Schumer warns of shutdown if House accepts conservative policy demands

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Senator Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), chairman of the Democratic Policy Committee, said Tuesday the Senate would block any House-passed spending measure that included major policy riders.

Schumer said if House conservatives manage to defeat the pending bill, which does not include policy riders, a government shutdown would become more likely.

“I hope and pray that there are enough votes to pass it in the House and I hope these folks with a conservative, ideological agenda don’t try to bring down the government,” he said.

Schumer warns of shutdown if House accepts conservative policy demands - TheHill.com

Senator Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), chairman of the Democratic Policy Committee, said Tuesday the Senate would block any House-passed spending measure that included major policy riders.

Schumer said if House conservatives manage to defeat the pending bill, which does not include policy riders, a government shutdown would become more likely.

“I hope and pray that there are enough votes to pass it in the House and I hope these folks with a conservative, ideological agenda don’t try to bring down the government,” he said.

Schumer warns of shutdown if House accepts conservative policy demands - TheHill.com

Perhaps someone should remind him of this quote:

"Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won."
Obama, 2009

Perhaps someone should remind him of this quote:

"Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won."
Obama, 2009
Didn't Pelosi say that too? "Elections Have Consequences."

One of the riders is the stoppage of the EPA protecting drinking water. It costs too much to protect Americans safe water.
BUT damn it, let's continue giving corporate welfare to already highly profitable energy companies! We have the money for that!!!!

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think a Shutdown is the right way to go. These corrupt Politicians can't control themselves. They just can't stop spending. The Democrats are offering minuscule cuts that don't even add up to a drop in a bucket. It's actually very insulting. Maybe a Shutdown is necessary. It's pretty clear this President and the Democrats aren't serious about reigning in the Debt. They're just gonna play their usual Class Warfare games. They're looking to the 2012 Elections. It's all about Party before Country for them at this point. I hope it all backfires on them in 2012. The People need to stand up and kick some Democrat ass in 2012. I sure hope this happens.

One of the riders is the stoppage of the EPA protecting drinking water. It costs too much to protect Americans safe water.
BUT damn it, let's continue giving corporate welfare to already highly profitable energy companies! We have the money for that!!!!

Yo...

Know what you are talking about.

State and municipalities monitor local drinking water. We dont need the EPA saying "you are doing a good job" to our states and municipalities at a cost of millions od dollars.

Jeez.....you freaks just dont understand what a republic is yet you continue to debate on this board...making total asses of yourselves.

When was the last time you heard of an American getting sick drinking tap water in America?

hint

Never fucking ever.

An important question

Would we save money if the Fed shut down?

I'm thinking no. Cuz the union will work to make sure everyone either gets back pay or gets unemployment. Cuasing a drain on the states to come up with that money.

Aside from that.

The dims want to cut an entire day out of the yearly budget.

And they are boasting this.

I hope they do shut down the government. For many of us, the peace and quiet will be a relief.

With one caveat. No back pay for the days workers didn't work.

When was the last time you heard of an American getting sick drinking tap water in America?

hint

Never fucking ever.

From 1991 to 2002, over 200 waterborne illness outbreaks, and over 433,000 illnesses have occurred. source Because reporting to the EPA is voluntary, actual rates of incidence are expected to be higher.

From 2001 to 2002, 65 outbreaks occurred from recreational water, causing more than 2300 illnesses, dozens of hospitalizations, and 8 deaths. source

hint

Never fucking ever.

From 1991 to 2002, over 200 waterborne illness outbreaks, and over 433,000 illnesses have occurred. source Because reporting to the EPA is voluntary, actual rates of incidence are expected to be higher.

From 2001 to 2002, 65 outbreaks occurred from recreational water, causing more than 2300 illnesses, dozens of hospitalizations, and 8 deaths. source

waterborne?
Drinking water?

hint

Never fucking ever.

waterborne?
Drinking water?

my plan calls for closing it for six months twice a year.

Forum List

Back