School Threatens to Ruin Valedictorian’s Naval Academy Appt.

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
On the way to the Dark Tower.
A Texas high school principal threatened to sabotage a valedictorian’s appointment to the U.S. Naval Academy after the student delivered a speech that referenced God and the U.S. Constitution, the boy’s attorney alleges.

Hiram Sasser, director of litigation with the Liberty Institute, said Joshua High School principal Mick Cochran threatened to write a letter to the U.S. Naval Academy disparaging the character of Remington Reimer.

“It was intimidating having my high school principal threaten my future because I wanted to stand up for the Constitution and acknowledge my faith and not simply read a government approved speech, the teenager said.

--

“Specifically, he threatened to send a letter to the United States Naval Academy advising them that Remington has poor character or words to that effect,” Sasser told Fox News.

After consulting with a school attorney, the principal temporarily retracted the threat, Sasser said.

“The principal said he wanted to try to ruin him for what he did – for talking about the Constitution and his faith,” Sasser said. “I don’t know if he’s going to be able to continue to be the principal of that school.”​

Principal Little Bitch is a prick.

There is more to the story than that, I suspect. The kid may be a foursquare prick and of poor character as alleged. However, if the OP is absolutely correct in its general charge, then the principal needs to resign.

Freedom of speech. Who gets off telling people to use pre-approved speeches here in America? Good for this guy. This principal needs to be schooled on constitutional ethics.

I would like to know the entire story, but on the face of it so far, the student was within his rights and the principal bullied. I would like to know the subtext here.

Freedom of speech. Who gets off telling people to use pre-approved speeches here in America? Good for this guy. This principal needs to be schooled on constitutional ethics.

I really hate to throw a wet rag on this but...

It is not uncommon for the speeches read by Students at their High School Graduation to be pre-read by the school and "approved".

They are still under the School's authority until they have left the school property for the very last time. That is why so many schools don't hand out the actual diploma, but a blank sheet of paper. They have been known to withhold issuing that diploma up to the day before the next school year officially starts for misbehavior at the ceremony itself.

They are still under the School's authority until they have left the school property for the very last time. That is why so many schools don't hand out the actual diploma, but a blank sheet of paper. They have been known to withhold issuing that diploma up to the day before the next school year officially starts for misbehavior at the ceremony itself.

Yeah, I remember my high school mailed us our diplomas. Don't see the point in withholding it, though, as a disciplinary action. You don't physically need it in your possession anyway to start college and if you're not going to college then who gives a shit?

A Texas high school principal threatened to sabotage a valedictorian’s appointment to the U.S. Naval Academy after the student delivered a speech that referenced God and the U.S. Constitution, the boy’s attorney alleges.

Hiram Sasser, director of litigation with the Liberty Institute, said Joshua High School principal Mick Cochran threatened to write a letter to the U.S. Naval Academy disparaging the character of Remington Reimer.

“It was intimidating having my high school principal threaten my future because I wanted to stand up for the Constitution and acknowledge my faith and not simply read a government approved speech, the teenager said.

--

“Specifically, he threatened to send a letter to the United States Naval Academy advising them that Remington has poor character or words to that effect,” Sasser told Fox News.

After consulting with a school attorney, the principal temporarily retracted the threat, Sasser said.

“The principal said he wanted to try to ruin him for what he did – for talking about the Constitution and his faith,” Sasser said. “I don’t know if he’s going to be able to continue to be the principal of that school.”​

Principal Little Bitch is a prick.

If that was me, that douche would have had to talk to a lawyer to see how much he could sue my dad for over all the missing teeth.

If it was my son, I'd have choked that fuck out.

As it is, I suggest the parents ban together and get that useless America hating fuck out.

The principle should be thrown out of education permanently from what the story says. In my opinion he should be prosecuted for official oppression.

No free speech needs to be pre approved. It appalls me there are students - particularly valedictory studients, purportedly the cream of the crop - weak spirited enough to submit their own property, their speeches, for prior approval.

For-hire speeches obviously need approval.

Despite a lowlife nutball cocksucker like Daveboy's support, the kid is right.

Last edited:

I really hate to throw a wet rag on this but...

It is not uncommon for the speeches read by Students at their High School Graduation to be pre-read by the school and "approved".

I'm sorry, but nowhere does it say that they can stop someone speaking freely. There is too much political correctness in school as it is. Uniforms, regulations on clothing, no saying "Merry Christmas" because it might offend a Muslim, no free practice of religion (specifically by Christians). I've had just about enough of it. If my child cannot speak his mind to his class and to everyone within earshot, what have we become exactly?

You know that discussing the constitution or your rights makes you a terrorist, so why would you want a terrorist to go to the US Naval Acadamy?

Next you'll want to allow students to choose home schooling over our propaganda system, how in the world will we indoctrinate students if they are home schooled?

Yes, the above is sarchasm!

Any official with any knowledge of the rights of an individual and the republic that we live within should know better than to even consider trying to derail a student over a speech.

There is more to the story than that, I suspect. The kid may be a foursquare prick and of poor character as alleged. However, if the OP is absolutely correct in its general charge, then the principal needs to resign.

The First amendment should have prevented this from being a story in the first place... Unfortunately, some feel it only applies when it's their own message that is being conveyed.

Do you know how hard it is to get into any of the academies? What makes you think anyone could get through that process if the have poor character?

The principle should be thrown out of education permanently from what the story says. In my opinion he should be prosecuted for official oppression.

So...you take this on face value automatically.

Having to choose veracity based on the words of a valedictorian conservative student or an obviously liberal and politically correct school principal, I would take the words of the student.

Do you know how hard it is to get into any of the academies? What makes you think anyone could get through that process if the have poor character?

Yes, I do, from personal experience witnessing the successful process of several of our district's students, understand just how burdensome it is. And based on that experience, I do suspect that candidates of poor character do make it through from time to time. And just look at the number of academy graduates caught up in the sexual scandals in the military in the last few years. Yes, a scoundrel may get through the process. But . . . I do not know if this young man is such a person. That is why I want to know the subtext to the story.

Forum List

Back