Mr. Wizard"-esque blurb was inspired by the engineering-rapture films Tron and Outland.

How do you feel about industrialization under 'TrumpUSA'? Somehow, I feel we must be wary of political sarcasm in this age of consumerism/commerce (especially since we've elected a pronounced capitalism-baron as our President). Besides, isn't 'architectural capitalism' more fun?

====

"My name is Professor Nash, and welcome to my government-sanctioned MIT course about the sociology and philosophical mechanics of the fictional robot Scorponok (from the A.I. fantasy-adventure franchise Transformers). The Trump Administration wanted MIT professors to teach a course such as this to prepare students for a new world requiring scholars to be knowledgeable about 'ambitious engineering.'

Scorponok represents civilization ambitions gone awry and pedestrian mobility become deadly and polluting and therefore is an obvious Orwellian figure.

Scorponok is a robot, since he characterizes the adaptability of malice and warlike intentions in a modern world governed more or less by competitive instincts, and therefore, he reminds us of the general psychological and brain-process qualities associated with lethal priorities (e.g., terrestrial domination).

We may compare Scorponok to other civilization-emblematic comic book characters/avatars such as Serpentor (a genetically-engineered 'super-emperor' from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero), Black Manta (a DC Comics underwater mad-scientist and nemesis of the heroic Aquaman), and Master-Control or 'MCP' (the evil mastermind computer from the virtual-reality sci-fi film Tron).

The purpose of this Scorponok evaluation is to make you students of this modern age more comfortable with evaluating the sociological totems that highlight civilization's new 'prioritization beacons' for adaptation ferocity, mechanization geometry, and of course, engineered metaphysics.

For the final exam of this course, I'd like you to compare Scorponok to the AntiChrist (the Christian enemy of mankind and adversary of Jesus Christ who is the protector of mankind)."

====

SCORPONOK:

scorp.jpg

How do you feel about industrialization under 'TrumpUSA'? Somehow, I feel we must be wary of political sarcasm in this age of consumerism/commerce (especially since we've elected a pronounced capitalism-baron as our President). Besides, isn't 'architectural capitalism' more fun?

"My name is Professor Nash, and welcome to my government-sanctioned MIT course
You really want to hear about what I think of someone sucking off the taxpayers titty while criticizing the titty? Are you insane?

The Ad-Exec Pudding

I agree that it's complicated coordinating dialogue in a consumerism society, since by definition, consumers are laissez-faire capitalists, but I think we can generate some useful 'media-modelling' with brand-marketing related 'capitalism advertising.'

I think this is the direction Trump's advisors are going...

Here's a mock dialogue between Voltron (a monarchy-defensive valiant robot from popular-culture) and Scorponok (our beloved anti-hero robot!) about general consumerism-related macro-management.

This can all sound like 'fun gibberish' if you're not meditating on the value of free-choice shopping. I mean, do voters think, "We elected a capitalism-baron as U.S. President because we care about banking!"?

A 'consumerism-society' may quickly become callous about federalism maturity, and I think Trump faces that criticism --- e.g., "American President is shallow."

What do you think?

====

VOLTRON: We must defend the pedestrian idealism surrounding Starbucks in America...
SCORPONOK: What's the value of brand-marketing in a convenience-culture (e.g., Burger King, Facebook, eTrade, etc., etc.)?
VOLTRON: Convenience-shopping is not necessarily disharmonious with contract-related 'mob psychology' (e.g., Wall Street).
SCORPONOK: What do you mean?
VOLTRON: Well, a stockbroker respects the democratic value of free-choice shopping just as much as a housewife...
SCORPONOK: I see, and maybe that's true, but consumers tend to be biased in terms of individualistic attitudes towards trends.
VOLTRON: If 'shopper-bias' controlled capitalism, we would not be able to celebrate the links between politics and capitalism.
SCORPONOK: If you're referring to free-market trade-zones (e.g., Hong Kong), then I contend that consumers are 'atheist.'
VOLTRON: I believe you can coordinate brand-marketing with political optimism towards capitalism (e.g., European Union).
SCORPONOK: If the European Union is making brand-related 'contracts' with companies such as Microsoft, anarchy may arise.
VOLTRON: Why is that?
SCORPONOK: When nations make decisions based on the marketability of goods, they care less about the demands of labor.
VOLTRON: Labor-management disagreements have always complicated politics, but I think President Trump is keen about the EU.
SCORPONOK: Trump has to convince the world he can negotiate Sunni-Shia deals regarding petroleum in Syria and Iran.
VOLTRON: If educators teach students about the value of shopper-centric capitalism (e.g., Wall Street), citizens will enjoy politics.
SCORPONOK: Perhaps, if you can coordinate shopping with voter-rights...
VOLTRON: Maybe the conveniences of the Internet will have people thinking more optimistically about 'capitalism-dominions.'
SCORPONOK: If people are paranoid about modernism (e.g., Facebook), then the sword-fight will be in regards to fashion.

====

VOLTRON:
history_classicvoltron.png

SCORPONOK:

Scorponok-Annual.jpg

Forum List

Back