"SAY GOODBYE REPUBLICANS" if you pull this shit, might as well eliminate the party...

I support legalization but not citizenship for illegal aliens.

Better addressing that than endless attempts to pass abortion legislation.

Of course, it would be good if they would take on the tax code like they keep promising.

They should start with a dream act. Then after that is done, they can talk about the next stage.

There should be only one stage. A renewal of Eisenhower's Operation wetback of 1954 > Mass Deportation. The problem isn't that illegal aliens are citizens or legal. It is that they are HERE.

"SAY GOODBYE REPUBLICANS" if you pull this shit, might as well eliminate the party...

Because we Republicans have NOTHING to offer you non-Whites! So, instead of trying to win your vote, we'll just limit who can vote.

Because we cheat and have no integrity.

They should start with a dream act. Then after that is done, they can talk about the next stage.

There should be only one stage. A renewal of Eisenhower's Operation wetback of 1954 > Mass Deportation. The problem isn't that illegal aliens are citizens or legal. It is that they are HERE.

I was wondering more along the lines of why we even have an immigration policy if it doesn't mean anything in the longrun.
Our actual enforced immigration policy is to give illegal immigrants legal status every couple of decades ... With more and more exceptions added and greater benefits for the children of illegal immigrants each time.

That kind of promotes the idea the illegal immigrants need to go ahead and get started on a family when they get here ... To better secure their place in line.

If the GOP is going to go this route, then it's going to set up a 2016 Presidential primary run that will an immigration hard liner nominated. And probably elected. I welcome that. A President who will finally order our military to report to the border and keep all invaders out. Shoot to kill.

I don't think so, swim, but if so it will be an interesting executive-legislative struggle.

After they get amnesty, they are just a single "equal protection" scotus ruling away from full citizenship, voting and welfare

your party is done.

You need voters to win elections.

your guys make Americans hate them

What is the cost of naturalizing 12 million people so they can become a productive, taxpaying part of our society versus rounding up and deporting them all?

Fighting reasonable immigration reform will be the death of the Republican Party

I clearly am missing something when it comes to this topic. Here's what I'd like to see, someone please tell me why it's so terrible:
  • If you're here, you get guest worker status. You can work and you pay our taxes.
  • When you get guest worker status, you go to the back of the immigration line.
  • Your kids have the same status.
  • You work (kids go to school) while you're waiting your turn.
  • When you reach the front of the line, you're in.
This seems so simple. What am I missing?

What is the cost of naturalizing 12 million people so they can become a productive, taxpaying part of our society versus rounding up and deporting them all?

Don't round them up and deport them. Make them legal. Make them so they don't have to fear being uprooted from their homes if they run a red light or report a crime. Just don't demand citizenship if they voluntarily violated the laws of the nation to come here.

Their children are a different story. If someone was brought here through no choice of their own, they didn't show scorn for the nation's laws and citizenship would be a reasonable option for them.

Don't round them up and deport them. Make them legal. Make them so they don't have to fear being uprooted from their homes if they run a red light or report a crime. Just don't demand citizenship if they voluntarily violated the laws of the nation to come here.

Their children are a different story. If someone was brought here through no choice of their own, they didn't show scorn for the nation's laws and citizenship would be a reasonable option for them.

Just put a cap on welfare payments, so that Dems have to take it away from someone else in order to pay off their new friends

I clearly am missing something when it comes to this topic. Here's what I'd like to see, someone please tell me why it's so terrible:
  • If you're here, you get guest worker status. You can work and you pay our taxes.

Isn't that what is in the Senate bill?

Just put a cap on welfare payments, so that Dems have to take it away from someone else in order to pay off their new friends

Tell your Republican heroes who never ended welfare to do that.

Force their hand - welfare is evil, correct? We are better off without it; so why was it never put to bed?

Too many Republicans are on the dole, that's why.

^^^^ Ideology is the number one roadblock to meaningful progress.

If we think with our brains instead of our self-righteous indignation, we can overcome anything.

H1-BS get laid off the second they get their Green Cards.
One more person on UI and then on Welfare.

Forum List

Back