Schumer warns of shutdown if House accepts conservative policy demands

waterborne?
Drinking water?

If you looked, you know the answer is "yes."

In this paper, we consider only outbreaks associated with contaminated drinking water.

Reporting Period Covered: This summary includes data on WBDOs associated with recreational water that occurred during January 2001--December 2002 and on a previously unreported outbreak that occurred during 1998

Description of the System: Public health departments in the states, territories, localities, and the Freely Associated States are primarily responsible for detecting and investigating WBDOs and voluntarily reporting them to CDC on a standard form. The surveillance system includes data for outbreaks associated with both drinking water and recreational water; only outbreaks associated with recreational water are reported in this summary

Have anyting involving drinking water?

If I'm wrong, Ill admit it. But please don't like shit like this. It wasted my time.

I am further pissed off my that link

The etiologic agent was identified in 23 (76.7%) of these 30 outbreaks; 18 (60.0%) of the 30 were associated with swimming or wading pools

all eight cases were fatal and were associated with swimming in a lake

Ok, I quit reading that tripe.

Reporting Period Covered: This summary includes data on WBDOs associated with recreational water that occurred during January 2001--December 2002 and on a previously unreported outbreak that occurred during 1998

Description of the System: Public health departments in the states, territories, localities, and the Freely Associated States are primarily responsible for detecting and investigating WBDOs and voluntarily reporting them to CDC on a standard form. The surveillance system includes data for outbreaks associated with both drinking water and recreational water; only outbreaks associated with recreational water are reported in this summary

Have anyting involving drinking water?

If I'm wrong, Ill admit it. But please don't like shit like this. It wasted my time.

There are two different sources I offered. You clicked on the second. It covers recreational water. The first source is about drinking water.

I included info on recreational water because, even though the question was posed about drinking water, the same tap water that fills a public pool also flows from your sinks at home. And because I wanted to be thorough.

From 1993 to 1996, the most recent years for which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has records [when article was published in 1998], there were 52 confirmed outbreaks of waterborne illness that sickened 408,000 people and killed 111. All the deaths and 403,000 of the illnesses were linked to a 1993 bad water outbreak in Milwaukee, WI.

Researchers say those numbers barely scratch the surface of what’’s really going on. “I would say the cases we learn about are the tip of the iceberg”, says Deborah Levy, a waterborne-disease expert at the CDC.

An investigation by Robert Morris of the Medical College of Wisconsin and Ronnie Levin of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) concluded that about 7.1 million Americans suffer nausea or diarrhea each year from bad water. The inquiry suggests that as many as 1,200 die as a result[/I

http://waterfilterblog.911water.com...llions-of-americans-could-get-sick-each-year/

But that's OK, we must deregulate, it's more important than the welfare of the masses.
What tools.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back