Scalia: Constitution does not protect women against discrimination

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

The Constitution of the United States

Preamble

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

JUSTICE: The upholding of what is just, especially fair treatment and due reward in accordance with honor, standards, or law.

justice - definition of justice by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

LIBERTY:
a. The condition of being free from restriction or control.
b. The right and power to act, believe, or express oneself in a manner of one's own choosing.

liberty - definition of liberty by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

DISCRIMINATION - unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice. Prejudicial and therefore unequal treatment of a group of persons

discrimination: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com

Unless it's unclear, "discrimination" is a form of "restriction" and "control" and it's not fair which means there is no Justice in "discrimination" and certainly no "liberty". Confederates were able to get around this by declaring blacks were NOT human. That left only white, Confederate men as human. Women obviously weren't one of the "people".

This is why you fail at these things. You are just as bad as Scalia. Instead of asking something like "Well how come he seems to focus on these sorts of issues?"...you have to bend over backwards to make some elaborate point.

You could have also just pointed out the difference between what's explicit in the Constitution and implicit. Always makes for an interesting conversation.

Instead you annoy the crap out of people with this sort of stuff.

Scalia is a "Textualist" that frequently trips himself up. You'd know that if you followed the news a bit more instead of focusing on the flashy.

Justice and Liberty. "Bend over backwards" and "flashy". Funny, to me it seems "obvious".

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

The Constitution of the United States

Preamble

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

JUSTICE: The upholding of what is just, especially fair treatment and due reward in accordance with honor, standards, or law.

justice - definition of justice by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

LIBERTY:
a. The condition of being free from restriction or control.
b. The right and power to act, believe, or express oneself in a manner of one's own choosing.

liberty - definition of liberty by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

DISCRIMINATION - unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice. Prejudicial and therefore unequal treatment of a group of persons

discrimination: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com

Unless it's unclear, "discrimination" is a form of "restriction" and "control" and it's not fair which means there is no Justice in "discrimination" and certainly no "liberty". Confederates were able to get around this by declaring blacks were NOT human. That left only white, Confederate men as human. Women obviously weren't one of the "people".

This is why you fail at these things. You are just as bad as Scalia. Instead of asking something like "Well how come he seems to focus on these sorts of issues?"...you have to bend over backwards to make some elaborate point.

You could have also just pointed out the difference between what's explicit in the Constitution and implicit. Always makes for an interesting conversation.

Scalia is a "Textualist" that frequently trips himself up. You'd know that if you followed the news a bit more instead of focusing on the flashy.

Justice and Liberty. "Bend over backwards" and "flashy". Funny, to me it seems "obvious".

Kaaawhooosshh...

Way ovah yer head..

Because he doesn't believe the Constitution gives the government the power to tell you to eat three servings of vegetables every day?

Naw. Because he believes that if you haven't been convicted of anything while in government custody, torture isn't a cruel and unusual punishment..because you aren't being punished.

Great legal mind there..really.:cuckoo:

Naw. Because he believes that if you haven't been convicted of anything while in government custody, torture isn't a cruel and unusual punishment..because you aren't being punished.

:eusa_eh:

link?

Google works for you..

Saw this in a interview a while ago. I was really amazed by the "critical" thinking considering he whooshed over the whole speedy trial/lawyer/habeas thingie.

Because he doesn't believe the Constitution gives the government the power to tell you to eat three servings of vegetables every day?

Great legal mind there..really.:cuckoo:

What are the Constitutional rights of non-American enemy combatants held on foreign soil?

:eusa_eh:

link?

Google works for you..

Saw this in a interview a while ago. I was really amazed by the "critical" thinking considering he whooshed over the whole speedy trial/lawyer/habeas thingie.

Apparently not as well as it works for you since I came up with nothing that matches your characterization.

For a minute there I thought I might learn something today.

oh well...

Google works for you..

Apparently not as well as it works for you since I came up with nothing that matches your characterization.

For a minute there I thought I might learn something today.

oh well...

Oh for Pete's sake.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T72vgAEX66M[/ame]

Justice Scalia On The Record - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Kaaawhooosshh...

Way ovah yer head..

Yea, what do I know. Justice and liberty are way over my head. Also:

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

What do I know about "fair and justice and equal". None of those mean anything according to the constitution. Trying to make them "fit" would mean "bending over backwards".

Kaaawhooosshh...

Way ovah yer head..

Yea, what do I know. Justice and liberty are way over my head. Also:

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

What do I know about "fair and justice and equal". None of those mean anything according to the constitution. Trying to make them "fit" would mean "bending over backwards".

See?

Did you need all that cutting and pasting to make a valid point?

There is hope.:clap2:

Forum List

Back