Saw this deer swim across the river while I was fishing this afternoon

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I found a spot where the road dead ends at the Wisconsin River and decided to do some fishing this afternoon. Didn't catch anything but 6 suckers, and I threw them back. But I did see this deer walk across the shallows until he got into the deep part, then he swam the rest of the way. Kinda wish I'd brought a real camera instead of using my phone.

You should have cast out & snagged him...put him on your stringer and take him home :D

Now THAT would have been a fish story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have cast out & snagged him...put him on your stringer and take him home :D

Now THAT would have been a fish story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He could have mounted its head on the wall in between his Walleye and Large Mouth Bass.
what a conversation piece at ThanksGiving!

The deer is beautiful....enjoying God's Nature.

Thank you for posting.

Yes true, it was a Zen moment, a beautiful sentinent being doing what they have done for thousands of years! Unlike our river crossing deer at the southern border who fear daily
of ending up as street tacos.

So there I was fighting this deer fish. He kept running with the line & I kept reeling him back in.

I KNEW I should have brought the landing net with me...but now I would just have to beach him.

So there I was fighting this deer fish. He kept running with the line & I kept reeling him back in.

I KNEW I should have brought the landing net with me...but now I would just have to beach him.

.....and at that pivitol moment you really regretted using the 8lb test line instead of the 12!

In africa a lot are experimenting with the crawl stroke and one of our people swears one herd are experimenting with what looks like a sort of back stroke ,presumably gives them a wider vision range .

Forum List

Back